ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1656 of 3903
« First < 656115615561606164616521653165416551656 165716581659166016661706175621562656 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:53 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I did a little bit of mowing, can't do much nowadays. Then supervised my grandsons' first time mowing a yard. He'll be an expert mower in a month or two.:-)
Let me guess. You paid him a dollar.:-)
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:53 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
And some of us are even willing to pay a few bucks per month to skip the 5 second commercials on YouTube.

I don't know the last time I watched a commercial.
I'm to the point where I watch enough on there that I really should pry open my wallet and pay for it.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 08:56 PM 04-26-2020
I just drove from my brother's house in Independence to my house in Brookside, via the route I would take from the stadium, down past the shriners temple, then past L.C.'s. Right when I got off 435 there were at least 100 cars all driving in groups very unsafely, blocking traffic making unscheduled uturns, crashing into each other. I saw at least 5 accidents, only three cop cars total and at least 500 cars cruising, blocking intersections, driving into parking lots all the way to 71. The smell of gunpowder was in the air. The virus has hit the African American community hardest of all and they are justifiably angry. I just hope that protests like this stop because this particular protest put my life in danger and I had to use some pretty extreme maneuvers to get myself to safety. I get the frustration and understand everyones predicament but getting in your cars and wrecking into each other so insurance companies get to charge all of us more is not a path to social change. Never has been, never will be.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:59 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Let me guess. You paid him a dollar.:-)
$5 :-)

He used my mower, my gas, and got an education.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:01 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
I just drove from my brother's house in Independence to my house in Brookside, via the route I would take from the stadium, down past the shriners temple, then past L.C.'s. Right when I got off 435 there were at least 100 cars all driving in groups very unsafely, blocking traffic making unscheduled uturns, crashing into each other. I saw at least 5 accidents, only three cop cars total and at least 500 cars cruising, blocking intersections, driving into parking lots all the way to 71. The smell of gunpowder was in the air. The virus has hit the African American community hardest of all and they are justifiably angry. I just hope that protests like this stop because this particular protest put my life in danger and I had to use some pretty extreme maneuvers to get myself to safety. I get the frustration and understand everyones predicament but getting in your cars and wrecking into each other so insurance companies get to charge all of us more is not a path to social change. Never has been, never will be.
WTF? I had no idea shit like this was going on anywhere.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:11 PM 04-26-2020

LOL .... WUT?? :-)
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:14 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
$5 :-)

He used my mower, my gas, and got an education.
:-)
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 09:16 PM 04-26-2020
Everyone needs to grow the fuck up and act like adults, this virus is a real thing, you don't want to get it. If you get it and get an initial exposure that features enough of the virus that it overwhelms your immune system in days 4-10 you will almost die or die. It's more infectious and deadly than most because of the asymptomatic transmission factor and what at this point looks like a limited immunity from reinfection at best. It's not going to go away unless we make it go away. The best way to do that is to stay the fuck home and study the fuck up on how to live with this. People who have no money and are being affected more by this need to be protected more. The economy will shrink, as will our population, birth rate, gdp and everything else. We are all going to have to be more humble, live with less, be more patient and kind. It's a huge bag of dicks to swallow for a lot of people, I get it. But with this one, we are all going to have to eat a huge bag of dicks. Fuck the politics, nobody deserves to die of this shit, alone, without your family there not able to breathe.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:19 PM 04-26-2020
:-)
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 09:21 PM 04-26-2020
And yes there was mass cruising on Eastwood -> the plaza tonight that rivaled Noland road back in the day. Main difference - nobody was following any kind of rules of the road.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:23 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I drank a bunch of Budweiser and cut and burned brush all afternoon, then pulled weeds outta my garden (my peas and corn is sprouting nicely, cucumbers and squash slowly but surely) then figured out how I’m gonna build fence to be able to keep a few cows.

If you guys have a chance, get outside and do something it helps
I hit a small bucket of balls today, and it tired me out. But damn it was fun to flush a few.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:34 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I drank a bunch of Budweiser and cut and burned brush all afternoon, then pulled weeds outta my garden (my peas and corn is sprouting nicely, cucumbers and squash slowly but surely) then figured out how I’m gonna build fence to be able to keep a few cows.

If you guys have a chance, get outside and do something it helps
Oh yeah. I get outside a little every day but Sundays are my biggest outdoors day. The Mrs and I walked a 5K this morning, then I worked in the front “yard”(rocks with mixed in desert plants)for an hour. Then I took my 11 year old on a nature walk through a series of man made little lakes by our neighborhood. Got home, hung around, ate and capped it off with the Mrs and I doing an early evening 1.5 mile walk.

Today was a good day. My wife is in an outstanding mood so I may get a little more exercise before this one is all said and done. ��
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:01 PM 04-26-2020
I put my hoes back on the streets tonight.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:05 PM 04-26-2020
Like black people carry car insurance
[Reply]
jdubya 10:13 PM 04-26-2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNTH...e6s50CvtQLVwsM
[Reply]
Page 1656 of 3903
« First < 656115615561606164616521653165416551656 165716581659166016661706175621562656 > Last »
Up