Nzoner's Game Room>Bitcoin Take?
ChiefRocka 11:41 AM 02-15-2013
Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

[Reply]
lewdog 08:05 PM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Opened it Nov of 2019. I only have one other portfolio with money in it, a Webull account opened in March. I put $5k into it, had it as high as $6200 at one point but now it's currently down $295. My Fidelity account lifetime RoR was well over 70% but it's been hammered as well the last couple months.
I might double post this to the investing thread because all I am trying to do with you is provide you and others with actual education on these topics.

I won't downplay that your return is actually quite good and impressive.

But it goes back to a point I've made to you before. You've only ever invested in a strong bull market and for a very short period of time. Over a lifetime of investing, people are happy to average 8% total returns. The S&P lifetime return is 9.6%. This market you are investing in is not normal and will not continue.

After the dot.com crash there was 10 years of poor stock returns in which investors labeled this time period, "the lost decade." I'll give you one clue why. The S&P returned -2% for this entire 10 year period. "This is a reminder to investors that large U.S. stocks can go long periods of time without generating any gains."

https://www.pattonfunds.com/remember...%20any%20gains.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:21 PM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I might double post this to the investing thread because all I am trying to do with you is provide you and others with actual education on these topics.

I won't downplay that your return is actually quite good and impressive.

But it goes back to a point I've made to you before. You've only ever invested in a strong bull market and for a very short period of time. Over a lifetime of investing, people are happy to average 8% total returns. The S&P lifetime return is 9.6%. This market you are investing in is not normal and will not continue.

After the dot.com crash there was 10 years of poor stock returns in which investors labeled this time period, "the lost decade." I'll give you one clue why. The S&P returned -2% for this entire 10 year period. "This is a reminder to investors that large U.S. stocks can go long periods of time without generating any gains."

https://www.pattonfunds.com/remember...%20any%20gains.
Lew, how old are you? Serious question. Saw you mention you thought you were the same age as Bill in another thread and I either thought he was way younger than he is or you’re way older than you are.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:11 PM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Oh god safemoon just released a video about their wallet with a card you can pay with and on the screen where you pay it said aprooval. Great makes me feel really good
Interesting. Link?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:34 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Interesting. Link?
https://www.reddit.com/r/SafeMoon/co...m_source=share

It was part of there twitch ama stream
[Reply]
BossChief 12:58 AM 05-17-2021
So, to go from 10k up to about 64k is a massive bull run and it seems it’s in a major correction currently.

The first stage of the run took it from 10 to 42k in the blink of an eye before it corrected down to 29k. So a 32k bull run corrected to a 19k overall run...with roughly a correction to 60%.

Then, it ran up to 57k and corrected down to 44k. So a 28k run that corrected down to a 15k one -which without having exact numbers- was roughly a correction to 55% of the bull run.

It made the next run to a peak of roughly 64k. A 20k run.

If a trend in the chart is to be expected to continue the current bull run, it would have corrected down to between 50-60% of the last leg.

The fact it’s corrected 100% of the last leg seems to indicate to a novice investor that it’s possibly having a MAJOR correction from the beginning of the whole run from 10k to 64k.

So a healthy correction for that big of a run would be roughly 60% of that 54k run, right?

Meaning it could be in a healthy correction stage right now that could drop the price to 42.5k before resuming its current bull run with a next target of somewhere close to 84k.

That’s some simple data indicating it could be very very advantageous to buy at the current levels if you truly believe in the tech long term...
[Reply]
Wilsonsok 01:56 AM 05-17-2021
If you've invested money you can afford to lose you can decide what risk works best for you. Personally missing out on gains pains me more than seeing my potential gains disappear, so I'm only taking profits when I hit what for me would be life changing money. Whatever your plan, good luck out there!
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 06:54 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
So, to go from 10k up to about 64k is a massive bull run and it seems it’s in a major correction currently.

The first stage of the run took it from 10 to 42k in the blink of an eye before it corrected down to 29k. So a 32k bull run corrected to a 19k overall run...with roughly a correction to 60%.

Then, it ran up to 57k and corrected down to 44k. So a 28k run that corrected down to a 15k one -which without having exact numbers- was roughly a correction to 55% of the bull run.

It made the next run to a peak of roughly 64k. A 20k run.

If a trend in the chart is to be expected to continue the current bull run, it would have corrected down to between 50-60% of the last leg.

The fact it’s corrected 100% of the last leg seems to indicate to a novice investor that it’s possibly having a MAJOR correction from the beginning of the whole run from 10k to 64k.

So a healthy correction for that big of a run would be roughly 60% of that 54k run, right?

Meaning it could be in a healthy correction stage right now that could drop the price to 42.5k before resuming its current bull run with a next target of somewhere close to 84k.

That’s some simple data indicating it could be very very advantageous to buy at the current levels if you truly believe in the tech long term...
I'm not a stock or crypto expert by any means, but my only concern with it would be that the most recent peak in the graph was lower than the previous. It went from 57k, to 61k, to 64k, to then the next peak was 59k showing more of a downward trend.

It may be irrelevant, but it just goes against its previous patterns.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:44 AM 05-17-2021
Setting up my Voyager acct today
[Reply]
ghak99 08:17 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
I'm not a stock or crypto expert by any means, but my only concern with it would be that the most recent peak in the graph was lower than the previous. It went from 57k, to 61k, to 64k, to then the next peak was 59k showing more of a downward trend.

It may be irrelevant, but it just goes against its previous patterns.
I went and looked at the chart after reading that as well.

Someone else can probably dissect it beyond my abilities, but you'd have to be all in on the bull market to ignore that image.
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:38 AM 05-18-2021
Ark Invest defends Bitcoin's environmental impact following Elon Musk tweets.

Ark Invest, an investment management firm that is a big investor in Coinbase, has questioned Elon Musk’s stance that Bitcoin is bad for the environment.

“In our view, the concerns around Bitcoin’s energy consumption are misguided. Contrary to consensus thinking, we believe the impact of Bitcoin mining could become a net positive to the environment,” Ark Invest’s analysts said in a research note published yesterday.

The note comes just a week after Tesla CEO Elon Musk reversed course on the flagship cryptocurrency, tweeting on May 12 that the EV manufacturer had stopped accepting Bitcoin as payment over climate concerns.

“We are concerned about rapidly increasing use of fossil fuels for Bitcoin mining and transactions, especially coal, which has the worst emissions of any fuel,” Musk said, adding that while he believes in cryptocurrencies generally, progress cannot come at the expense of the environment.

However, the Ark team claimed that—through real-world data—they have demonstrated how “mining could impact the amount of renewable energy provisioned to the grid by transforming intermittent power resources into baseload generation by way of energy storage.”

This year, Ark Invest supplied data used in a white paper released by Square as part of its Bitcoin Clean Energy Initiative.

The white paper claimed that Bitcoin mining could be an opportunity for the world to transition towards renewable energy. To support this view, Square alleged that Bitcoin miners are “location agnostic” and only require an Internet connection to function.

Per today’s data, however, almost two-thirds of all Bitcoin miners are based in China.

The white paper also assumes that because renewable energy sources are generally seen as cheaper than fossil fuels, Bitcoin miners prefer renewable energy sources.

According to Cambridge University, however, only 39% of the Bitcoin network is powered by renewable energy. Last month, a coal mine in China flooded, causing Bitcoin’s hash rate to drop to figures not seen since November 2020, illustrating the network’s reliance on fossil fuels.

Ark Invest has invested heavily in crypto-exposed firms, including Square and Tesla, via its Ark Innovation ETF. Last month, Ark Invest CEO Cathie Wood bought a total of $356 million worth of Coinbase shares.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:32 PM 05-18-2021
Polygon making me money
[Reply]
EPodolak 06:01 PM 05-18-2021
Not believing Elon didn't know of the "environment impact" when he invested in BTC to start with.
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:13 PM 05-18-2021
Anyone nervous yet? Buying these dips? As much as I love ETH and the prospect of some of these less popular altcoins, I can't see myself buying anything other than Bitcoin anytime soon. If it drops to the 30's I'm going to sell off some stock and go in balls deep.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:18 PM 05-18-2021
Anyone nervous yet? Buying these dips? As much as I love ETH and the prospect of some of these less popular altcoins, I can't see myself buying anything other than Bitcoin anytime soon. If it drops to the 30's I'm going to sell off some stock and go in balls deep.
:-)

Yep, thinking of selling it all- tired of this downward spiral.

The media is pumping out bad news and Crypto can't get any traction.
[Reply]
Iconic 09:10 PM 05-18-2021
Stronger nerves than me. I wouldn't personally touch these dips until I know it has hit some sort of stable support... and just my opinion but I don't think that's happening till it has hit between 30 to 40k. So an enormous range. Just not really worth buying any dips yet for me, I might even sell, short, stomach some loss and buy at a way cheaper price but that's only if I get desperate.
[Reply]
Page 187 of 261
« First < 87137177183184185186187 188189190191197237 > Last »
Up