ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Make QB Sneaking with Patrick Mahomes Great Again
BWillie 03:45 PM 09-02-2022
No risk it no biscuit and stats have shown its a low probability of injury play. Shit happens.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:46 PM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by Iconic:
lets just call run plays every single play i mean mahomes could get hurt off just about any drop back.

in fact lets take him out the game and cover him in saran wrap, handoffs require a lot of hip flexor movement and are pretty scary too.
We do like to take the best player in nfl history out sometimes on these 4th and 1 and 3rd and 1s so we can put in .... uhh...blake bell. Seems odd.

Part of the need to have Patrick on the field is 1 out of 5 times on a 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 look u can fake sneak or fake hand off and chuck it deep for an easy ass huge completion. Makes you extremely difficult to play against on short yardage.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:47 PM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Wow. U guys reeeeeeally want that 1 yard huh.
I want to win, bud.

As the great Tony D'Amato said. Its the 6 inches in front of ur face. Its a game of inches.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:50 PM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I want to win, bud.

As the great Tony D'Amato said. Its the 6 inches in front of ur face. Its a game of inches.

I'm not a doctor, but Patrick Mahomes' knee popping can't be a good thing #Chiefs #Broncos #TNF pic.twitter.com/mSonrbg4Uv

— John Breech (@johnbreech) October 18, 2019

[Reply]
BWillie 02:54 PM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Results-oriented thinking describes when you forgo logic and instead use the individual outcome of an decision to determine whether your thought process was “right” or “wrong.”
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:56 PM 01-31-2024
Still don’t know why we can’t make Blake Bell run all the QB sneaks.

The defense knows it’s coming? Isn’t that the point of running a sneak? It’s really hard for them to stop 1 yard gains?
[Reply]
BWillie 02:57 PM 01-31-2024
“I’ll always want to because I always say that I haven’t got stopped yet,” Mahomes said. “Because even the one that my knee I got hurt on, I still got the first down. But I’m pretty sure he’s not going to let me do it unless it’s like for the Super Bowl, and so I might have to call my own number in the Super Bowl if we get there.”

THE CHAMPION IS READY TO WIN
[Reply]
Dante84 02:58 PM 01-31-2024
cross-posting:

Look - on the QB sneak thing. There's a reason we don't do it, and it's not just "because he got injured one time." He's the most competitive mother ****er to ever exist, and if that would give us the edge, we'd run it.

There was a twitter thread a long time ago with Stroupe replying to questions about Patrick's leg structure - his legs bow inward. Its even part of the reason he has his funny little jog walk.

I think they try to avoid having Patrick placing a shit ton of strain/torque on his knee joints in a 10-12 man pile.

I think they don't want him squatting 2,000lbs of linemen on his uniquely shaped legs.
[Reply]
Womble 03:17 PM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Still don’t know why we can’t make Blake Bell run all the QB sneaks.

The defense knows it’s coming? Isn’t that the point of running a sneak? It’s really hard for them to stop 1 yard gains?
Because Blake Bell is fucking shit and will fumble the ball?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:03 PM 01-31-2024
(whispers) There has been some evidence over the years that the Chiefs are really keen to protect Mahomes’ lower body. There have been suggestions every now and again that they believe his joints may be prone to injury. It may be anecdotal but I’ve noticed that some defenders seem to target Mahomes low when bringing him down or hitting him late.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:07 PM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Roll out Mahomes. Let him wizard shit that first down. Throwing or running.
Mahomes on the roll on 4th down is never going to throw the ball away. He's never going to give up on the play. He's going to hang around and eventually get hit running for it or get hit trying to buy time to create a throw.

He's gotten wrecked on some of those rollout plays inside the 10, a few of them have been horrifying (that flip pass he threw against, I think, TB - where the guy just drove through his knee for instance).

Again, I just don't think the rollout is any less likely to get him hurt than a sneak is. Especially on 4th where you know he's going to stand in there and take a hit to make a play.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:11 PM 01-31-2024
I could see them doing the Noah Gray sneak but with Rashee Rice. Rashee squatted 500 lbs in college. He's a strong ass dude
[Reply]
Back to Back Champ 04:13 PM 01-31-2024
Mahomes is going to rush for a TD in the Superbowl.

Great odds on it.

A big bet for me.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:18 PM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Mahomes on the roll on 4th down is never going to throw the ball away. He's never going to give up on the play. He's going to hang around and eventually get hit running for it or get hit trying to buy time to create a throw.

He's gotten wrecked on some of those rollout plays inside the 10, a few of them have been horrifying (that flip pass he threw against, I think, TB - where the guy just drove through his knee for instance).

Again, I just don't think the rollout is any less likely to get him hurt than a sneak is. Especially on 4th where you know he's going to stand in there and take a hit to make a play.
Somehow there was no injury on that 2022 Tampa play. His trainer took this photo from the sidelines. It sure as hell looks like an injury play, lol

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:23 PM 01-31-2024
Fine, why not line Pacheco up as QB? Or CEH? They ARE running backs after all...

Seriously, spend the whole offseason having them take 100 snaps a day or some shit if you are worried about them handling the snap. It's silly to me.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 04:45 PM 01-31-2024
I think Andy Reid made himself a promise NEVER AGAIN when he saw Patricks knee sticking out the side of his leg in a meaningless freaking game in Denver. Im sure he thought he ruined his career. At first it seemed like an extremely gruesome injury.

Just get more creative. Why cant Blake Bell go under center and hand it off to Pacheco off the tackle. The entire defense will think a sneak is coming and clog the middle.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Up