ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the LA Chargers ( Week 3)
lcarus 06:44 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by PHOG:
And yet, we had 2 INT's (1 a pick 6), a fumble recovery, and actually forced them to punt a couple times. :-)

Although it didn't seem like it.
What killed them was the drive where they had a 2nd and 23 or whatever it was and then didn't know who to cover on 3 straight plays that gave them an easy TD. It was all downhill from there.

Also the drive where they sacked Lamar but they called a ridiculous illegal contact on Mathieu. They called it again too. I guess they just hated Mathieu because both were absurd.
[Reply]
Redbled 07:46 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by PHOG:
And yet, we had 2 INT's (1 a pick 6), a fumble recovery, and actually forced them to punt a couple times. :-)

Although it didn't seem like it.
We had the ball twice with an 11 point lead and could have put them away. Our offense needs to improve too and part of that was wasting first downs running for 2 yards over and over.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:45 PM 09-23-2021
The positives of the slow start for the defense is that our offense gets to work and feel the urgency...

And Mahomes gets a chance at another MVP.

Of course we need to get things corrected on D or we are another version of the 2018 team. Which despite its flaws was good enough to win a Super Bowl if you know who doesn't line up offsides.
[Reply]
Redbled 07:53 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The positives of the slow start for the defense is that our offense gets to work and feel the urgency...

And Mahomes gets a chance at another MVP.

Of course we need to get things corrected on D or we are another version of the 2018 team. Which despite its flaws was good enough to win a Super Bowl if you know who doesn't line up offsides.
It’s interesting you say that. A couple times this year already I’ve seen opponents lined up right where Dee was. No call of course.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:07 PM 09-23-2021
Can our defense get any worse? Surely we've hit bottom.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:08 AM 09-24-2021
Rename this thread to "Still pissing and moaning about the Ravens loss". Thank you.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:44 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Rename this thread to "Still pissing and moaning about the Ravens loss". Thank you.
Might as well. This was a bad loss... worst kind of loss, really: a game we had well in hand but blew it through piss poor execution across the board.

That one is going to sting for a long time. It could fuck up home field advantage; if these guys don't turn this shit around fast (learn how to stop the run, go for the jugular with a healthy lead & put these fucking teams away, establish a consistent running attack OR realize we don't have the horses for that style of play) expect to see this thread back at the top of the forum.
[Reply]
Tonka83 09:58 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Might as well. This was a bad loss... worst kind of loss, really: a game we had well in hand but blew it through piss poor execution across the board.

That one is going to sting for a long time. It could fuck up home field advantage; if these guys don't turn this shit around fast (learn how to stop the run, go for the jugular with a healthy lead & put these fucking teams away, establish a consistent running attack OR realize we don't have the horses for that style of play) expect to see this thread back at the top of the forum.

Agreed. It's not the loss as much as it is the way we lost. I seriously had flashbacks of the Bob Sutton era watching that game. A lot of frustration mixed with alcohol and a bit of PTSD last Sunday night and I'm still salty about it. A couple of good solid showings from this Defense will put it to rest I'm sure. The question is, do we get a couple of good solid showings?
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:46 PM 09-24-2021
With gambling being embedded into the NFL out in the open...I'm starting to watch money lines on Chiefs games. By "money lines", I mean where the majority of betters are putting their cash...and see if there is correlation to how games are officiated and ebb-n-flow from the coaching staffs.

Some games you see a ton of flags and sometimes, very few....

So from the below chart, 85% of all cash is on the game being above 54.5 points.

So if the final score is 30-24...Vegas makes a killing. This site is saying take the under.

72% has KC winning by more than 7 points...so again a 30-24 score, Vegas cleans up. This site is saying to pick the Chiefs to beat the Chargers by more than 7...which goes against the money line.

Chargers winning obviously negates the spread all together...

The negative money line (Vegas) dictates this will be a close, average scoring game

I'm going to keep a mock tally...if I bet 100% on whichever side has the least amount of money on it. See how it averages out.

[Reply]
listopencil 11:14 PM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
With gambling being embedded into the NFL out in the open...I'm starting to watch money lines on Chiefs games. By "money lines", I mean where the majority of betters are putting their cash...and see if there is correlation to how games are officiated and ebb-n-flow from the coaching staffs.

So from the below chart, 85% of all cash is on the game being above 54.5 points.

So if the final score is 30-24...Vegas makes a killing. This site is saying take the under.

72% has KC winning by more than 7 points...so again a 30-24 score, Vegas cleans up. This site is saying to pick the Chiefs to beat the Chargers by more than 7...which goes against the money line.

The negative money line (Vegas) dictates this will be a close, average scoring game

I'm going to keep a mock tally...if I bet 100% on whichever side has the least amount of money on it. See how it averages out.

OK. Now, that sounds interesting and fun. I hope you'll do this for all of your games for the season.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:08 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

So I mock dropped $100 on both unders..which is essentially the Vegas/house line..

This fictitious pay out was +115...so I now have $430.00.

Did anyone notice the Chargers late TD called back on a ticky tack? It shed 4 points off the 54.5 final line which resulted in Vegas cashing in on the 85% down on the over.

The 4th down PI secured the 72% Chiefs 7 point spread..

Remember the late negated 2 point conversion in the Ravens game..for illegal man down field on a 2 yard play? That also protected the spread..
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:13 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:

That one is going to sting for a long time. It could **** up home field advantage; if these guys don't turn this shit around fast (learn how to stop the run, go for the jugular with a healthy lead & put these ****ing teams away, establish a consistent running attack OR realize we don't have the horses for that style of play) expect to see this thread back at the top of the forum.
Understood, but this is a whole other thread. There are many threads for bitching about week 2. Just sayin.
[Reply]
TLO 09:35 AM 09-24-2021
I think the defense is going to look better this week. Significantly better. Will be happy to eat cross if I'm wrong.
[Reply]
TEX 01:55 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I think the defense is going to look better this week. Significantly better. Will be happy to eat cross if I'm wrong.
Why? Because they can't be any worse? :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:57 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Why? Because they can't be any worse? :-)
You guys act like playing the Ravens offense is like playing a typical NFL team.

You also act like this is normal for the defense, its not. There is no reason the defense should take a large step back this year and plenty of reason to believe it will be better than the last 2 years before the season is over.

Then again you guys act like teams are typically the same the first quarter of the season as they are the last which is demonstrably false year in and year out.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Up