< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs WR Room for 2024
SHOWTIME 05:23 AM 04-26-2024

League ain’t ready �� pic.twitter.com/tl7wL3ihwY

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) April 26, 2024

Depth chart looks like this - who gets cut?:

-Hollywood Brown

-Xavier Worthy

-Rashee Rice (when he gets back from suspension)

-Kadarius Toney

-Skyy Moore

-Justyn Watson

-Justin Ross

-etc.

Cutting Watson post June 1 would save about $2.5M. Trading Toney may also save us $2.5.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:49 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
1. Brown
2. Rice
3. Worthy
4. Toney
5. Watson
6. Ross

Don't know about the financial implications but I don't think they need to carry more than 6, which leaves Moore as a camp cut IMO. Brings absolutely nothing.
Based on 2023, there's no reason Toney should be higher on the depth chart than Watson. Watson had a much more positive impact and made many clutch plays. If Toney didn't exist, we'd probably win two additional games in 2023.

Also, is Richie James officially not on the roster?
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 08:51 AM 04-26-2024
Absolutely crazy that we won a Super Bowl with a wide receiver room consisting of a rookie, a hit/miss deep-ball threat, and a few people plucked directly off the street.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:52 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Based on 2023, there's no reason Toney should be higher on the depth chart than Watson. Watson had a much more positive impact and made many clutch plays. If Toney didn't exist, we'd probably win two additional games in 2023.

Also, is Richie James officially not on the roster?
I knew I was forgetting someone lmao. I've only put Toney there based on Reid's comments alluding to him being a #1 talent.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:53 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I knew I was forgetting someone lmao. I've only put Toney there based on Reid's comments alluding to him being a #1 talent.
Don't blame you. I kept forgetting throughout the season that James or Ross were still on the team.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:53 AM 04-26-2024
Imagine a line-up that includes the speed of Hollywood, Worthy and Toney… all on field during the same play… damn.

Yes that dream involves taking another leap of faith with Toney… but without the unrealistic expectations of him becoming a WR1 or WR2.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:55 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Our Alpha is a soon to be 35 year old TE drafted by the last gm. That’s fine but eventually we need to draft another.
Rashee Rice
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:57 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Rashee Rice
Maybe. He’s very good.

Needs to not be a knuckle head and I want to see development in the way he is used.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:00 AM 04-26-2024
There will be another WR out their either from the draft or released that will a big pick up for us.
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 09:33 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Worthy is EXCELLENT at tracking the deep ball. He has the occasional concentration drop like Rice/MVS but he's excellent at tracking the deep ball and positioning himself for the catch.
Like a Bizarro Mecole Hardman?
[Reply]
tk13 10:01 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
Absolutely crazy that we won a Super Bowl with a wide receiver room consisting of a rookie, a hit/miss deep-ball threat, and a few people plucked directly off the street.
We talked about this during the season but in some ways it's not. Tom Brady never won a Super Bowl with Randy Moss but he won 3 of them in the 2010s, and he had Edelman and Gronk but even Gronk didn't play full seasons for most of those teams. Otherwise it was guys like Brandon Lafell and Chris Hogan who were the WRs. Most people couldn't name the WRs on those teams.

Same way people are going to look back and realize Mahomes had the most explosive WR in the league but has already won more Super Bowls without him. Just how it goes. In our case it let Veach build a top 5 defense.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:14 AM 04-26-2024
Moore and Ross are the ones that are gone. I don't think I've seen anyone in the organization talk up Moore for a long long time now. Not the case with Toney. And Ross is just completely worthless. I've always been baffled at the love that dude gets.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:23 AM 04-26-2024
I am curious if remigio can make a move this offseason. I think there’s a place for what they want skyy Moore to do, but since he’s not very good he doesn’t do it well. At least on paper remigio seems to do everything skyy does with a lot more upside to do it better
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:45 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Moore and Ross are the ones that are gone. I don't think I've seen anyone in the organization talk up Moore for a long long time now. Not the case with Toney. And Ross is just completely worthless. I've always been baffled at the love that dude gets.

I think I agree about Ross. The few times he was n the field he was consistently unable to create any separation. I mean, maybe and that’s a big ?, he just needed another year to get 100% healthy and this season he’ll have more burst. But otherwise forget it, he’s not a NFL-caliber WR. Replace him asap. Don’t n ed to waste a spot on a WR that is only adequate in 1 or 2 situations.

Moore is just not a NFL WR. His only positive attribute is he’s cheap.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:00 PM 04-26-2024
The new kick return rule may save Kadarious Toney a roster spot.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:08 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The new kick return rule may save Kadarious Toney a roster spot.

I think KT is safe regardless. I mean, if you have to keep one of KT/Moore/Ross, is there really any other choice?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up