ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 44
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:34 AM 08-31-2022
I'm much more worried about the show paling in comparison to the LOTR movies and therefore being a huge disappointment as a result than any of the seemingly contrived criticism about wokeness for a show nobody has seen yet.

Either way, we'll find out soon enough what's going on. Early reviews today coming out are pretty good.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:55 AM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It'd be a complete non-issue if you weren't a complete pussy
The left made the rules.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:03 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I'm much more worried about the show paling in comparison to the LOTR movies
Have you gone back and watched the movies recently? I felt like i really enjoyed them when i was younger. Now....eh. Felt like they didn't age that well.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:05 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Have you gone back and watched the movies recently? I felt like i really enjoyed them when i was younger. Now....eh. Felt like they didn't age that well.
Watched them in the last few years. They're still great (at least for me).
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:06 PM 08-31-2022
Watched them in the last few years. They're still great (at least for me).
Maybe ive just seen them too many times. For me, it kinda lost some magic.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:12 PM 08-31-2022
"Seemingly contrived"

:-)

Amazon Studios literally has ridiculous diversity quotas.

Originally Posted by :
Higher roles on productions like directors, writers, and producers under Amazon Studios will need to meet a minimum of 30 percent of women and people within a marginalized racial or ethnic group. That number will rise to 50 percent by 2024. Casting an actor must match the identity of the character they will be playing.
The showrunners and Amazon themselves are essentially letting everybody know that the universe was too white for them (HOTD showrunners flat out said it themselves), and people are surprised that they get accused of being woke?

You can say it doesn't bother you, you can say you're tired of hearing people complain about it. What you can't do is pretend that it doesn't exist.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:40 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
"Seemingly contrived"

The showrunners and Amazon themselves are essentially letting everybody know that the universe was too white for them (HOTD showrunners flat out said it themselves), and people are surprised that they get accused of being woke?

You can say it doesn't bother you, you can say you're tired of hearing people complain about it. What you can't do is pretend that it doesn't exist.
Does this rule apply to all characters or is it still OK to have white characters played by minorities?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:50 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Does this rule apply to all characters or is it still OK to have white characters played by minorities?
My guess is that part is mostly about keeping a woman from playing a trans woman for example, hence "identity". Probably in response to the Scarlett Jo ordeal.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:11 PM 08-31-2022
"Seemingly contrived"

Why am I supposed to care about this? The only thing that matters to me (or should matter to anyone) is that the show is good. We haven no idea whether that is the case (or whether some diversity quota has any impact on it being good), so yes, anything before that is determined is completely contrived.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:15 PM 08-31-2022
I mean, it could very well be a woke disaster of a show on the level of Star Trek Discovery, but we have no indication on that for now. Nothing at all to go on either.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:22 PM 08-31-2022
Why am I supposed to care about this? The only thing that matters to me (or should matter to anyone) is that the show is good. We haven no idea whether that is the case (or whether some diversity quota has any impact on it being good), so yes, anything before that is determined is completely contrived.
Diversity doesn't matter. See Star Trek Strange New Worlds. Diverse AF. Great damn show.

Star Trek Discovery, diverse and woke. Sucks.

Wish people would wait for a show to actually air and see what's up before they start whining.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:23 PM 08-31-2022
I've also said that it being good all that matters to me, and despite multiple red flags, I am still cautiously optimistic that the red flags won't actually impact the show itself to the point that it sucks.

But to pretend there aren't any red flags, or it's just about a single thing like "a black elf" is either disingenuous or coming from people who are misinformed.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:26 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Diversity doesn't matter. See Star Trek Strange New Worlds. Diverse AF. Great damn show.

Star Trek Discovery, diverse and woke. Sucks.

Wish people would wait for a show to actually air and see what's up before they start whining.
I agree that whining about the show before it's even out is a bit much, and when you convince yourself enough that something is going to be terrible, it usually will be.

But we should be able to point out red flags, and instead of just throwing terms like "woke" around, I think it's a more productive discussion when you're specific.

Like I said, trying to possibly turn Galadriel into this warrior is a red flag for me in the terms of the shit outside the show affecting character/plot choices.

Hopefully the red flags stop at casting and lore changes, and the words of the cast/showrunners, and we get another great series.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:32 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Clay is a outstanding citizen, but Bleedingred is just misunderstood.
Lol Man, hell nah. BleedingRed is a huge, unapologetic racist.

I also want to point out that from fans, the complains go well beyond a black elf.

Making Galadriel a warrior is a perfect example of one of the other red flags.

It also doesn't help when the showrunners and Amazon themselves are using the diversity push as a huge selling point.
That is a major change and I hadn't even heard of that. Not one mention of it in this thread.. but there's been a lot of crying about black people.

I'm sure you can understand why I'd question some people's thought process.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:33 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Lol Man, hell nah. BleedingRed is a huge, unapologetic racist.

That is a major change and I hadn't even heard of that. Not one mention of it in this thread.. but there's been a lot of crying about black people.

I'm sure you can understand why I'd question some people's thought process.
I get it, which is why I try to come from a place of genuine concern as opposed to using emotionally charged language to express that, or jsut flat out troll like Clay.

There are scenes with Galadriel in full armor looking like she's going to battle in the trailers though FYI.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 44
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up