ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach did it again
493rd 03:34 PM 04-27-2024
I griped about trading up and whether it made sense, but I’m posting this as an apology to CP. Veach did it again and I was wrong to question him. Crucify me as you will, I deserve it. I love this team. I vow to turn over a new leaf!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:05 PM 04-27-2024
We really had 2 goals for this offseason.

1. Get the offense back on track to make the most of Mahomes’s greatness.

2 explosive receivers. LT of the future. OL depth. Another high level talent at TE.

2. Don’t let the defense take too big of a step back.

Jones is back. Tranquil is back. Danna is back. Drafted a couple really nice values in the secondary to help with losing Sneed.

I’d say we checked both boxes.
[Reply]
4th and Long 07:37 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
Supreme Commander Veach doesn't require your recognition.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:41 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by 4th and Long:
Fuck yes. :-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:42 PM 04-27-2024
Did Bert Veetch truly wear a Terez Paylor sweatshirt in the draft room?
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:45 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Titty Meat definitely masturbated to this.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:15 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
We honestly have no clue if he did a good job or not. Tons of A and B drafts ended up dogshit but it feels like we got some guys in this one for sure.
3 rings. Stfu
[Reply]
4th and Long 08:31 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Did Bert Veetch truly wear a Terez Paylor sweatshirt in the draft room?

[Reply]
Lzen 08:50 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by 4th and Long:
Top notch photo shop skills.

:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 08:51 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
3 rings. Stfu
Just saying in general. There is more luck than skill in the NFL draft. That doesn't mean the skill isn't important though. Tons of A rated drafts across the NFL over decades ended up being shit. At the end of the day we don't really know shit about fuck.

Almost everyone described Mahomes as a "project" that would take a few years. That couldn't have been further from the truth. Bills fans were devastated when they didnt draft Rosen over Josh Allen.
[Reply]
nychief 08:55 PM 04-27-2024
I think we'll know after the OTAs if they think the Samoan kid or Wanya have made enough strides. I figure we'll resign Smith sometime in June.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:57 PM 04-27-2024
You think burt would be out here talking shit about driving a convertible?

Atone for your sins and you shall be washed clean
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:58 PM 04-27-2024

Notable Day 3 picks in the Brett Veach era:

Chamarri Conner - R4 (2023)
Joshua Williams - R4 (2022)
Jaylen Watson - R7 (2022)
Isiah Pacheco - R7 (2022)
Noah Gray - R5 (2021)
Trey Smith - R6 (2021)
L’Jarius Sneed - R4 (2020)
Mike Danna - R5 (2020)
Nick Allegretti - R7 (2019)

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:03 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:
I think we'll know after the OTAs if they think the Samoan kid or Wanya have made enough strides. I figure we'll resign Smith sometime in June.
They're not gonna resign that brokedick.

Samoan Willie Roaf will claim the job outright.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:06 PM 04-27-2024
Ok, I have to add this here for YOUR opinions. :-)!

The Bills gifted the Chiefs another AFC title with their first-round trade
Scheduled to pick at No. 28 on Thursday night and in need of wide receiver help following the Stefon Diggs trade and the loss of Gabe Davis in free agency, Buffalo traded back to No. 32 in a deal with postseason nemesis Kansas City. The Chiefs used the pick to draft speedy Texas wide receiver Xavier Worthy, leading to a nearly unanimous outpouring of the same reaction. WHOA! Mahomes throwing to this guy and Marquise Brown! Unstoppable! What were the Bills thinking???

Verdict: OVERREACTION

The notion that the Chiefs pulled some kind of Jedi mind trick on the Bills to trade up and draft the receiver the Bills actually wanted defies logic. Front offices spend months assessing other teams' needs and which positions they can be expected to target in the draft. There's no way the Bills sent this pick to the Chiefs thinking, "Jeez, I hope they don't pick Worthy!"

Buffalo and Kansas City are in two different places as franchises. The Chiefs have a deep roster that has won the past two Super Bowls and can trade up for players they view as finishing touches. The Bills have seen a ton of talent walk out the door this offseason and need more picks. They added a third-rounder -- they didn't have one at the time -- in this deal. Then they traded back again, from No. 32 to No. 33, and finally drafted a receiver in Florida State's Keon Coleman with the first pick of the second round.

It's true Buffalo hasn't been able to get past Kansas City in the playoffs. But it doesn't mean the Chiefs' front office knows what it's doing and the Bills' front office doesn't. And by the way, do the decisions the Chiefs have made at wide receiver the past few years mean we should assume Worthy will work out -- or that he will definitely be better than Coleman?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/i...ys-picks-teams
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 11:56 PM 04-27-2024
Big Asses and high R.A.S.'s. Plus elite speed. My kinda draft.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up