ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 179 of 2688
« First < 79129169175176177178179 1801811821831892292796791179 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:09 PM 05-25-2017
Guess it could be taken two different ways. Either he means he would be the starter or maybe third. :-)
[Reply]
BossChief 02:16 PM 05-25-2017
Mahomes is very raw right now and Andys system is one of the hardest to digest in the NFL.

I think Trent is trying to remain realistic and keeping the bar low.

Even Andy said today that Bray has earned the right to start off as the #2
[Reply]
Dayze 02:43 PM 05-25-2017
I'm fine with him sitting all year and Bray as the Backup (or whoever it ends up being).
Just let Mahommes spend a year where his entire job / existence is to learn the offense, learn what life is like the NFL, travel, practice schedules, film etc. make it to where he doesn't have to worry about anything else. Just eat and sleep the playbook all offseason, all preseason, regular season, and next offseason.

I'm perfectly fine with that.
all things being equal of course.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:55 PM 05-25-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Mahomes is very raw right now and Andys system is one of the hardest to digest in the NFL.

I think Trent is trying to remain realistic and keeping the bar low.

Even Andy said today that Bray has earned the right to start off as the #2
And what has Bray done to "deserve" to be clipboard holder? He did not show much last preseason and has been hurt?

After training camp and the preseason games this year- I fully expect Bray to be #3. 2PM will learn a lot faster being the backup instead waiting behind an untalented Bray due to seniority.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:44 PM 05-25-2017
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I'm fine with him sitting all year and Bray as the Backup (or whoever it ends up being).
Just let Mahommes spend a year where his entire job / existence is to learn the offense, learn what life is like the NFL, travel, practice schedules, film etc. make it to where he doesn't have to worry about anything else. Just eat and sleep the playbook all offseason, all preseason, regular season, and next offseason.

I'm perfectly fine with that.
all things being equal of course.
Pretty much all of this.

As SNR once similarly suggested, 2PM is our greatest piece of art to mold in recent memory, perhaps ever. Let this kid get his feet fully under him. Make sure that when he does take over, he isn't second guessing anything. Let him build up his confidence throughout the whole process of being a QB in the league. Then, when it is time, let the fun begin.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:50 PM 05-25-2017
I can't see a scenario where Alex gets hurt and Bray remains the starter for long.
I still think it's likely that Mahomes plays at some point in the season.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:51 PM 05-25-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
And what has Bray done to "deserve" to be clipboard holder? He did not show much last preseason and has been hurt?

After training camp and the preseason games this year- I fully expect Bray to be #3. 2PM will learn a lot faster being the backup instead waiting behind an untalented Bray due to seniority.
1) I'll trust what Andy wants to do.

2) Bray is going into his 5th year in the same system.

3) calling Bray untalented is straight up ignorant. Both he and Mahomes both have full blown cannons.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:56 PM 05-25-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I can't see a scenario where Alex gets hurt and Bray remains the starter for long.
I still think it's likely that Mahomes plays at some point in the season.
I will agree with this because it is very likely that Smith may miss a huge chunk of this season and may not finish the season either.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:57 PM 05-25-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
1) I'll trust what Andy wants to do.

2) Bray is going into his 5th year in the same system.

3) calling Bray untalented is straight up ignorant. Both he and Mahomes both have full blown cannons.
This.
[Reply]
arrwheader 04:03 PM 05-25-2017
All the not being the number 2 and having to earn it and all that is mosty just talk imo. You don't give up 2 first and grab a guy at 10 like that to think he's going to be third string. He will have the 2 spot come game time. Soon after the 1.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:05 PM 05-25-2017
Is Bray a F/A after this season?
[Reply]
BossChief 04:09 PM 05-25-2017
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
All the not being the number 2 and having to earn it and all that is mosty just talk imo. You don't give up 2 first and grab a guy at 10 like that to think he's going to be third string. He will have the 2 spot come game time. Soon after the 1.
Andy said a month or so ago that there will be an open competition for the backup spot.

They aren't going to rush Mahomes to the field, though. He's still learning his drops, according to Reid. The kid has a ways to go.

Everyone needs to be patient.

Even when he gets on the field, he's gonna make a lot of mistakes until things slow down for him.
[Reply]
ILChief 05:05 PM 05-25-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Is Bray a F/A after this season?
Yes
[Reply]
beach tribe 05:25 PM 05-25-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Nah, forget it. I get it. The next decade or so as a Chiefs fan is perfect no matter what

Win the SB - I told you, we did it!!
Continue to excel but fall short - all those excuses that were unacceptable? Perfectly valid now.
Meander into mediocrity, or outright suck - hey! At least we tried.

Absolutely no downside.

Luckily, against all odds, I AM getting younger.
What exactly is your point in all of this, if not to defend Smith and want him to continue to lead this team??
[Reply]
beach tribe 05:28 PM 05-25-2017
I expect Bray will get his shot if Smith goes down, and my bet, he plays well enough that a team sees enough to want him.
[Reply]
Page 179 of 2688
« First < 79129169175176177178179 1801811821831892292796791179 > Last »
Up