ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 232 of 297
« First < 132182222228229230231232 233234235236242282 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:50 PM 09-18-2010
Originally Posted by Coach:
Yeah, you're right on that. ISU offensive line had a 47 pound advantage over K-State's defensive line.

I was pleased to see that they didn't get exposed to the big play, except the last drive, where it was overthrown, but if it was an actual QB throwing that, the game would be going to OT, most likely.
If HCBS kicks the FG in the 2nd qtr (instead of that dumbass fake), this game would have had a different feel. WTF was he thinking. That is totally unSnyder-like in a tight game.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 01:53 PM 09-18-2010
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
If HCBS kicks the FG in the 2nd qtr (instead of that dumbass fake), this game would have had a different feel. WTF was he thinking. That is totally unSnyder-like in a tight game.
I liked it. I really did. You're only a genius if it works in those cases, but I like that kind of thinking from the Old Man. He used to be ST guru. Roll the dice.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 01:55 PM 09-18-2010
If he had successfully recruited a QB, this discussion wouldn't happen.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 01:56 PM 09-18-2010
And: "WARM UP THE TRACTOR"!!!!!11111111
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:00 PM 09-18-2010
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
I liked it. I really did. You're only a genius if it works in those cases, but I like that kind of thinking from the Old Man. He used to be ST guru. Roll the dice.
If you are playing Mo State, no problem. However, when you KNOW it's going to be a close game, and it was, you can't chance not getting the 3.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:48 PM 09-18-2010
If you are playing Mo State, no problem. However, when you KNOW it's going to be a close game, and it was, you can't chance not getting the 3.

I agree with you and WTI; it was a stupid call in that particular situation. However one of the things I've always liked about Snyder is his willing to try fake kicks and punts. He doesn't mind the occasional risk.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:32 PM 09-18-2010
I was pretty pissed about the wasted opportunity at the end of the half. 1:40 or so on the clock, and we chose to sit on the ball. I believe we had 2 time outs also.

There's no reason we shouldn't have driven down and tried to get some points on the board before half.
[Reply]
KevB 04:00 PM 09-18-2010
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I was pretty pissed about the wasted opportunity at the end of the half. 1:40 or so on the clock, and we chose to sit on the ball. I believe we had 2 time outs also.

There's no reason we shouldn't have driven down and tried to get some points on the board before half.
There is no way they were going to let Carson throw the ball the way you'd need to throw it to get down the field. That said, I don't understand why no screens or draws in that situation.
[Reply]
KevB 04:01 PM 09-18-2010
And the exact same play was on film from last week....you know the ISt. coaches covered it with their team. They were ready for it by their formation before we even snapped the ball.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 04:35 PM 09-18-2010
Nebraska is going to fucking rape us. Our front 7 is pitiful.

Thankfully Coffman only sucked on a couple plays, one was major suckage that could have cost us the game.

Daniel Thomas, awesome. Brod Smith, legit. William Powell, excellent.

That's all I have.
[Reply]
ChiTown 04:44 PM 09-18-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Nebraska is going to ****ing rape us. Our front 7 is pitiful.

Thankfully Coffman only sucked on a couple plays, one was major suckage that could have cost us the game.

Daniel Thomas, awesome. Brod Smith, legit. William Powell, excellent.

That's all I have.
NU is damn good. That said, Wash U's O and D are dogshit. Locker sucks.

I agree, our front 7 is bad. Parts are good, Harold, Priz Brown and maybe Kibble. Beyond that......:-) Not to mention, Hartman has been beyond bad in his first 3 games back from the injury, and I mean BAD!

We ride Thomas as far as he takes us, and hope for the best. The end.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 04:49 PM 09-18-2010
NU is damn good. That said, Wash U's O and D are dogshit. Locker sucks.

I agree, our front 7 is bad. Parts are good, Harold, Priz Brown and maybe Kibble. Beyond that......:-) Not to mention, Hartman has been beyond bad in his first 3 games back from the injury, and I mean BAD!

We ride Thomas as far as he takes us, and hope for the best. The end.
Yep - i'm not under the Powertard delusion that this team may compete for the North.

I'd be happy with 6 wins and a bowl game trip. This team has issues that it won't get worked out this season (IMO) but they should be competitive in most of it's games.
[Reply]
ChiTown 05:18 PM 09-18-2010
Yep - i'm not under the Powertard delusion that this team may compete for the North.

I'd be happy with 6 wins and a bowl game trip. This team has issues that it won't get worked out this season (IMO) but they should be competitive in most of it's games.
What is "Powertard"?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 05:20 PM 09-18-2010
What is "Powertard"?
Someone who subscribes to GoPowercat.com and worships FITZ.
[Reply]
KevB 05:21 PM 09-18-2010

Last year's team had major flaws also, and they were within a quarter of winning the North. We'll see what happens. Cats are by no means the favorite, but they'll compete. And DT is freakin' fun to watch regardless. :-)
[Reply]
Page 232 of 297
« First < 132182222228229230231232 233234235236242282 > Last »
Up