ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 61
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- How do you feel about Hardees?
Simply Red 11:42 AM 06-28-2016
How do you feel about Hardees?

Hot Ham and Cheese?

Breakfast?!

coupon here
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:37 PM 07-03-2016
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
The last time I went to Denny's, they pissed me off and I left because I got tired of waiting after 10 minutes for someone to take my order for take out. I would of sat down, but my wife was still fresh off a c-section.

The time before that I ate something that had mozzarella sticks inside a grilled cheese sandwich. It was a certain monstrosity.

While they pissed me off the last time, I'd still eat at the one off Metcalf if I were ever hungry when around there. The closest one to me, in Peculiar, is incredibly nasty.
As I mentioned, there's been a concerted effort to take Denny's to the next level in Hollywood.

The location I last visited has walnut floors, LED's elsewhere, larger booths, WiFi and great service. There's a $200 million dollar project going up across the the street with hundreds of millions more on the same block.

I won't say it's "typical" of a Denny's found elsewhere bit IME, it was well above satisfactory.
[Reply]
CanadianChiefs 10:38 PM 07-03-2016
Hmm Hamburgers are amazing, but being Canadian and only having been to the states 3-4 times, here are the fast food burger places I have been to. Although I don't eat fast food much, there are so many places I've wanted to try. Anyways:

Mcdonalds, Burger King, Harvey's, Wendy's, A&W. That is so pathetic. I've had real burgers from restaurants and such, but only 5 fast food places, ever.

Burger King closed down, so we only have the other 4. I would say the best for money when I've wanted fast food would be Mcdonalds. I'm cheap spending money on fast food, so 2 Mcdoubles for like $2.75 CAD does the trick. I like Harvey's but it seems that not many do, their burger is decent though. A&W is the best burger, but their lack of a value menu hurts a cheapo like me.

Quality of burger: A&W, Harveys, Wendys, Mcdonalds (val. menu burger)

Price for what you get: Mcdonalds, Wendys, Harvey's, A&W

Where will I drive through if starving and have stuff to do the rest of the day? Wendy's and usually get 2 junior bacon cheeseburgers.

Where will I go if I've been drinking or wanting to cheap out? McDonalds and get 2 mcdoubles. Throw in 2 more junior chickens if I'm feeling extra hungry.

All in all, it's fast food, I'm going to cheap out as much as possible if I can.

Cost of avg. trip, including medium drink:

Mcdonalds: $4

Wendys: $6.50

Harveys: $8.50

A&W: $10

I hope you enjoyed my meaty canadian take on these 4 fast food burger places. Thank you.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:39 PM 07-03-2016
Originally Posted by CanadianChiefs:

I hope you enjoyed my meaty canadian take on these 4 fast food burger places. Thank you.

you seem nice.
[Reply]
CanadianChiefs 10:40 PM 07-03-2016
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
you seem nice.
You seem nice eh guy
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:41 PM 07-03-2016
You seem nice eh guy
We got a Tim Hortons this year, eh.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:43 PM 07-03-2016
As far as fast food burgers go it is Five Guys or if you are in the DMV:

I miss that and gold rush chicken sandwich.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:54 PM 07-03-2016
Harveys: $8.50
Looks like a hamburger version of Subway.
[Reply]
CanadianChiefs 11:07 PM 07-03-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
We got a Tim Hortons this year, eh.
I'm not a mindless timmies defender, I mean it's pretty good in a pinch but their sandwiches got smaller and more expensive. Lame. And I'm not a fan of getting donuts for the heck of it, so meh.

Everyone raves about the coffee (especially the double-double). But it's like drinking pure cream and sugar. It's funny because Tim Hortons has so many people fooled. People think their extra large double double only has two sugars and two creams, when actually its more like 8 of BOTH.

However, their 1 milk 1 sugar medium is really good, best coffee I've ever had when it's a fresh pot.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:07 PM 07-03-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
With poutine!!
[Reply]
CanadianChiefs 11:13 PM 07-03-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Exactly. And honestly I used to love Subway, until about 3-4 years ago when a girl I was seeing worked there and gave me a free sub once a week or so for like 6 weeks straight. While I enjoyed it, I stopped eating it for like a year after that and went back and its just...not good at all. I hear many of the ingredients are saved at the end of the night often for use the next day, even lettuce and other stuff that had been open and sitting all day.

It's went downhill for sure, but I can't imagine Subway now in the States. 5 years ago I was at the university of Delaware and had been drinking/ partying with students on a Saturday. I was surprised at how cheap the alcohol was compared to Ontario. Anyway, I got a cold-cut combo and about an hour later was vomiting in some random girls bathroom sink. The vomit was a mix of keystone light or something cheaply american like that, and that cold cut combo. The moral of the story though, is that I clogged the sink and snuck out. They probably tell tales of the white Canadian kid who clogged the sink and never returned.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:16 PM 07-03-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
With poutine!!

I would eat poutine.
[Reply]
CanadianChiefs 11:19 PM 07-03-2016
Adding to my previous post, I want to conduct an experiment. I was so sick and I know it was the cold-cut combo. But I'm thinking there is more to it. A year ago on a road trip, a friend was like death in the morning, he thought he was hungover so I asked him how much he drank. He said 4 ciders (lol the fruity girly ones), but that isn't enough to get hungover for him.

So i asked him what he ate that night. He said he stopped at Subway. I was so excited at this point. I KNEW what he ordered before he told me. "THE COLD CUT COMBO!" I exclaimed. And yup, it was the cold cut combo.

So I present a little experiment to gather more info. Drink 4 beers or equivalent liquor of choice, and eat a cold cut combo sub from Subway. I bet you get that stomach pain where you don't know what end it's gonna come out first, but you know you're gonna explode.

Thanks for your help.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:19 PM 07-03-2016
Exactly. And honestly I used to love Subway, until about 3-4 years ago when a girl I was seeing worked there and gave me a free sub once a week or so for like 6 weeks straight. While I enjoyed it, I stopped eating it for like a year after that and went back and its just...not good at all. I hear many of the ingredients are saved at the end of the night often for use the next day, even lettuce and other stuff that had been open and sitting all day.

It's went downhill for sure, but I can't imagine Subway now in the States. 5 years ago I was at the university of Delaware and had been drinking/ partying with students on a Saturday. I was surprised at how cheap the alcohol was compared to Ontario. Anyway, I got a cold-cut combo and about an hour later was vomiting in some random girls bathroom sink. The vomit was a mix of keystone light or something cheaply american like that, and that cold cut combo. The moral of the story though, is that I clogged the sink and snuck out. They probably tell tales of the white Canadian kid who clogged the sink and never returned.
Subway has been very hit-or-miss for me. I live in a dinky little town with about 7k people. Oddly enough we have two Subways. It's weird. Anyway, one of them is decent and my family has eaten there somewhat regularly. The other one is horrible and I won't go. And that's in the same little dink ass town.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:22 PM 07-03-2016
Adding to my previous post, I want to conduct an experiment. I was so sick and I know it was the cold-cut combo. But I'm thinking there is more to it. A year ago on a road trip, a friend was like death in the morning, he thought he was hungover so I asked him how much he drank. He said 4 ciders (lol the fruity girly ones), but that isn't enough to get hungover for him.

So i asked him what he ate that night. He said he stopped at Subway. I was so excited at this point. I KNEW what he ordered before he told me. "THE COLD CUT COMBO!" I exclaimed. And yup, it was the cold cut combo.

So I present a little experiment to gather more info. Drink 4 beers or equivalent liquor of choice, and eat a cold cut combo sub from Subway. I bet you get that stomach pain where you don't know what end it's gonna come out first, but you know you're gonna explode.

Thanks for your help.
I don't know. I never get the cold cut combo. I usually go with the spicy Italian. Nine grain, pepper jack, sweet onion and chipotle, all of the toppings, vinegar and oil, toasted.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:23 PM 07-03-2016
Waffle House.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 23 of 61
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up