ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 32
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs took WR Christian Watson at 30…
staylor26 02:01 PM 03-11-2022
How would you feel about that?
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:49 PM 04-26-2022
Someone never picked up Will Fuller from the fantasy waiver wire and it shows.

*and then dropped him three weeks later
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:53 PM 04-26-2022
It's interesting. Ultimately, none of us know diddly about how these kids project to the NFL. The GMs know...well, somewhat more, but it's still a crap-shoot.

The talking heads know...I don't know, some even less maybe than some of us. But there's a bunch of hype about these guys because the draft class is viewed in a vacuum. The best prospect in this draft might not even be a top ten pick in say, 2018's draft.

But that wouldn't be interesting television, or click-worthy internet.

It seems like a deep draft to me, and I've seen it repeated as such. I think there are a lot of potential stars outside of the first round, but most of course, will wash out.

I don't know. Thursday can't get here fast enough.

I can tell you this, though-no matter what Veach does, I'm not going to criticize until I see the product on the field.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:03 AM 04-27-2022
Gonna watch more Christian Watson today. Eerie feeling the Chiefs may take him.

I'm gonna have to be ready to do battle with DJ and all them.

[Reply]

GloucesterChief 10:08 AM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It's interesting. Ultimately, none of us know diddly about how these kids project to the NFL. The GMs know...well, somewhat more, but it's still a crap-shoot.

The talking heads know...I don't know, some even less maybe than some of us. But there's a bunch of hype about these guys because the draft class is viewed in a vacuum. The best prospect in this draft might not even be a top ten pick in say, 2018's draft.

But that wouldn't be interesting television, or click-worthy internet.

It seems like a deep draft to me, and I've seen it repeated as such. I think there are a lot of potential stars outside of the first round, but most of course, will wash out.

I don't know. Thursday can't get here fast enough.

I can tell you this, though-no matter what Veach does, I'm not going to criticize until I see the product on the field.
Its a draft that has a lot of talent but not much obvious superstar talent.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:29 AM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Gonna watch more Christian Watson today. Eerie feeling the Chiefs may take him.

I'm gonna have to be ready to do battle with DJ and all them.

[Reply]
kccrow 10:33 AM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Its a draft that has a lot of talent but not much obvious superstar talent.
How many drafts do though? I mean, you're probably lucky to have a handful of superstar players that emerge from any single draft and another handful of really good players. I would wager they aren't all very obvious, maybe 2 to 3?

If I had to pick 5 guys that truly look like superstars to me, they would be Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, Cross, Lloyd, and Gardner. For 5 more that look like they'll be really good but probably not superstars, I'd go with Ekwonu, Hamilton, Wilson, Penning, and Linderbaum.

Other than those guys, I see mostly solid players or boom/bust prospects. If you hit on the boom, you may have a superstar but if you don't... A handful of those guys might be Stingley, Williams, Walker, Davis, and Willis.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:35 AM 04-27-2022
Pickens or Watson at either 29 or 30 would be annoying but I'd probably understand why they did it based off of potential.

Fuck Skyy Moore with a rusty screwdriver though. I'll be fucking pissed if they take him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:39 AM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Pickens or Watson at either 29 or 30 would be annoying but I'd probably understand why they did it based off of potential.

Fuck Skyy Moore with a rusty screwdriver though. I'll be fucking pissed if they take him.
I just can't understand why they'd take Watson, especially that high.

Shouldn't they have learned their lesson with the development curve of Hardman? Very similar strengths/weaknesses there.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:39 AM 04-27-2022
2017 draft had tons of talent but not a lot of obvious blue chip players.

I loved Mahomes that year but a lot of guys that people were pushing early 1st that year such as Corey Davis, OJ Howard, John Ross and Solomon Thomas were blah.

But the you see guys like Tre White still around late 1 and then you had all kinds of value with Godwin, Cooper Kupp, Juju and Kittle after the 1st round.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:40 AM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Shouldn't they have learned their lesson with the development curve of Hardman? Very similar strengths/weaknesses there.
If they take Watson it tells me they learned nothing after Hardman.

We will teach him to run routes now seems like a bad idea with a high pick.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:46 AM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

My only guess would be measurables.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:02 PM 04-27-2022
I like Nate Taylor, but fuck this at 30.

Originally Posted by :
29. Kansas City Chiefs (from SF via MIA): Arnold Ebiketie, Edge, Penn State
Nate Taylor: The Chiefs, with eight picks in the first four rounds, are capable of trading up Thursday night. Staying put, though, worked out well for a team that desperately needs another defensive end. Ebiketie is known for being a speed rusher who is relentless in his pursuit of the quarterback. He has struggled at times holding his own in run support and setting the edge. But acquiring the sixth-ranked edge prospect with the 29th pick is good value for the Chiefs, who need to retool their defense with several young players.

30. Kansas City Chiefs: Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State
Taylor: Everyone expects the Chiefs to select a receiver. After the initial run on receivers, Watson could be the perfect prospect for the new version of the Chiefs passing attack, which will feature receivers who have an imposing combination of size and speed. Although Watson never faced an FBS opponent during his college career, he tested well at the combine and impressed scouts with his performance at the Senior Bowl. This selection comes with the trust that Andy Reid, Eric Bieniemy and Patrick Mahomes will develop and accentuate Watson’s skills.

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:05 PM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I like Nate Taylor, but fuck this at 30.
Just be aware that Taylor has been enamored with Watson for like the last month. He also admits that it's a reach.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:30 PM 04-27-2022
You guys DO understand that Watson and Hardman are two different people, right?

Like...just because one guy's a knucklehead and can't quite put it all together has no bearing whatsoever on another individual?

And, for the record-a part of Hardman's issues are sitting behind Tyreek. At that small stature, you really want them at 'Z' so they can get a free run at the line of scrimmage. Hardman was drafted because it looked like Tyreek might be out of the league. His numbers last year were perfectly decent for a #3, and there's no reason to think they won't tick up this year with Hill being gone.

He's not been a world-beater, but the revisionist history on the guy is a bit overboard.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:39 PM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You guys DO understand that Watson and Hardman are two different people, right?

Like...just because one guy's a knucklehead and can't quite put it all together has no bearing whatsoever on another individual?

And, for the record-a part of Hardman's issues are sitting behind Tyreek. At that small stature, you really want them at 'Z' so they can get a free run at the line of scrimmage. Hardman was drafted because it looked like Tyreek might be out of the league. His numbers last year were perfectly decent for a #3, and there's no reason to think they won't tick up this year with Hill being gone.

He's not been a world-beater, but the revisionist history on the guy is a bit overboard.
The problem with Hardman is that 3 better WR's were on the board.

DK Metcalf
Terry McLaurin
Diontae Johnson
[Reply]
Page 22 of 32
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up