ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 28
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Media Center>Loki Trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:33 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
Jamie 01:39 PM 07-08-2021
I was in on the variant Loki theory (it fits the best thematically) until this most recent episode. After a room full of Lokis it would be a little underwhelming to have it be another Loki. And what would be the version? Best Loki? I guess it could be. The Loki that won trying to keep potential rival Lokis down by maintaining the timeline where he loses and dies.

I guess I still I think Immortus (who I maintain is distinct from Kang) is most likely. Another possibilty that I haven't seen discussed much is that it could be a variant of Ravona, or even Mobius.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:50 PM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I was in on the variant Loki theory (it fits the best thematically) until this most recent episode. After a room full of Lokis it would be a little underwhelming to have it be another Loki. And what would be the version? Best Loki? I guess it could be. The Loki that won trying to keep potential rival Lokis down by maintaining the timeline where he loses and dies.

I guess I still I think Immortus (who I maintain is distinct from Kang) is most likely. Another possibilty that I haven't seen discussed much is that it could be a variant of Ravona, or even Mobius.
Could certainly be Immortus making sure that Kang turns into him rather than Rama Tut.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:14 PM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:

The problem with introducing Kang, or any other new villain at this point, is that it's just too much to pack into the finale. There just isn't enough time to fill in Kang's backstory and provide a satisfactory conclusion to the series.

Ant Man-Quantumania won't be released until some time in 2023, so it would be very strange for Marvel to use him as the main villain of Loki when he won't be seen again in the MCU for another 2 years.

I think it's more likely that a Loki is behind the TVA and our Loki defeats him, freeing all of the remaining Loki variants, including Young Loki, who will eventually appear in the Young Avengers.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:27 PM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The problem with introducing Kang, or any other new villain at this point, is that it's just too much to pack into the finale. There just isn't enough time to fill in Kang's backstory and provide a satisfactory conclusion to the series.

Ant Man-Quantumania won't be released until some time in 2023, so it would be very strange for Marvel to use him as the main villain of Loki when he won't be seen again in the MCU for another 2 years.

I think it's more likely that a Loki is behind the TVA and our Loki defeats him, freeing all of the remaining Loki variants, including Young Loki, who will eventually appear in the Young Avengers.
Originally I believed they were attempting to retcon Mutants in the MCU especially the TVA using the " Apocalypse" qualifier
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:43 PM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Originally I believed they were attempting to retcon Mutants in the MCU especially the TVA using the " Apocalypse" qualifier
Yeah, that makes some sense but I think that when Marvel decides to introduce the X-Men, it'll be in a feature film and not a Disney+ TV series.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:13 PM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, that makes some sense but I think that when Marvel decides to introduce the X-Men, it'll be in a feature film and not a Disney+ TV series.
It could be a quick reveal that could be inserted in another property like Ant-Man's endcredit scene In Captain America: Civil War
[Reply]
Sorce 03:27 PM 07-08-2021
It could be a quick reveal that could be inserted in another property like Ant-Man's endcredit scene In Captain America: Civil War
With the post credit scenes it's more often a nod to comic fans that know who these characters are. It's not part of the movies because there isn't time to make it make sense for the majority.

I feel like in one episode there isn't time to introduce a new bad guy and resolve the series. I think if it's someone we already know. Even if it's for a character in a movie I think you have to wrap up the show. Also I'm not sure how much the theatrical movies can rely on you having watched a Disney+ show.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:05 PM 07-08-2021
SO . . . MUCH . . . DETAIL. . .

This is nearly as fun as the episode itself.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:10 PM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by Sorce:
With the post credit scenes it's more often a nod to comic fans that know who these characters are. It's not part of the movies because there isn't time to make it make sense for the majority.

I feel like in one episode there isn't time to introduce a new bad guy and resolve the series. I think if it's someone we already know. Even if it's for a character in a movie I think you have to wrap up the show. Also I'm not sure how much the theatrical movies can rely on you having watched a Disney+ show.
Not to introduce but harvest the Mutant movement by innocuous ploys for power or influence to create more Mutants he'd more like Essex in the beginning because of the retcon.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:27 PM 07-08-2021
Not to introduce but harvest the Mutant movement by innocuous ploys for power or influence to create more Mutants he'd more like Essex in the beginning because of the retcon.
The Eternals movie is going to introduce the MCU mutants, I'm sure of it. Eternals, Deviants, and Humans with powers that evolve over time, that's what the Celestials grew on Earth.

And I think I agree with Dane - there's no time for a major baddie introduction in the series finale. It's going to be some type of ascended Loki....one that rules Asgard and/or the Yodenheim or has a chest full of infinity stones/gauntlets or is an ancient Loki fulfilling a millennium long plan, or some other type of device. Maybe they'll "hint" at another character that "could" show up down the road, but it would have to be quick solid work to pull it off.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:32 PM 07-08-2021
Well shit, I'm 5 minutes into the NR video and I might have to go back on everything I said, haha.
[Reply]
Fish 05:27 PM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
SO . . . MUCH . . . DETAIL. . .

This is nearly as fun as the episode itself.

Verrrry interesting....
[Reply]
Fish 05:28 PM 07-08-2021
It's insane the lengths these guys go to when breaking down these episodes. Crazy details that I completely missed.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:00 PM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
It's insane the lengths these guys go to when breaking down these episodes. Crazy details that I completely missed.
And there was a LOT that I never even registered. That video makes the episode that much better, honestly.
[Reply]
Sorce 08:29 PM 07-08-2021
What if it isn't a "bad guy" could it be Dr. Strange? He saw so many scenarios with Thanos. Could he have created the TVA to make sure a Thanos situation doesn't happen again?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 15 of 28
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up