ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Calipari to Arkansas?!?
GabyKeepsMeWarm 09:58 PM 04-07-2024
WTF
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:25 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
How does an average margin of victory of over 23 points per game and back-to-back Championships suggest a "complete crapshoot?"
I don't think it's a complete crapshoot, but Purdue did play an 11 seed in the Final Four.

Since 2000, 35 out of 96 one seeds made the Final Four... what other sport exists where a top 4 team routinely wins 85-90%+ of their games yet only has a 36% chance to make the semifinal?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:45 PM 04-10-2024
How does an average margin of victory of over 23 points per game and back-to-back Championships suggest a "complete crapshoot?"
beaker Homer garbage
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:57 PM 04-10-2024
Kentucky fans eagerly tracking a Waco to Lexington flight…

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 03:29 PM 04-10-2024
3 UConn championships are of the crapshoot variety.

KUs last one definitely was.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:16 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
3 UConn championships are of the crapshoot variety.

KUs last one definitely was.
Missed Free Throws and Mario's Flukeacle are more "crapshoot" than anything UConn has had happened
[Reply]
bdj23 05:23 PM 04-10-2024
It's a fallback that KU (I'm a KU fan) and now UK fans use to cope with their perceived lack of success in the NCAA tournament. KU should have more championships as a blue blood program and UK should have more with the excess of talent Cal has brought it through the years.

So therefore the tournament is a completely random series of events.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:18 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by bdj23:
It's a fallback that KU (I'm a KU fan) and now UK fans use to cope with their perceived lack of success in the NCAA tournament. KU should have more championships as a blue blood program and UK should have more with the excess of talent Cal has brought it through the years.

As long as you completely ignore everything that points to how difficult it is to win the tournament as a top 4 team compared to every other league anywhere.... then yeah? :-)

I've always seen rival fans around here cry about KU's NC count, not so much KU fans (not saying they don't exist)... my question has always been if they should have more, how greedy should we be? I'd think maybe they should have won one more in all these years... not really a big enough deal to just make believe the difficulty of the tournament.

The funniest part about using UConn as an argument that it's not a crapshoot is they were a 4 seed last year and a 7th seed the time before that, and a 3 seed before that.

I think the biggest hang up is this black and white world where people see "crapshoot" and make believe it's "a completely random series of events," when nobody is saying that at all.

I don't think there are any other leagues where someone would just shrug if the 15th best team won the NC while no team better than that even played in the semifinals. :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:08 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Missed Free Throws and Mario's Flukeacle are more "crapshoot" than anything UConn has had happened
Jesus. Let it go. That was one of the best teams ever, playing in one of the greatest final fours ever. Go hate fuck your stuffed Jayhawk.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:23 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by bdj23:

The 2022 KU draw was just about the luckiest thing I’ve seen in the tournament (and as a team it likely wouldn’t even rank among the top 5 of Self’s best), but sure, definitely not a crapshoot.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:09 AM 04-11-2024
Big blow to Kentucky’s HC search.

All of their top choices have rejected them… Hurley, Oats, Billy Donovan and now Scott Drew.

Scott Drew turns down Kentucky and will remain at Baylor. Good for Scott, he’s got a great life in Waco, doesn’t need the Kentucky job. Big miss for Kentucky AD Mitch Barnhart. Who’s next on the Wildcat list?

— Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) April 11, 2024

[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:10 AM 04-11-2024
Drew turned down UK, amazing :-)
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:17 AM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

All of their top choices have rejected them… Hurley, Oats, Billy Donovan and now Scott Drew.

Hurley hasn’t rejected them yet (officially) as he’s 100% probably using them for contract leverage and they haven’t talked to Donovan yet.

If they both say no, fuck it, bring Pitino home.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:29 AM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Ouch.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:31 AM 04-11-2024
It will be interesting to see how he builds the team from scratch.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:44 AM 04-11-2024
:-)

Nobody wants to go suffer thru that klanbase.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up