ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 27
« First < 162223242526 27 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
RunKC 07:42 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Who do you want them to trade up for though?

I don't understand using picks like that when the only way to get a really top notch prospect is to give up a haul and the guys you're getting with a reasonable trade up aren't really that much better than the guys at 31.

This just isn't the right draft to trade up for a LT. Its kind of like 2013 and looking for a QB.
I think it’s a strong possibility but at the same time Duncan Idaho made a great point: Veach is about expanding on Mahomes and helping him, so I could easily see tackle or WR.
[Reply]
O.city 07:58 AM 04-20-2021
Who do you want them to trade up for though?

I don't understand using picks like that when the only way to get a really top notch prospect is to give up a haul and the guys you're getting with a reasonable trade up aren't really that much better than the guys at 31.

This just isn't the right draft to trade up for a LT. Its kind of like 2013 and looking for a QB.
Darrisaw.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:20 PM 04-19-2021
If Niang is the LT this season then a Jenkins selection makes a shitload more sense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:01 PM 04-19-2021
I think they draft a guy regardless.

It's possible that they work Niang and/or draftee at LT during the OTA's and mini-camp to see what's what.

If they feel like neither can handle it, they bring back Fish and take their lumps until he's good to go.
[Reply]
O.city 08:10 AM 04-20-2021
Yeah, if Niang is the plan at LT, I'd be fine as is and just sit tight.
[Reply]
O.city 08:43 AM 04-20-2021
IF thats their plan, I question throwing the kind of coin at Trent Williams they were ready to do.

LT is too important of a spot as they've shown with how they fill it (first overall pick, highest paid player potentially etc).

So I don't think they'd pivot to Niang. Maybe they have to and it works out, but I dont' think that was ever the plan.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:45 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
IF thats their plan, I question throwing the kind of coin at Trent Williams they were ready to do.

LT is too important of a spot as they've shown with how they fill it (first overall pick, highest paid player potentially etc).

So I don't think they'd pivot to Niang. Maybe they have to and it works out, but I dont' think that was ever the plan.
The way Reid talked yesterday, Veach is totally opportunistic. In other words, the “plan” wasn’t Trent Williams but when Veach saw a realistic chance to get one of the best tackles in the game, Williams BECAME the plan.

Andy said Veach never stops looking for upgrades period. Every position all the time, he’s always looking.
[Reply]
O.city 08:46 AM 04-20-2021
The way Reid talked yesterday, Veach is totally opportunistic. In other words, the “plan” wasn’t Trent Williams but when Veach saw a realistic chance to get one of the best tackles in the game, Williams BECAME the plan.

Andy said Veach never stops looking for upgrades period. Every position all the time, he’s always looking.
Eh, thats fine to say. I dunno how much I believe Williams wasn't pretty heavily in the plans once Fisher went down as hard as they went after him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:49 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Eh, thats fine to say. I dunno how much I believe Williams wasn't pretty heavily in the plans once Fisher went down as hard as they went after him.
We don’t actually know how hard they tried. We know they gave him a contract offer. Williams never said how many times he talked to the Chiefs about counteroffers. He did talk profusely about how many times he talked to Shanahan. For all we know, Veach threw a big number at him even though Williams knew he was going back to San Francisco and there wasn’t all that much back and forth.
[Reply]
O.city 09:23 AM 04-20-2021
We don’t actually know how hard they tried. We know they gave him a contract offer. Williams never said how many times he talked to the Chiefs about counteroffers. He did talk profusely about how many times he talked to Shanahan. For all we know, Veach threw a big number at him even though Williams knew he was going back to San Francisco and there wasn’t all that much back and forth.
Offering him the highest paid LT contract in history would be trying pretty hard I'd think.

But either way, no sense crying over it.

If they could get good LT play out of Niang, that would be huge.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:23 AM 04-20-2021
Peter Schrager released his 2nd mock.

He has us taking Greg Newsome, CB.
[Reply]
In58men 09:35 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Peter Schrager released his 2nd mock.

He has us taking Greg Newsome, CB.
Not sure how I would feel about this knowing Terrance Marshall Jr would be there.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:29 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Not sure how I would feel about this knowing Terrance Marshall Jr would be there.

Bad. I would feel bad.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:34 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Newsome is a better prospect at CB than Marshall is at WR and that’s saying something because I think Marshall is an excellent prospect.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:37 AM 04-20-2021
Newsome is a better CB prospect than Marshall is at WR and that’s saying something because I think Marshall is an excellent prospect.
I think it’s going to depend on what type of CB they’re looking for. Do they want an outside CB or are they looking to move Snead outside and they’re looking for a NB.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 27
« First < 162223242526 27 >
Up