ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 213 of 240
« First < 113163203209210211212213 214215216217223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 01:50 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
That post shouldn't be re-read by anyone, ever. But we need a point of reference, so . . .

:-):-):-):-)
Even worse would be to re-read your posts in the mccoy thread. Good thing Andy is a lot smarter than you and refused to give mccoy the chance to fumble away our super bowl with his horrible ball-handling.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:01 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
Even worse would be to re-read your posts in the mccoy thread. Good thing Andy is a lot smarter than you and refused to give mccoy the chance to fumble away our super bowl with his horrible ball-handling.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:12 PM 02-07-2020
Good point. People acted like I was an Andy-hater just b/c I pointed out some flaws with him even though I qualified it by saying i still thought he was a good coach and that we would still win the super bowl.

Well, he still has flaws. Even in the super bowl, it took him way too long to adjust and for the first 3 quarters, he allowed the SF defense to dictate his game plan, choosing to try to dink and dunk b/c the defense was getting pressure. Luckily, he finally trusted mahomes to move around and beat the pressure to be able to take some deeper shots and it worked out great.

Hopefully, andy learned from this and will trust mahomes from the start and not get scared and let the D dictate his plan. It took a while, but I'm very encouraged by the adjustments Andy made - the going for it on the 4th and shorts and finally trusting mahomes to be mahomes. This wouldn't happen pre-mahomes.

We used to talk about Alex smith saying that he was psychologically shell-shocked from the all the pressure and hits he took early in his career and that's why he played scared. It's almost like Andy was psychologically messed up from dealing with crap like mcnabb and smith most of his career and he coached scared b/c of it. Let's not also overlook that this is andy's own fault for sticking with mediocre QBs for so long despite knowing their limitations and even protecting them by calling the game conservatively.

This may have been a bigger problem over his career than his game/clock management if it turns out that the reason for the lousy management was b/c he had loser QBs who were incapable of running an offense with proper timing. If you have a limited QB and need to score quickly, I still don't think the answer is to go on a long-time consuming drive - I'd rather coach the limited QB to throw the ball downfield and risk a turnover b/c if you take that long to score, you're going to lose anyway. If andy would have done this and exposed those limited QBs for the losers they were instead of protecting them by calling the game conservatively, then he may have found a decent QB a while ago. There's also the small chance the loser QBs would have come through for him.

The good news is that it looks like those days are behind us and andy can be a much better coach than he used to be. It looks like mahomes has worked his magic on andy and Im looking forward to them both continuing to get better and win more bowls.
Too long to adjust? WTF are you talking about? Did you actually watch the game?
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:15 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
We won the Super Bowl. At this point, I'm just going to read these things and just laugh.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:23 PM 02-07-2020
We won the Super Bowl. At this point, I'm just going to read these things and just laugh.
No one with a functioning brain could watch that game and come to that conclusion. No. One.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:26 PM 02-07-2020
No one with a functioning brain could watch that game and come to that conclusion. No. One.
Obviously at least one. Tin foil hat wearing, chem trail fearing, "muh clock management" yipping, guy.

The sad thing is that he actually isn't alone. We've got several pinheads on here that probably had the same exact take while watching the game.

They just haven't outed themselves since we won.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:06 PM 02-07-2020
Obviously at least one. Tin foil hat wearing, chem trail fearing, "muh clock management" yipping, guy.

The sad thing is that he actually isn't alone. We've got several pinheads on here that probably had the same exact take while watching the game.

They just haven't outed themselves since we won.
I wasn't online, but I was at a party of about 50, and I was as calm as can be about the offense. My apprehension was if they D had peaked enough to gives us the chances.

Mahomes [nor Reid] were choking or underperforming even early-on. They were poking and prodding one of the best-planned obstacles they or anyone faced in a long time in the league. Part of the big plays late was the necessary prep to scout the gameday tendencies AND tiring the opposition sufficient to stress those tendencies.

I had faith that, after the 2nd INT, the TDs would come. The question was how many opportunities in how much time would the D be able to afford them.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:27 PM 02-07-2020
The really sad thing is that if somehow Hill had dropped the pass on 3rd and 15, the Chiefs would’ve lost and some of you would still really think Andy Reid is a terrible head coach.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:30 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The really sad thing is that if somehow Hill had dropped the pass on 3rd and 15, the Chiefs would’ve lost and some of you would still really think Andy Reid is a terrible head coach.
^^^^^
So much this.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:45 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Rabble and webcrawler would be first in line.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:52 PM 02-07-2020
Rabble and webcrawler would be first in line.
Nope. Rabble saw the errors of his ways at the Texans game. I was there to witness his Reidian exorcism firsthand. He was a believer after that game. And while it may have take him too long to recognize Andy’s brilliance, he wasn’t one of the morons who clung to the narrative that the guy is a bad coach if he fails to win a SB this year.

I dismiss charges against Rabble.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 04:55 PM 02-07-2020
I'm talking about how earlier in the game, on a 3rd and 14, they try a WR screen whereas later, on 3rd and 15, they bomb it down the field. I'm talking about stuff like the downfield pass to watkins which wasn't something they tried to do earlier. I'm talking about running the ball on 2nd and longs early on which pretty much went away late in the game. I'm talking about how the reporter after halftime said she talked to reid and how he told her that the D was taking away deep stuff so he had to resort to shorter stuff than usual, which is an acknowledgement that he allowed the D to dictate his plan. I'm talking about how our offense's strength is the speed and ability to stretch the field, which andy allowed to be neutralized for the 1st 3 quarters but then finally unleashed it. I feel like I shouldn't have to point this obvious stuff out if YOU actually watched the game.

I think baby lee's point is fair in that it takes some probing to figure out how to get to the optimal calls - i just think it took a little too long - we were very close to running out of chances. Hopefully next time, Andy learns from this and unleashes mahomes sooner and let's jhim play to his strengths, which is not primarily dinking and dunking. I'm optimistic and think he will get better.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:23 PM 02-07-2020
I'm talking about how earlier in the game, on a 3rd and 14, they try a WR screen whereas later, on 3rd and 15, they bomb it down the field. I'm talking about stuff like the downfield pass to watkins which wasn't something they tried to do earlier. I'm talking about running the ball on 2nd and longs early on which pretty much went away late in the game. I'm talking about how the reporter after halftime said she talked to reid and how he told her that the D was taking away deep stuff so he had to resort to shorter stuff than usual, which is an acknowledgement that he allowed the D to dictate his plan. I'm talking about how our offense's strength is the speed and ability to stretch the field, which andy allowed to be neutralized for the 1st 3 quarters but then finally unleashed it. I feel like I shouldn't have to point this obvious stuff out if YOU actually watched the game.

I think baby lee's point is fair in that it takes some probing to figure out how to get to the optimal calls - i just think it took a little too long - we were very close to running out of chances. Hopefully next time, Andy learns from this and unleashes mahomes sooner and let's jhim play to his strengths, which is not primarily dinking and dunking. I'm optimistic and think he will get better.
:-) nononono . . .
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:30 PM 02-07-2020

Nope. This is wrong.

I know you think you're right. But Naaaaah. You're wrong.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:10 PM 02-07-2020

:-)
[Reply]
Page 213 of 240
« First < 113163203209210211212213 214215216217223 > Last »
Up