ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 324
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:01 PM 05-28-2023
I think this guy could be good on the Kansas City Chiefs
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:04 PM 05-28-2023
If the Chiefs sign Dhop who are the starting 6 who make the team? Or do we keep 7?
[Reply]
-King- 12:06 PM 05-28-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Pretty obvious that Taylor was not the Chiefs long term solution at LT. That was also obvious with them wanting to trade up for a LT.
Is it obvious. Then why pay him so much?

I just don't see any way his contract is a "win" if he plays RT.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:08 PM 05-28-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If he wasn't, then the Chiefs waaaaaaaay over paid. He got paid way more than Orlando did.
He would be the 4th highest paid RT and the 10th highest paid LT IIRC. That is not waaaaaaaay over paid for ine of the best RT. Orlanda wanted waaaaaay more from us and did not get it anywhere.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:08 PM 05-28-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
Is it obvious. Then why pay him so much?

I just don't see any way his contract is a "win" if he plays RT.
Burr Peach is beyond reproach. You cannot question. How dare you.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:11 PM 05-28-2023
He would be the 4th highest paid RT and the 10th highest paid LT IIRC. That is not waaaaaaaay over paid for ine of the best RT. Orlanda wanted waaaaaay more from us and did not get it anywhere.
I do not think Orlando Brown Jr is great But the same people who think Taylors contract is a win if he plays RT are the same people that wanted to pay Orlando Brown Jr whatever he wanted. Taylor has more upside than OBJ, but he isnt any better currently.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:15 PM 05-28-2023
No, he'd be the 2nd highest paid RT by AAV and is only making $187,500/yr less than Lane Johnson. He's the 5th highest paid tackle in all league by AAV, which is all that matters.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:17 PM 05-28-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I do not think Orlando Brown Jr is great But the same people who think Taylors contract is a win if he plays RT are the same people that wanted to pay Orlando Brown Jr whatever he wanted. Taylor has more upside than OBJ, but he isnt any better currently.
Were you bitching about Mitchell Schwartz's contract when he was among the highest paid RT's in the game?

We got a top ten offensive tackle for a top ten price.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:21 PM 05-28-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Think this will come down to what Hopkins is really looking for.
He's waiting until this thread reaches 1000
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 12:25 PM 05-28-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
He's waiting until this thread reaches 1000
Then LFGoooooooooooooooooooooo!
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:26 PM 05-28-2023
I'd rather have Taylor at LT and some Niang/rookie guy at RT plus DHop than Donovan Smith at LT and Taylor at RT.

The offensive line in option 2 is better, yes. For one season. And it's not like you're getting Willie Roaf for a year. You're getting a guy who has had only twoish great years in his career, and last year when he played hurt he was bad. Even then, if he's back to being healthy, he's also always had that bad reputation for holding and penalties. Honestly, there are just as many question marks with Smith as there would have been with Taylor, the main difference is we have the luxury of playing Taylor at RT now.

And all of that is negligible if you've got freakin Hopkins.

In the end, the Chiefs will contend for a Super Bowl with or without Hopkins, just as they would if Taylor were their LT instead of Smith. And that's all that's important. Put a pretty good team around Pat, get him to the playoffs, and let him do the rest of the work.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:30 PM 05-28-2023
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Were you bitching about Mitchell Schwartz's contract when he was among the highest paid RT's in the game?

We got a top ten offensive tackle for a top ten price.
As much as I like Jawaan Taylor, he's been a top 10 RT for about a year. He's young, and prior to last year he was surrounded by numbskull coaches, QBs, and all around assholes, but he's not what Mitchell Schwartz was when he left Cleveland. And even then, Schwartz signed with us for less than what he should have received for the top of the RT market. We got an absolute steal on his contract.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:33 PM 05-28-2023
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
If the Chiefs sign Dhop who are the starting 6 who make the team? Or do we keep 7?

Easy.

Hopkins
Toney
Moore
MVS
Rice
James
Watson
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:34 PM 05-28-2023
Bump
[Reply]