Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Media Center>Super Mario Movie in 2022
MMXcalibur 10:17 PM 09-23-2021
https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/09...-cast-revealed

Originally Posted by :
Chris Pratt Voices Mario In Illumination's Movie, Full Cast Revealed
by JOHN CARSON on Sep 23, 2021 at 06:05 PM

Shigeru Miyamoto crashed today’s Nintendo Direct to make some big announcements regarding the Mario animated movie from Illumination Entertainment. Not only did Miyamoto drop the planned release timeframe of the film, but an exact date for North America. He also revealed the star-studded cast of the movie.

Holiday 2022 is when the feature-length Mario movie will hit theaters worldwide. It premieres in North America on December 21, 2022, with dates for other territories to be announced later.

Along with the premiere timing, Miyamoto revealed a large chunk of the cast, which was:

Chris Pratt as Mario
Anya Taylor-Joy as Peach
Charlie Day as Luigi
Jack Black as Bowser
Keegan-Michael Key as Toad
Seth Rogan as Donkey Kong
Kevin Michael Richardson as Kamek
Fred Armisen as Cranky Kong
Sebastian Maniscalco as Spike

Those worrying whether the traditional voice of Mario has been left out, fear not! Charles Martinet, who has been the voice of Mario and other Mushroom Kingdom residents for years, will appear in “surprise cameos” throughout the movie.

If you're not excited for Charlie Day as Luigi, then I don't want to be your friend.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:35 AM 04-10-2023
For some reason I thought you were talking about Yoshis Story at first. But yeah, Yoshis Island is awesome. I think it has the best final boss of all the early Mario games.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:21 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by loochy:
Peaches peaches peaches PEACHES PEACHES PEACHES��

My son and I :-)ed at that
That and when he's on top of Donkey Kong in the cat costume and he's kneading his back like a real cat. Hilarious attention to detail there.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:23 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Oh, and it was definitely enjoyable. Didn’t take itself seriously, colorful, fun, referenced the games at every turn- you can’t ask for much more.

Well, except for Yoshi! I mean, come on. They showed us Cranky Kong and Diddy Kong but no love for Yoshi?

That reminds me: was the frying pan a reference to The Legend of the Seven Stars or what? Would have been wild to get a cameo from Mallow or Geno.
Technically when they were walking in that montage to Jungle Kingdom they passed a herd of running Yoshi's with one looking back at them.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:47 PM 04-10-2023
So this is the new cinematic universe, right? Nintendo was nervous for decades about licensing their characters in movies after the Bob Hoskins Mario movie, and now that they got a huge fucking hit on their hands, they're going to let that cow get milked?

Hell, if done properly, you can do a million movies with the Legend of Zelda alone. This thing is going to be freaking huge.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:01 PM 04-10-2023
Absolutely no way it's not. Even if they were planning for this to be a one and done grossing almost 400 million worldwide it's first weekend will make them churn these out like clockwork, especially since you don't even need to create new stories, just adapt material that is 20+ years old.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:22 PM 04-10-2023
The problem with Zelda is that Sony, not Universal have the rights.

Don't expect that to get handled well.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:49 PM 04-10-2023
Huh? That doesn't sound right. With how notoriously restrictive Nintendo is with their IPs I don't see them doing that, and a quick Google search turned up bupkis.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:00 PM 04-10-2023
Well the head of my studio told us and that's more reliable than a google search I promise. Rights aren't exactly news so it doesn't surprise me it's not out there.

Also it isn't just Nintendo, they don't know how to make a movie. Illumination made the movie and Universal released it and ran the campaign. Nintendo has been great. Illumination made me want to jump off a bridge the last 8 months.
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:50 PM 04-10-2023
Castlevania is perfect as an anime. I’d like to see Metroid and Zelda go that same route. Mario has more of a fun and comedy feel for it so an animated cgi series is perfect for it.
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:01 PM 04-10-2023
I just don’t think comedy would work for Zelda or Metroid like it does for Mario.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:04 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
I just don’t think comedy and goofiness would work for Zelda or Metroid like it does for Mario.
Yeah..I'm looking at the list of most popular games and I think they just need to branch out off the characters in this movie. A Toad based movie might work, probably one about Bowser as well.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:03 AM 04-11-2023
I know people tend to hate Despicable Me and Minions after the first movie, but aren’t they still very popular every time they come out? It’s not too surprising to me Illumination was able to make an entertaining movie in this genre. Hopefully they can keep the quality going.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:26 AM 04-11-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I know people tend to hate Despicable Me and Minions after the first movie, but aren’t they still very popular every time they come out? It’s not too surprising to me Illumination was able to make an entertaining movie in this genre. Hopefully they can keep the quality going.

Despicable Me 3 made over a billion dollars, worldwide, on an $80m budget.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl122652161/
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:27 AM 04-11-2023
Actually was a bit shocked at the lack of toilet humor in the movie. That's always been a pretty big knock on illumination
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:36 AM 04-11-2023
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Despicable Me 3 made over a billion dollars, worldwide, on an $80m budget.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl122652161/

Crazy. We enjoy the movies as well.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up