ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 118 of 726
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218618 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Conference re-alignment thread
Saulbadguy 07:57 AM 09-12-2011
The old one has AIDS.

Anyways, Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com reports OU may apply to the Pac-12 by the end of the month.

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said.

Messages left Sunday night with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder were not immediately returned.

If OU follows through with what appears to be a unanimous sentiment on the seven-member Oklahoma board of regents to leave the Big 12, realignment in college athletics could be heating back up. OU's application would be matched by an application from Oklahoma State, the source said, even though OSU president Burns Hargis and mega-booster Boone Pickens both voiced their support for the Big 12 last Thursday.

There is differing sentiment about if the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors are ready to expand again after bringing in Colorado and Utah last year and landing $3 billion TV contracts from Fox and ESPN. Colorado president Bruce Benson told reporters last week CU would be opposed to any expansion that might bring about east and west divisions in the Pac-12.

Currently, there are north and south divisions in the Pac-12. If OU and OSU were to join, Larry Scott would have to get creative.

Scott's orginal plan last summer was to bring in Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and put them in an eastern division with Arizona and Arizona State. The old Pac-8 schools (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) were to be in the west division.

Colorado made the move in June 2010, but when Texas A&M was not on board to go west, the Big 12 came back together with the help of its television partners (ABC/ESPN and Fox).

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were accepted into the Pac-12, there would undoubtedly be a hope by Larry Scott that Texas would join the league. But Texas sources have indicated UT is determined to hang onto the Longhorn Network, which would not be permissible in the Pac-12 in its current form.

Texas sources continue to indicate to Orangebloods.com that if the Big 12 falls apart, the Longhorns would consider "all options."

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe held an emergency conference call 10 days ago with league presidents excluding Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M and asked the other league presidents to "work on Texas" because Beebe didn't think the Pac-12 would take Oklahoma without Texas.

Now, it appears OU is willing to take its chances with the Pac-12 with or without Texas.

There seemed to be a temporary pause in any possible shifting of the college athletics' landscape when Baylor led a charge to tie up Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference in legal red tape. BU refused to waive its right to sue the SEC over A&M's departure from the Big 12, and the SEC said it would not admit Texas A&M until it had been cleared of any potential lawsuits.

Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have indicated they will not waive their right to sue the SEC.

It's unclear if an application by OU to the Pac-12 would draw the same threats of litigation against the Pac-12 from those Big 12 schools.

Stay tuned.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:56 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by eazyb81:
:-), interested observer? You have been reduced to hoping and praying Mizzou doesn't go so you can lead the cheer squad. That's all you have - no one even entertains the thought of trying to bring your shit school anywhere. You can try and act coy and innocent all you want, but your true colors will eventually shine.

Damn that is some tough talk. Do you suck bevo's cock with that mouth? ku bending over and spreading their cheeks doesn't help Mizzou negotiate to improve financial equality for all conference schools, but I guess Stockholm Syndrome has fully kicked in now and you have prepared to pledge full loyalty to your Belt Buckle overlords. :-)
[IMG][/IMG]
[Reply]
alnorth 02:01 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
My problem with the interim commissioner is that he's someone with the appearance of being completely out of the loop. He literally did his interview on Game Day from a golf course, by all appearances, and it seems obvious that he was just enjoying retirement.

Cool. No problem.

The problem occurs when he's now being asked to go 0-60 to salvage a complete ****ing mess.
This right here is my biggest concern with Neinas. Not UT corruption, but this ultra-casual happy sense of ignorance he projects.

Maybe some people take it as refreshing honesty or something, but when a commissioner flat-out says "I'm not sure, I get the impression they want to do suchandsuch but I need to talk with them", that doesn't inspire confidence. If you don't know, either say no comment or give a confident strong political non-answer.
[Reply]
HemiEd 02:02 PM 09-27-2011
Well Tim, in an effort to be fair, I had to do some reading in order to understand why Missouri is such a powerhouse, and highly desired by these big conferences. Wow, they have been around a long time, holy crap they must have had a lot of success and tradition.

I really can't see where they have done anything except softball and soccer since the inception of the big12. They did win a Big 12 BB tournament in 2009, but you guys don't care about that. (94-171?)

They did seem to have a lot of success in the Missouri Valley though, maybe that is what is really going on? Could an in state rivalry with Missouri State in the same conference be on the horizon? :-)
[Reply]
Braincase 02:07 PM 09-27-2011
So, let me see if I have this straight. Nebraska goes to the Big 10, they're a bunch of assholes. Colorado goes to the PAC, they're a bunch of assholes. Texas A&M takes off to the SEC, they're a bunch of assholes. Mizzou goes to some other conference, they had to because everybody else was just a bunch of big ol' meanies.
[Reply]
Trevo_410 02:09 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Well Tim, in an effort to be fair, I had to do some reading in order to understand why Missouri is such a powerhouse, and highly desired by these big conferences. Wow, they have been around a long time, holy crap they must have had a lot of success and tradition.

I really can't see where they have done anything except softball and soccer since the inception of the big12. They did win a Big 12 BB tournament in 2009, but you guys don't care about that. (94-171?)

They did seem to have a lot of success in the Missouri Valley though, maybe that is what is really going on? Could an in state rivalry with Missouri State in the same conference be on the horizon? :-)
I don't think us Mizzou fans needs to explain ourselves for the thousandth times on this thread and the other thread... negreppedson has asked the same question over and over, go look at those responses
[Reply]
Pants 02:10 PM 09-27-2011
:-), interested observer? You have been reduced to hoping and praying Mizzou doesn't go so you can lead the cheer squad. That's all you have - no one even entertains the thought of trying to bring your shit school anywhere. You can try and act coy and innocent all you want, but your true colors will eventually shine.
Yeah, because I talked so much shit last time. You must be confused, dawg. I will talk all the shit in the world about your toothless meth producing/smoking fans or your lack of any significant achievements as far as your teams go, but I did not talk shit about you getting screwed by the Big10 nor would I talk shit or "lead the cheersquad" should it ever come out that you never had an SEC invite. At least you were in the discussion, that's more than I can say about my school.

Originally Posted by ezbait:
Damn that is some tough talk. Do you suck bevo's cock with that mouth? ku bending over and spreading their cheeks doesn't help Mizzou negotiate to improve financial equality for all conference schools, but I guess Stockholm Syndrome has fully kicked in now and you have prepared to pledge full loyalty to your Belt Buckle overlords. :-)
It's not tough talk. I'm just aware of the fact that Texas is by far the richest public school AD in the country. Why should it not have a bigger cut of the TV money than my school when they're the reason the conference is getting these massive TV contracts in the first place? My school splits an incredibly low-population state with another BCS school and has a shitty football program. I know KU's place and I take my joys in KU's success where I can get them (you know, the BCS win and the Final Fours). I'm a proud Jayhawk, but I'm not going to sit here and lament about my school getting a couple million less a year than juggernauts like UT and OU. That's how capitalism works.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:10 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
KU would struggle in the Valley. See UNI and Bradley in basketball and NDSU in football. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:18 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by Braincase:
So, let me see if I have this straight. Nebraska goes to the Big 10, they're a bunch of assholes. Colorado goes to the PAC, they're a bunch of assholes. Texas A&M takes off to the SEC, they're a bunch of assholes. Mizzou goes to some other conference, they had to because everybody else was just a bunch of big ol' meanies.
No, Nebraska fans are a bunch of assholes because...well they just are. They were assholes before they went to the B1G. Their behavior since they left has only confirmed it. Nubs fans suck donkey dicks, they always have, they always will and it doesn't matter what conference they're in. Tom Osborne is a big asshole because he went out there and absolutely blistered MU with no discernable cause on his way out the door.

Colorado - they're cool; UT and Nebraska tend to hate them. I hold Colorado in no ill-regard whatsoever. Good for them. They got a hell of a life raft and are going to be far FAR happier where they are then where they were.

A&M is a bunch of assholes if for no other reason than the fact that they're crying foul over revenue sharing when they were one of only 4 teams in the Conference that already got an unequal cut of it. UT, OU, NEB and A&M created the system and benefited most from it and suddenly A&M is losing its shit. Oh, and the other 3 schools have won not only bowl games, but national championships since the inception of the XII. In essence, A&M is less a pack of assholes and more a staggering example of hypocrisy, pride and jealousy in action.

And I'm sure every alumni of Nebraska and A&M would argue otherwise and every scared shitless Beaker, Wildcat or Cyclone that sees their major conference affiliation hanging in the balance will marshall a similar argument against Mizzou. Its truly hilarous how transparent guys like Rustshack are when they act all indignant over MU's 'indecision' or 'entitlement' when its really just the fact that he knows that Iowa State is up shits creek if the XII detonates.

Like I said - I really don't give a rip what the Beakers think, or the Nubs, or Eco-Kat and her fuzzy little buddies. I care about Mizzou and them alone. I know they'll screw this up and probably end up in worse shape than Baylor when all is said and done, but it doesn't keep me from knowing what I want to see from them.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:35 PM 09-27-2011
Would you not agree that even the potential appearance of impropriety is a poor sign given the current Big 12 mess and the common theory that the prior Big 12 Commissioner was a UT puppet?

I don't think the news is a conviction of Neinas, but I do think the timing is terrible for this to make the public rounds.
I don't think there's an appearance of impropriety here. I think there is a misleading news story. What if someone wrote an article about how Neinas helped Joe Castiglione, Mike Alden, and Gary Pinkle get their jobs (which is true, as I understand it). Would that damn him because of the appearance that he was in bed with OU and MU? The truth is that Neinas was selected (and approved by non-Texas schools) because he's connected to all of these programs and none of them see him as a puppet of any one program.

Edit: I also suspect that he was selected because he's not likely to want to do this job long term and he's more likely to be unbiased as to his successor than a guy who wants the job permanently.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:40 PM 09-27-2011
But the original concern many had about Neinas was that he was another Deloss Dodds' puppet. Less than a week after he is announced as the new Big 12 Commissioner, he announces a joint venture with - wait for it - Deloss Dodds. Maybe there really is nothing substantive about it, but perception is reality.
He announced it? A joint venture? I don't think that's accurate.
[Reply]
HemiEd 02:51 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by Trevo_410:
I don't think us Mizzou fans needs to explain ourselves for the thousandth times on this thread and the other thread... negreppedson has asked the same question over and over, go look at those responses
Is your name Tim, n00b? :-)

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
KU would struggle in the Valley. See UNI and Bradley in basketball and NDSU in football. :-)
Yeah, how many National Championships in BB does Bradley have again? UNI? Mid Majors have had a nice run lately, hopefully it will continue.

Honestly, the BB competition might be better in the valley. In looking at football records, Mizzou has been on a very nice run since 2005 without a doubt. The Sooners have really had their number though, damn.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:21 PM 09-27-2011
:-)

You guys need to have a pow-wow and make up your minds. Do you want to smart and keep us, or do you want to act tough and say you don't need us?
JFC, can we just get you in the stirrups and bring the UT gyno and an icy speculum to give you a nice sensitive dusting and cleaning?

Fuck it all, just call Deaton and tell him you demand to go the SEC.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 05:28 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
JFC, can we just get you in the stirrups and bring the UT gyno and an icy speculum to give you a nice sensitive dusting and cleaning?

**** it all, just call Deaton and tell him you demand to go the SEC.
This post had to pass through Pac-10 smelling interwebz connections, so expect numerous incoming reps and PMs from your Kansas betters (read: crimson).
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:38 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No, Nebraska fans are a bunch of assholes because...well they just are. They were assholes before they went to the B1G. Their behavior since they left has only confirmed it. Nubs fans suck donkey dicks, they always have, they always will and it doesn't matter what conference they're in. Tom Osborne is a big asshole because he went out there and absolutely blistered MU with no discernable cause on his way out the door.

Colorado - they're cool; UT and Nebraska tend to hate them. I hold Colorado in no ill-regard whatsoever. Good for them. They got a hell of a life raft and are going to be far FAR happier where they are then where they were.

A&M is a bunch of assholes if for no other reason than the fact that they're crying foul over revenue sharing when they were one of only 4 teams in the Conference that already got an unequal cut of it. UT, OU, NEB and A&M created the system and benefited most from it and suddenly A&M is losing its shit. Oh, and the other 3 schools have won not only bowl games, but national championships since the inception of the XII. In essence, A&M is less a pack of assholes and more a staggering example of hypocrisy, pride and jealousy in action.

And I'm sure every alumni of Nebraska and A&M would argue otherwise and every scared shitless Beaker, Wildcat or Cyclone that sees their major conference affiliation hanging in the balance will marshall a similar argument against Mizzou. Its truly hilarous how transparent guys like Rustshack are when they act all indignant over MU's 'indecision' or 'entitlement' when its really just the fact that he knows that Iowa State is up shits creek if the XII detonates.

Like I said - I really don't give a rip what the Beakers think, or the Nubs, or Eco-Kat and her fuzzy little buddies. I care about Mizzou and them alone. I know they'll screw this up and probably end up in worse shape than Baylor when all is said and done, but it doesn't keep me from knowing what I want to see from them.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:40 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
This post had to pass through Pac-10 smelling interwebz connections, so expect numerous incoming reps and PMs from your Kansas betters (read: crimson).

easy, I take all that back. My fucking irritability meter is pegged in the red over this shit. I'm tired of the whole fucking mess.

My apologies.
[Reply]
Page 118 of 726
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218618 > Last »
Up