Kareem Hunt
Ed Pokolak
Joe Delaney
Barry Word
Kimble Anders
Tony Richardson
Greg Hill
Jesse Haynes :-)
No one could live up to Jesse Haynes, the practice legend.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 12:42 AM 12-19-2021
You guys are still debating this? CEH is not a JAG, no. He's the Breeland Speaks of running backs.

You act like being a JAG is easy. It's not. CEH proves it's not, because he is not a JAG, he is just being carried like one. He is the Breeland Speaks of running backs. MEH couldn't carry Donnell Bennett's jock and DB wasn't exactly a hall of famer himself.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 03:00 AM 12-19-2021
If you don;t know this, I'm ok with it, but.
Andy is a sandbagger and will come out with the running game when he needs to.

Isn't it better to make these other teams think we don't have a running game and then attack them with it when they least expect it?
[Reply]
TEX 03:01 AM 12-19-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Watching Taylor was a little painful thinking what might have been. This offense with a back like that would be impossible to stop.
Yep. Would make everyone forget all about Kareem Hunt. CEH does the exact opposite.
[Reply]
wachashi 01:08 PM 12-21-2021

Clyde Edwards-Helaire ran a route on 68% of Patrick Mahomes' dropbacks in Week 15.

CEH had just a 45% route involvement rate in healthy games prior to Week 15.

— Jacob Gibbs (@jagibbs_23) December 21, 2021

[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:49 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
I have been very happy with his uptick in targets.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:21 PM 12-22-2021

[Reply]
suzzer99 10:14 PM 12-22-2021
4 of our offensive linemen are pro-bowl-bound or alternates, and the other one is supposed to be really good against the run, and we still can't run the ball. Explain.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 12:37 AM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
4 of our offensive linemen are pro-bowl-bound or alternates, and the other one is supposed to be really good against the run, and we still can't run the ball. Explain.
Chiefs average 4.5 yards per carry which is good for 12th best in the league...

Receivers/tight ends may be relatively weak at blocking. And offensive line could be better at pass protection than run blocking and the backs may not be elite.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 03:11 AM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
The running game is actually pretty dependent in terms of consistent yardage, there just isn’t any breakaway run or long td potential with the RBs we currently have.

Not to mention the fact that there simply isn’t much goalline opportunities for the RBs to score a lot of TDs due to Andys preference of getting creative/cute near the goalline. I swear it feels that shovel passes are called as much as HB dive runs are within the 5 yard line.

However, it seems that both Clyde and DW can be counted on from a receiving standpoint which has been a vital development in this offense. All in all, I would personally like to invest in RB again on day 2 this year (my personal wish is Breece Hall). This offense is still operating with a governor due to the lack of big play ability out of the backfield, but in the meantime i think it can serve its purpose as a consistent yard churner with dependability as a checkdown option on passing plays.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:35 AM 12-23-2021
Rushing is a thing that you get better at the more you do it, as the game goes on.

KC isn't great at it, because it's an afterthought mostly, something they do every once in awhile.

KC fans don't really understand that because it's been years since we really ran the ball consistently. So they see a couple of 2 or 3 yard runs and say-"See? Can't run."

That's not how it works. If you're patient, by the second half and into the 4th quarter you start gashing the defense for the big runs.

Of course, the argument that you're wasting too many drives to get to that point is a legitimate one.

But it takes a while for your line to impose it's will on the opposition. And ultimately, that's what running the ball is. Physically dominating your opponent and demolishing their will.

I argued that we should run the ball more when Mahomes and company weren't being effective passing; mostly just to force the defense out of two high looks and to give us some easier play-action throws.

But this team will never be a 'running team' with Andy Reid and Mahomes here.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:17 AM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Rushing is a thing that you get better at the more you do it, as the game goes on.

KC isn't great at it, because it's an afterthought mostly, something they do every once in awhile.

KC fans don't really understand that because it's been years since we really ran the ball consistently. So they see a couple of 2 or 3 yard runs and say-"See? Can't run."

That's not how it works. If you're patient, by the second half and into the 4th quarter you start gashing the defense for the big runs.

Of course, the argument that you're wasting too many drives to get to that point is a legitimate one.

But it takes a while for your line to impose it's will on the opposition. And ultimately, that's what running the ball is. Physically dominating your opponent and demolishing their will.

I argued that we should run the ball more when Mahomes and company weren't being effective passing; mostly just to force the defense out of two high looks and to give us some easier play-action throws.

But this team will never be a 'running team' with Andy Reid and Mahomes here.
Agree with all of this plus I’ll add that we don’t have a home run hitter at running back. No RB on the team is a threat to bust a big TD run from midfield or further. 20-maybe 30 yards is the best we can hope for on a run from one of our RBs.

DJ and I talked about this one here once before. Basically, most competent to good RBs average about the same yards per carry on the majority their touches. What separates the greats is the ability to bust the big run. Those greatly inflate YPC and total rushing yards.

CEH’s longest run of the season is 17 yards. 17.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:20 AM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Agree with all of this plus I’ll add that we don’t have a home run hitter at running back. No RB on the team is a threat to bust a big TD run from midfield or further. 20-maybe 30 yards is the best we can hope for on a run from one of our RBs.

DJ and I talked about this one here once before. Basically, most competent to good RBs average about the same yards per carry on the majority their touches. What separates the greats is the ability to bust the big run. Those greatly inflate YPC and total rushing yards.

CEH’s longest run of the season is 17 yards. 17.

The STL Rams offense 99-04 model's what we want. It's not complicated and the Chiefs had a variation of that with Kareem.Being a CEH is being a bullshit apologist like the fans who were championing Alex Smith.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:41 AM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
The STL Rams offense 99-04 model's what we want. It's not complicated and the Chiefs had a variation of that with Kareem.Being a CEH is being a bullshit apologist like the fans who were championing Alex Smith.
Unfortunately, I think we ended up with Kevin Faulk instead of Marshall Faulk.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:55 AM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Marshall Faulk is a hall-of-famer. CEH isn’t close to his talent level.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 80
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Up