ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2569 of 2694
« First < 1569206924692519255925652566256725682569 2570257125722573257926192669 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Pinchshot 10:09 AM 12-04-2023
Pat needs MOAR commercials
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:12 AM 12-04-2023
Its just been a shitty year for Mahomes by Mahomes' standards.

But its hard to pinpoint the blame on just one thing. Is it the WRs? Is it the WR coach's? Is it Nagy? Is it Mahomes? I feel like it's a bit of everything. Just a kind of a crappy year offensively when our PPG is down a full touchdown.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:07 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Its just been a shitty year for Mahomes by Mahomes' standards.

But its hard to pinpoint the blame on just one thing. Is it the WRs? Is it the WR coach's? Is it Nagy? Is it Mahomes? I feel like it's a bit of everything. Just a kind of a crappy year offensively when our PPG is down a full touchdown.
It's not even about the total points scored.

I see two major issues:

1) The brownouts that last entire halves. Man those are hard to stomach.

2) The inability to get back ahead of the sticks when you have a bad play. In the past - 1st and 20? 2nd and 15? Pft - who gives a shit? Now, when we have a penalty, the drive is damn near dead. We just can't battle back ahead of the sticks nearly as well as we could in the past.

We showed some glimpses of life in that regard over the past two weeks but that brings us back to 1 - we only see those glimpes intermittently. And then we go back into brownout mode where the offense is just pulling teeth out there.

There really can't be a single cause for all that. Seems likes its an accumulation of factors.
[Reply]
irafreak 11:30 AM 12-04-2023
I think another good receiver fixes the issues. They're using rice more and calling better run plays at better times. The offense looks a little more potent. Just give mahomes 1 more weapon next year.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:41 AM 12-04-2023
McKinnon as the safety value is bigger issue that is being over looked.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:41 AM 12-04-2023
QB needs to be better. There’s no escaping that reality.

We can’t have Pat getting outplayed by the Zach Wilsons and Jordan Loves of the world.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:42 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

We can’t have Pat getting outplayed by the Zach Wilsons and Jordan Loves of the world.
To be fair our defense made Jordan Love look like Brett ****ing Favre last night.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:51 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
The Dback was over the top. The only legitimate excuse is Mahomes didn't see him. If he did he should have thrown the back shoulder or not thrown it at all. You can still hate Sky, but that throw was an awful decision.
The play really is a microcosm of everything going wrong about the offense this year. Let’s break it down order of operations style.

1. Patrick. Our franchise QB made a throw he wouldn’t have made in the second half of the 2022 season. We needed him to be perfect to win the Super Bowl last year. He was perfect. Being the MVP is a difficult standard to maintain but he hasn’t been there this year.

2. Personnel. The coaching staff continues to trot out Skyy Moore despite him continually having 1-2 targets per 40-50 plays out on the field. Furthermore, Mahomes has thrown 22 picks in the Skyy Moore era, six have come when he targets Skyy. If this were baseball, we’d be shredding the manager and GM for continuing to trot out a closer who is blowing games in the ninth, our coaching staff and GM deserve equal scrutiny for continuing to lean on Skyy.

3. Skyy. Timid on his route, slow to hit his spot, not on the same page with Patrick down the field. Eventually this story becomes an indictment on the receiver just like it is for MVS, who also was never on the same page with Aaron Rodgers

4. Playcalling. Pop was shredding Green Bay last night. He got 1 carry in the 4th quarter. C’mon Andy.

5. Scheme. Patrick’s play change was picked up at the line and directly led to the Int. Andy and Nagy said they had fixed these issues with their self scouting over the bye week… this does not seem to have happened and is an indictment on our present scheme.

So you add that all together? And yeah, you get a dumpster fire of a play from the offense.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:53 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I see two major issues:

2) The inability to get back ahead of the sticks when you have a bad play. In the past - 1st and 20? 2nd and 15? Pft - who gives a shit? Now, when we have a penalty, the drive is damn near dead. We just can't battle back ahead of the sticks nearly as well as we could in the past.

We showed some glimpses of life in that regard over the past two weeks but that brings us back to 1 - we only see those glimpes intermittently. And then we go back into brownout mode where the offense is just pulling teeth out there.

There really can't be a single cause for all that. Seems likes its an accumulation of factors.
Are defenses keying in on our offense being focused around the short - intermediate game? Last year it seemed like we could operate in that area with ease. Guys were just wide the fuck open. But this year it seems like defenses are all over it. The deep threat just isnt being respected because we dont capitalize on it enough to keep defenses further back. Theyll let us take that shot and just man us up at the line and make life difficult for our already struggling WRs.

I don't think it was a bad thing that we became more surgical last year, but I think defenses have figured that out and we don't have any new wrinkles to keep them honest.

Or maybe I'm just crazy, idk.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:58 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

If that's what you think happened in either of those games, you have no idea what you're actually watching.
[Reply]
Molitoth 12:05 PM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Are defenses keying in on our offense being focused around the short - intermediate game? Last year it seemed like we could operate in that area with ease. Guys were just wide the fuck open. But this year it seems like defenses are all over it. The deep threat just isnt being respected because we dont capitalize on it enough to keep defenses further back. Theyll let us take that shot and just man us up at the line and make life difficult for our already struggling WRs.

I don't think it was a bad thing that we became more surgical last year, but I think defenses have figured that out and we don't have any new wrinkles to keep them honest.

Or maybe I'm just crazy, idk.
Naw, you have it right. I'm an idiot, and if I were to game plan defense against the Chiefs, I'd defend midfield and force the Chiefs to try and beat me with the deep ball. Because no WR on this team has proven they are worth a deep shit.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:12 PM 12-04-2023

They are getting complacent. You constantly need to change and improve in the NFL or you fall behind.

Keisean Nixon (GB Corner)on his late INT:

“We were watching mannerism tape earlier in the week and (Mahomes) tapped his knee and they put two off the ball and I'm like, 'Oh, I've seen this before.' I knew he was gonna run it and he ran it.”

I coached little league baseball for years. I changed the signals every game. If little leaguers can handle it, surely grown ass men can.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:30 PM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
If that's what you think happened in either of those games, you have no idea what you're actually watching.
Right. Mahomes is perfect and does no wrong. Sorry, I forgot.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:15 PM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
You're nut hugging of players is unmatched. LeBron and Mahomes are just completely untouchable in your mind. They never make mistakes and can never have a shred of criticism.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:19 PM 12-04-2023

I see two major issues:

-Mahomes not playing like the Mahomes we all know and expect
-Poor situational play calling
-Poor execution and decision making
-Lack of commitment to your most talented players on offense
-Easily the most undisciplined team of the Mahomes era
[Reply]
Page 2569 of 2694
« First < 1569206924692519255925652566256725682569 2570257125722573257926192669 > Last »
Up