ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Media Center>Top gun trailer
Frazod 02:45 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
In a way I admire that she didn’t turn herself into a Botox monster like so many actresses do… Still.. Would not…
This pretty much describes what her costar Meg Ryan did to herself. Meg and Melanie Griffith must have the same plastic surgeon, and I'm pretty sure it's the guy from Escape From L.A. I don't even want to post a picture of either one of them because it's just too depressing to look at. McGillis just looks like an old lady, which is fine. Better that than a swollen-faced science experiment gone wrong.

Notice that Meg wasn't invited back, either.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:41 PM 08-22-2022
Coming to paramount plus tomorrow apparently. Definitely worth seeing in theaters while you can.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:07 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Coming to paramount plus tomorrow apparently. Definitely worth seeing in theaters while you can.

Not a surprise but this isn’t true. It’s available to buy through streaming now but that’s it. There is no date for when it’ll be on Paramount, which sucks, but I can’t blame them given they have a 7 day free trial that everyone would do, me included, just to watch the movie then bail.

Blu Ray is November 1st which is probably when you will be able to rent it but I’d guess it would still be a while after that before you can watch it for “free” on Paramount.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:48 PM 08-28-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Not a surprise but this isn’t true. It’s available to buy through streaming now but that’s it. There is no date for when it’ll be on Paramount, which sucks, but I can’t blame them given they have a 7 day free trial that everyone would do, me included, just to watch the movie then bail.

Blu Ray is November 1st which is probably when you will be able to rent it but I’d guess it would still be a while after that before you can watch it for “free” on Paramount.
Yeah I found this out after I posted it. Hollywood reporter article said it was but was disappointed when I saw it wasn't on there. Hopefully soon
[Reply]
notorious 03:24 PM 08-23-2022
This guys videos are awesome. The realism on DCS is fantastic.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:00 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
This guys videos are awesome. The realism on DCS is fantastic.

HAHAHA! Yeah, that was about what I figured.

"I'm in good shape here....nevermind"

Now there is something to be said for the fact that the opponent, even when sidled alongside him, still KNEW the Tomcat was an aggressor. That wasn't the case in the movie.

But yeah, sad to say and sorry to report that the other SU involved in that fight would've made short work of a Tomcat.
[Reply]
notorious 04:03 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
HAHAHA! Yeah, that was about what I figured.

"I'm in good shape here....nevermind"

Now there is something to be said for the fact that the opponent, even when sidled alongside him, still KNEW the Tomcat was an aggressor. That wasn't the case in the movie.

But yeah, sad to say and sorry to report that the other SU involved in that fight would've made short work of a Tomcat.
Check out more of his vids. He managed to defeat a SU-57 with an F-16 by using terrain. There's a ton more stuff out there. Quality entertainment!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:18 AM 08-25-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Check out more of his vids. He managed to defeat a SU-57 with an F-16 by using terrain. There's a ton more stuff out there. Quality entertainment!
You utter, utter bastard...

I've spent the last 24 hours mainlining this shit and now I want to go drop $1,000 on a rig to play this game (and lose. Often. And badly).

His RIO randomly punching out on him every now and again just kinda cracks me up.
[Reply]
notorious 09:32 AM 08-26-2022

I've spent the last 24 hours mainlining this shit and now I want to go drop $1,000 on a rig to play this game (and lose. Often. And badly).

His RIO randomly punching out on him every now and again just kinda cracks me up.
Dude, I've withheld so far with the simple fact that those guys are REALLY good at flying simulated combat and I'd get annihilated.

Still, I wanted to be a fighter pilot until the Air Force said my eyesight wasn't good enough at 18. Went civilian instead.

This looks really awesome.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:28 PM 08-27-2022

Right?

I haven't been on for 24 hours but I've wasted waaaay too much time watching simulated fights.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:46 PM 08-27-2022
So now that this is on Paramount, the ripping services have much better copies.

So a reminder that M4UHD.TV has pretty much any movie you'd ever want to see. I recommend installing the Amazon Silk Internet app due to its popup blocker and you can stream to your TV in whatever format your internet can handle.

Enjoy, lads.
[Reply]
Miles 12:18 AM 11-27-2022
This was still as enjoyable on the second watch. This was my first time with a 4K blu ray and my system has never sounded or looked this great.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:20 AM 04-15-2023
I watched this again recently - it's available on Amazon Prime. My opinion of it has improved dramatically. Initially I was more than a bit disappointed by the ending, but now, frankly, I love it. Sure it was silly and unrealistic, but it was also a wonderful storybook ending and a throwback to another era that I really miss. The steely-eyed man's man All-American Hero saves the day, gets the girl and flies off into the sunset. Utterly, completely and unapologizingly unwoke.

We need more of that, not less.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:20 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I watched this again recently - it's available on Amazon Prime. My opinion of it has improved dramatically. Initially I was more than a bit disappointed by the ending, but now, frankly, I love it. Sure it was silly and unrealistic, but it was also a wonderful storybook ending and a throwback to another era that I really miss. The steely-eyed man's man All-American Hero saves the day, gets the girl and flies off into the sunset. Utterly, completely and unapologizingly unwoke.

We need more of that, not less.
I've watched it 4x... really enjoyed it
[Reply]
RunKC 03:03 PM 04-18-2023
Yup the Maverick test run was nostalgic and awesome.

My biggest question after seeing it again is after they go up past 9G on the steep incline after dropping the bombs, that’s such a steep slope and such a speed that you figure it would take time to snap out of that while enemy bombs were triggered as soon as they went past the top.

That seemed to be the scariest part of the mission more than anything. Your oxygen is pressed to the max, you’re damn near blacking out and oh yeah there’s bombs right there immediately coming for you. Didn’t seem realistic but hey it was still ****ing awesome
[Reply]
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Up