Page 661 of 934
« First < 161561611651657658659660661 662663664665671711761 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
eDave 08:15 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Some truth. I bought AMC before I heard a single thing about it being a meme. Simply made a play on AMC and Hertz. Ended up 800% on Hertz, and 340% on AMC.
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
You've said it before, you were wrong then and still are. I have made thousands to prove it and many others have too. I mean shit, AMC's 800% plus gains since I first brought it up here should be enough for you.
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I guess that is how to invest in 2021- don't worry if the company is bleeding money, buy it and hope it gets manipulated into a win for you.
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
Yeah, I disagree also. I made a LOT off of AMC, and it's been discussed to death all across the internet since January.
It's just me still butthurt over GME and CCIV. I've more than made up for that with AMC, but I bought way back at 13.43 with what I had left over from the aforementioned failures. But I've got my eye out for fuckery with this one too.
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:23 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's just me still butthurt over GME and CCIV. I've more than made up for that with AMC, but I bought way back at 13.43 with what I had left over from the aforementioned failures. But I've got my eye out for fuckery with this one too.
What was your average price on GME?
[Reply]
rydogg58 08:23 PM 06-04-2021
Lots of fuckery to be had still. I say the best chance it has for another big jump is June 18th. I'm not holding my breath, but if nothing by then I'm selling everything I've got left, which isn't a lot.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:25 PM 06-04-2021
It's just me still butthurt over GME and CCIV. I've more than made up for that with AMC, but I bought way back at 13.43 with what I had left over from the aforementioned failures. But I've got my eye out for ****ery with this one too.
Why don't you start doing an in-depth financial analysis of the companies you are thinking about investing in?
[Reply]
eDave 08:33 PM 06-04-2021
Why don't you start doing an in-depth financial analysis of the companies you are thinking about investing in?
Because, other than this meme triad, I'm not an investor in individual stocks.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:49 PM 06-04-2021
Fundamentals rarely apply to trading but more long term investing. I don’t even look at fundamentals when swing trading, only moving on technicals. I don’t care if the company I’m trading is severely in the red, I’m only buying short term and looking for momentum. If I’m long a stock, that’s only a play if it’s a solid company with good financials.

I don’t think many new investors look at fundamentals or technicals though.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:23 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Fundamentals rarely apply to trading but more long term investing. I don’t even look at fundamentals when swing trading, only moving on technicals. I don’t care if the company I’m trading is severely in the red, I’m only buying short term and looking for momentum. If I’m long a stock, that’s only a play if it’s a solid company with good financials.

I don’t think many new investors look at fundamentals or technicals though.
So basically you are gambling- but, you are at least using data to make educational guesses on the market- that is far more than what is happening on Robin Hood. :-)

It seems Dave and others are just trusting their money to a random post on social media. Scary.
[Reply]
eDave 09:29 PM 06-04-2021
That's exactly what I did. And will not be doing again.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:36 PM 06-04-2021
So basically you are gambling- but, you are at least using data to make educational guesses on the market- that is far more than what is happening on Robin Hood. :-)

It seems Dave and others are just trusting their money to a random post on social media. Scary.
Not gambling at all. You should look up technical analysis. It’s actually less risky then buying and holding individual stocks long term because EVERY trade has risk management built in from the start.

I prefer funds/indexes for most of my long term investing. Again, much less risky than owning individual stocks long term.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:41 PM 06-04-2021
That's exactly what I did. And will not be doing again.
If you don't want to analyze companies, then use your own instincts and observations. You would be better off than trusting internet scammers and trolls.

Example: Every day I see trucks for Iron Mountain. So I looked them up and found out they are into secure document disposal, file storage, etc. Very solid, so I invested in them. I am up 28% with a dividend that was reinvested this year so far.

https://www.ironmountain.com/

Investors.

https://investors.ironmountain.com/o...w/default.aspx

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/IRM?....tsrc=fin-srch
[Reply]
MTG#10 09:47 PM 06-04-2021
A lot of people would argue (some very compelling) that technical analysis is pure bullshit.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:55 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Not gambling at all. You should look up technical analysis. It’s actually less risky then buying and holding individual stocks long term because EVERY trade has risk management built in from the start.

I prefer funds/indexes for most of my long term investing. Again, much less risky than owning individual stocks long term.
:-)

I just started 10 ETF's and 5 Mutual funds in my Fidelity account where I have my Roth.

My stock portfolio is modest compared to all the CP millionaires on here-lol It is basically a mutual fund I have built for myself.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:05 PM 06-04-2021
A lot of people would argue (some very compelling) that technical analysis is pure bullshit.
Lew has found the sweet spot between his risk tolerance, bankroll and investment goals- it sounds like a good place to be!

I spent 4 in college in Finance analyzing companies- which now seems like a obsolete way to invest. :-)

I had a string of 40 winners- but then temporarily fucked myself by "diversifying" my investments into a few companies with great potential but lacking a solid base I look for. I sold a couple of dogs and cut my China stocks that had big gains to cover the losses. I have reinvested that money and have 8 straight in the green again.

It is frustrating to set my price buys and then have the stocks take off. I missed a couple of big hitters- Roblox and Data Dog because I tried to save 5% off the front end. Live and learn I guess.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:09 PM 06-04-2021
It’s playing the game of averages and math. That’s it. Learn your boundaries and set risk management strategies. It doesn’t work for most people because they can’t define their own rules.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:38 PM 06-05-2021
https://youtu.be/GinQv4Ywyqg

https://youtu.be/sK9N-DiuIs8
[Reply]
Page 661 of 934
« First < 161561611651657658659660661 662663664665671711761 > Last »
Up