ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 335
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 08:17 PM 06-14-2015
Pretty good season finale. Left all of us hanging with the Jon Snow incident. Quite a risk, in my opinion, after burning Shireen, having Sansa raped, and providing no justice for the previously mentioned.

I guess Stannis seeing his end is somewhat justice, but it wasn't what he deserved. I loved seeing Mellesandre looking confused and destroyed. She was always so confident.

Shireen will certainly be what brings Jon back.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 08:18 PM 06-14-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
They probably should not have ended the season that way. Might drive off a lot of people.
Agreed. It's risky.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 08:21 PM 06-14-2015
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Of course. I just assumed they had abandoned Old Town and Arya being blinded at this point.
It was a bit weird to make it sam's choice. I guess it fits more with the Gilly plot line they've created, but it felt as if it was created to be different.

Did Arya go blind in the book? I don't recall that at all.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:34 PM 06-14-2015
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
It was a bit weird to make it sam's choice. I guess it fits more with the Gilly plot line they've created, but it felt as if it was created to be different.

Did Arya go blind in the book? I don't recall that at all.
Yep. A lot of the time she was wandering around town as a beggar, she was blinded.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:21 PM 06-14-2015
Yep. A lot of the time she was wandering around town as a beggar, she was blinded.
God damn I am due for a reread
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:28 PM 06-14-2015
Huh. There are more plotlines still alive than I'd thought.
Lady Stoneheart is the big one out there. There is all the book time devoted to the ironborn. Those two together have to be a 1000 pages of book.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:29 PM 06-14-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Lady Stoneheart is the big one out there. There is all the book time devoted to the ironborn. Those two together have to be a 1000 pages of book.
Yep. At this point I think those are just plain gone though. If they were important enough to include at some point, they would have been in there by now.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:57 PM 06-14-2015
I had sort of waffled back and forth over whether Jon was truly killed or not when he was stabbed at end of ADWD.

The way the show carried it out, though, left no doubt that he's supposed to be truly dead. There's no surviving that shit.

So I guess it's up to Melisandre to bring him back from the dead.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:46 PM 06-14-2015
I knew it was coming and seeing Jon die still got me..

I have to agree that it was a risky move. A lot of casual viewers may just not tune in next season with all these shitheads "winning".

I'd think Jon should come back because I've read it so much, but in the show that wouldn't appear to be the case. We haven't seen Melisandre bring anyone back from the dead. We've never seen him warg. By what means will he be brought back? We haven't seen Beric and his bunch in a while. Maybe Thoros will show up? That would be hella random though.

At the same time, fatshit's comment about Jon always coming back and Melisandre showing back up at Castle Black amidst all of this just can't be coincidences..
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 07:08 AM 06-15-2015
Even in the books, I'm really fucking ready for the good guys to finally fucking start to "win". It's been a while since I read the latest book, but are there any story lines in the books where the good guys are actually coming out on top? I love this series but damn, every time you root for someone they end up getting killed or shit goes bad.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:24 AM 06-15-2015
"I'm glad you're my father"

{sun beams down over smiling face; full of hope and energy}

Me: "Uh oh...Myrcella is probably !@#$ed here..."

{3 seconds pass....blood from nose}

It really is incredibly obvious when they're going to off someone at this point. I'm talking 'nail it down to the minute' kind of obvious.

Even as a book reader who is pretty sure that Myrcella doesn't die, I could spot it. If you're going in without any pre-conceived notions as to who lives or dies, how could that have been even the slightest bit surprising?

The only thing that might have made it actually surprising/interesting would have been had Ellaria actually done it knowing that it would kill her. If she didn't have an antidote but just didn't care, killed Myrcella in an act of pure vengeance (and to start a war) and then died a martyr for it. That would've been surprising and awesome.

But nope...just another telegraphed dead person. I really REALLY hate the direction they took Dorne this season.
[Reply]
eDave 09:30 AM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

It really is incredibly obvious when they're going to off someone at this point. I'm talking 'nail it down to the minute' kind of obvious.

Even as a book reader who is pretty sure that Myrcella doesn't die, I could spot it. If you're going in without any pre-conceived notions as to who lives or dies, how could that have been even the slightest bit surprising?

The only thing that might have made it actually surprising/interesting would have been had Ellaria actually done it knowing that it would kill her. If she didn't have an antidote but just didn't care, killed Myrcella in an act of pure vengeance (and to start a war) and then died a martyr for it. That would've been surprising and awesome.

But nope...just another telegraphed dead person. I really REALLY hate the direction they took Dorne this season.
I thought they were going to fuck.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:33 AM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I have never expected Myrcella to make it back to King's Landing, even in the books - after all, Maggy the Frog told Cersei she would see burial shrouds on all of her children before the valonquar did his thing.

But yeah, I looked at my wife as that scene was happening and told her to expect something brutal... especially after the weird kissing scene with Ellaria Sand.

Ellaria Sand is going to lose that head pretty quickly. If he hadn't sent Trystane to King's Landing alongside Myrcella, I'd think that perhaps this was Doran Martell's first step towards his end game. (Not that he told Ellaria to do it, but that he knew what she would do if he left her alive long enough to do it).

Hard to see him putting his heir in harm's way like that, though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:02 AM 06-15-2015
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/%e2...%99/ar-BBl9czD

Originally Posted by :
Game of Thrones’ Actor on Shocking Finale: ‘I’m Dead. I’m Not Coming Back Next Season’

Warning: This story contains major spoilers about Sunday’s “Game of Thrones” finale.

In one of the most shocking TV moments of the year, “Game of Thrones” killed off one of its biggest stars on Sunday. Jon Snow, or the bastard of Winterfell, was struck down by men of the Night’s Watch in a harrowing conclusion to the HBO drama’s fifth season.

Speaking with Entertainment Weekly, actor Kit Harington talked about his popular character, how fans of the show will react to Sunday’s gut-wrenching finale and whether or not the Lord Commander is actually dead.

“I kind of knew it was coming,” Harington said of the finale. “I didn’t read (George R.R. Martin’s novel) ‘A Dance with Dragons.’ But I read the other books and I had heard this is what happens.

Harington said it was the show’s creators, David Benioff and Dan Weiss, who confirmed the news to him last year before production on the fifth season began.

“We did the Tony Soprano walk (tell an actor they’re going to die). And they said, ‘Look, you’re gone, it’s done.'”

“I didn’t realize it would be the final shot of the season and that made it extra special,” the actor said of the bloody mutiny at the end of season five, in which a band of misfits from the Nights Watch stab him to death for being a ‘Traitor’ after joining forces with the enemy outfit the Wildlings.

“I dunno, I loved it,” he added. “I loved how they brought Olly in to be the person who kills me. I love how the storyline with Thorne was wrapped up. I think it was really well crafted by (Benioff and Weiss). It felt like the right way for it to happen.”

As for whether or not his character his really dead or if there’s a chance his wounds were not fatal and he returns, Harrington said: ‘I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really.’

The drama’s show runner also confirmed that he was gone: ““Dead is dead,” Weiss told EW.

“We would hope that after seeing the scene and the way it’s shot that the answer to that will be unambiguous in the minds of the people watching it,” he explained. ““It should be pretty clear what happens in by the time you’re done seeing that scene. It’s not an, ‘Oh what just happened scene?’”

But George R. R. Martin, author of the popular books that inspired the Emmy-winning series, has sprinkled some skepticism as to whether Snow’s fate is actually sealed on “Game of Thrones.”

“My readers should know better than to take anything as gospel,” he said in a 2011 interview. He added fuel to the fire in another interview this past year: “If there’s one thing we know in ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ is that death is not necessarily permanent,” he said, referring to the first volume in the books. Martin is currently writing the next book in the series, “Winds of Winter.”

As for Harrington, he’s already begun to turn the page: I’m looking for movies for next year,” he said. “I’m in a very lucky place—I can turn things down and do what I want to do. There’s a couple movies I’m looking at, but I can’t really talk about them yet. I might take a holiday. I might try writing. I’m trying to figure it out.”

What should fans expect at the end of the series?

“I don’t know how they’re going to finish (it), but I think I’ve gone out on a great season. I think they’ll have to end it with most epic f–- all battle TV has ever seen.”

[Reply]
wazu 10:13 AM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
Even in the books, I'm really fucking ready for the good guys to finally fucking start to "win". It's been a while since I read the latest book, but are there any story lines in the books where the good guys are actually coming out on top? I love this series but damn, every time you root for someone they end up getting killed or shit goes bad.
At this point there aren't enough good guys left. I'd settle for a full season of watching white walkers overrun the wall, King's Landing, and wherever the Freys live.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 335
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Up