ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 173
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
srvy 01:36 PM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
Ed,
What is your blood type? Would it help if some of us donate blood ear-marked for you?
Ewwwwww blood from someone on CP thats more like a transfusion of alcohol and God knows what else. :-)
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 02:44 PM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I am and thanks for the support. I'm trying to get my strength and courage up for my surgery on August 12th.
I'll keep you in thought. I will probably be having surgery sometime next month, myself. :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:37 PM 07-24-2015
Yes it is indeed! And some of the girls over there, I was not quite sure if they were wearing skirts or belts! Whatever they had on didn't have a whole lot of material. :-)

And they are much more approachable.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:46 PM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
Ed,
What is your blood type? Would it help if some of us donate blood ear-marked for you?
I can't recall if it is O negative or positive, but it shouldn't be a problem. The surgeon is going in with laparoscopic surgery to remove 10 cm of my colon. Thanks for the offer, but I doubt it would be needed.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:47 PM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
And they are much more approachable.
Yes and no... some of them remind me of American women with accents.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:48 PM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
I'll keep you in thought. I will probably be having surgery sometime next month, myself. :-)
They are going into your noggin again, right? Prayers for you, too!
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 03:54 PM 07-24-2015
They are going into your noggin again, right? Prayers for you, too!
Thank you. Yeah, I'm meeting with a surgeon on the 3rd at Ohio State University hospital.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:42 PM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
Thank you. Yeah, I'm meeting with a surgeon on the 3rd at Ohio State University hospital.
Best of luck to both of you. Surgery, even orthroscopic has some risk. Just do what the doctors say and keep kicking ass.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 10:46 PM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
Ed, given your remarkable attitude, I doubt that surgery sets you back one whit. Heck, you'll probably be chainsawing something a couple of days afterwards! Keep kickin' butt!!!
I'd be surprised if they didn't just give Ed a local, have the surgeon go in laproscopically, teasing out that 10cm of colon, and then having Ed whack it off with a chainsaw himself.

He's a manly man.

Best of luck! Prayers are with you.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 11:14 PM 07-24-2015
Praying for both of you, Ed and Dave. Keep fighting and stay strong!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:40 PM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
I'd be surprised if they didn't just give Ed a local, have the surgeon go in laproscopically, teasing out that 10cm of colon, and then having Ed whack it off with a chainsaw himself.

He's a manly man.

Best of luck! Prayers are with you.
Ha! That would be the day. I want to be knocked the F OUT! The rough part is going to be getting out of bed the first time after surgery. They're going to be on my back about getting up and hobbling about. I'm not looking forward to being in the hospital from 5 to 7 days with all the interruptions around the clock, crappy food, and uncomfortable bed. It will take me a week to recover just from being there, not the surgery itself!
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:21 AM 07-25-2015
Hey, Ed! Thinking about you as we travel thru Europe. Spent the last week between Paris and London. Sitting at Heathrow now waiting on our flight to Cork, Ireland. Really pumped about this leg of our trip.

Hope you are doing well!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:48 AM 07-25-2015
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Hey, Ed! Thinking about you as we travel thru Europe. Spent the last week between Paris and London. Sitting at Heathrow now waiting on our flight to Cork, Ireland. Really pumped about this leg of our trip.

Hope you are doing well!
I am sure you are having a great time. I hope you don't have any delays getting out of good old Eefrow Airport! If you need to practice your Irish accent, just warm up by saying the words WHALE, then OIL, then BEEF, and then HOOKED. Say them together out loud and you will be ready for Ireland.

I'm not doing too poorly, all things considered. My colon cancer has been keeping me in the house for the past two days and it may keep me from attending the Royals game tonight. I can't stand in line waiting for the can because colon cancer doesn't care if thousands of people see me crap myself or not.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:26 PM 07-28-2015
I go in for an anesthetic test tomorrow and as far as I know, I won't see any docs again prior to my surgery. I missed out on the Royals game last Saturday, but my dad is going to buy tickets for the 10th of August for my brother and me. My brother is coming to stay with me for a couple of weeks or longer if I need it.

I am sure they will stick me with a needle or three tomorrow. In the past year, I have had more needles poked into me than I have my entire life prior to this combined. I still hate the damned things.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 09:40 PM 07-28-2015
I go in for an anesthetic test tomorrow and as far as I know, I won't see any docs again prior to my surgery. I missed out on the Royals game last Saturday, but my dad is going to buy tickets for the 10th of August for my brother and me. My brother is coming to stay with me for a couple of weeks or longer if I need it.

I am sure they will stick me with a needle or three tomorrow. In the past year, I have had more needles poked into me than I have my entire life prior to this combined. I still hate the damned things.
It's great to have family around.

Your needle comments crack me up because I looked like a junkie last year.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 173
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up