ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 24
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Baltimore Ravens (Week 2)
O.city 10:33 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Replace a starting QB that has won almost 80% of his games with who?

What's your big idea?
One that can win by throwing the football?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:35 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
One that can win by throwing the football?
And I take it have a better than 80% winning percentage?

I'm sorry, this idea that there's a huge supply of such types out there is silly to me.

Of course if Mahomes 3.0 comes out the Ravens should take him and replace Lamar.

But you actually have to find a guy in the real world of college football.

Not as easy as you think or everyone would be adding a guy like that.

Now if you don't care about winning and want a different style QB, sure, easy.
[Reply]
O.city 10:37 AM 09-14-2021
And I take it have a better than 80% winning percentage?

I'm sorry, this idea that there's a huge supply of such types out there is silly to me.

Of course if Mahomes 3.0 comes out the Ravens should take him and replace Lamar.

But you actually have to find a guy in the real world of college football.

Not as easy as you think or everyone would be adding a guy like that.

Now if you don't care about winning and want a different style QB, sure, easy.
There's about 5 that come out of college every year these days in the draft, so I don't think it'll be that tough.

If you replace Lamar with Alex Smith in this argument, it's not much different.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:32 AM 09-14-2021
It's cliche at this point... teams like the Ravens who rely on blitzing to generate pressure are going to get destroyed by Mahomes.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:09 AM 09-14-2021
Lamar cant throw and likely cant score enough with his legs to beat KC.

End of story.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:55 AM 09-14-2021
After what i saw last night, it's hard to imagine the Chiefs now slingin' it all over the field on them.

Humphrey looked.....fat? He looked slow, idk.

And they have no legit pass rushers that scare anyone. A heavy blitz scheme with no real pass rushers and a secondary that looks like a shell of it's former self? Uh oh, Ravens.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:16 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
After what i saw last night, it's hard to imagine the Chiefs now slingin' it all over the field on them.

Humphrey looked.....fat? He looked slow, idk.

And they have no legit pass rushers that scare anyone. A heavy blitz scheme with no real pass rushers and a secondary that looks like a shell of it's former self? Uh oh, Ravens.
Humphrey wasn't a speed guy to begin with but he's dealing with some sort of leg injury, IIRC.

Houston and Campbell could be an issue if they come ready to play.

I would have preferred a narrow Ravens win last night so they wouldn't be so desperate next week, but they've got some glaring flaws that we could exploit. They had absolutely no answer for Waller so Kelce should feast and they have no one in their secondary who can run with Tyreek.

I'd expect them to be competitive at home, on SNF, while they essentially fight to save their season from derailing. They'll probably go for it on every 4th and short like the Browns did.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:18 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Humphrey wasn't a speed guy to begin with but he's dealing with some sort of leg injury, IIRC.

Houston and Campbell could be an issue if they come ready to play.

I would have preferred a narrow Ravens win last night so they wouldn't be so desperate next week, but they've got some glaring flaws that we could exploit. They had absolutely no answer for Waller so Kelce should feast and they have no one in their secondary who can run with Tyreek.

I'd expect them to be competitive at home, on SNF, while they essentially fight to save their season from derailing. They'll probably go for it on every 4th and short like the Browns did.
If they come out desperate, I don’t think I’m that will turn out well for them.

When they had a better team, yea that kind of desperation could be a good thing, but with this current team, that could just make things worse.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:25 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If they come out desperate, I don’t think I’m that will turn out well for them.

When they had a better team, yea that kind of desperation could be a good thing, but with this current team, that could just make things worse.
That's very possible. I think 90 times out of 100 we win this one, and most of the time relatively comfortably.

I can just envision a situation in which they get a little lucky by going for it on every 4th and short (and convert) and Lamar does some superhero running stuff to save their season.

Plus I'd expect Houston and Watkins to be extra motivated so I also wouldn't be surprised to see big games from either of them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:14 PM 09-14-2021
Plus I'd expect Houston and Watkins to be extra motivated so I also wouldn't be surprised to see big games from either of them.
Houston - sure.

Sammy? Not sure he's capable of it and even if he were, why would he harbor any animosity towards a team that paid him $42 million to play 34 games.

Dude was a bust here. He made 2-3 noteworthy plays in a 3 year career here.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:57 PM 09-14-2021
I would have preferred a narrow Ravens win last night so they wouldn't be so desperate next week,
If desperation trumped talent... the Donks would be Superbowl favorites.

Even at full strength, the Chiefs walloped them last year....Peters is a big loss for how the like to run their defense.

I think this season is the beginning of the end for them...they'll have to pay Jackson soon and the Browns are on the uptick.

They are designed to play with a lead...

They had a window but Mahomes is just too good...
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:57 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
If desperation trumped talent... the Donks would be Superbowl favorites.

Even at full strength, the Chiefs walloped them last year....Peters is a big loss for how the like to run their defense.

I think this season is the beginning of the end for them...they'll have to pay Jackson soon and the Browns are on the uptick.

They are designed to play with a lead...

They had a window but Mahomes is just too good...

Ravens are good and will make the playoffs.

They will start the year 0-2.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:13 PM 09-14-2021

Are they, though?

Can this defense operate at an extremely high level without 2 legitimate Man corners?

And if this defense can't operate at an extremely high level, can this form of offense (with backup RBs) work?

We'll see what happens when they get their WR corps back intact and if someone like Bateman can allow Jackson to just chuck and duck a few times a game. But if they think they're going to win ballgames the way they did last season, by holding teams to less than 10 points in first halves and choking the life out of them with the running game, I think they're going to be in for a rude awakening.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:13 PM 09-14-2021

We'll see...I think losing Peters is the equivalent of KC losing Fisher in a ways.

Their defense is predicated on Humphry/Peters being able to man up...Since they have a average, at best, front...it gives Martindale the ability to allocate an extra defender for his blitzes.

So it's a cumulative effect...as it's kind built to be symbiotic.

It's why Mahomes eats them up..because it's a numbers game at that point...and neither Peters not Humphrey is particularly fast.

Now if they cant use his blitzes or man up...with the Chiefs speed and limited pass rush...it a schematic mismatch.

Carr had a lot of time to throw...

Lamar's style isn't very affective if they get behind....
[Reply]
Frazod 03:17 PM 09-14-2021

I think they're headed toward the cellar of their division.

The Ratbirds win one way and only one way - steamrolling their opponents early, getting a big lead and then grinding the clock away with their running game. Jackson is great when there's no pressure and he can option pass to wide open receivers. But if they NEED him to win a close game, or NEED him to come from behind, he crumples like an empty beer can. I found it interesting when one of the announcers said that Baltimore has not won an OT game during his tenure. Jackson seems like a good kid, but he is not a leader or a winner, and you can see in his eyes that he knows it, so now it's in his head. He always finds ways to lose when it matters.

Cleveland is the class of that division now. The $tealer$ somehow remain competitive, and the Bengals are rising. And all three now have much better quarterbacks.

Baltimore is a bully with a glass jaw. And with the key injuries on defense, the bully is on crutches.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 24
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up