ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Nzoner's Game Room>EB getting passed again....
F150 11:11 AM 01-27-2022
I just can't figure this shit out.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:43 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Daboll new head coach of the Giants
I don't think that will end well...
[Reply]
BWillie 05:45 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady:
The only thing I can think of is that Eric must be a terrible in-person interview for all his smarts and expertise. That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Perhaps, like many of us, he gets extremely anxious when interviewing for jobs.
So Eric do you call the plays?

EB: Well...uh...no Andy tells me what plays to run.

So Eric, you then create the offensive game plan?

EB: Well...yeah..no...Andy does that but I communicate to the players what we are going to run.

Well, you at least script the first series right?

EB: No...but I watch Andy do that.

So what would you say that, ya do here?
[Reply]
Zap Rowsdower 05:49 PM 01-28-2022
Damn, the OC of one of the worst Chiefs offenses ever (2012) gets hired over the OC of some of our best offenses ever.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:00 PM 01-28-2022
Daboll also trying to take Ken Dorsey with him. This could actually be a pretty significant blow to the Bills and Allen.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:01 PM 01-28-2022
Return of the Cooter
Jim Bob
[Reply]
mkp785 06:09 PM 01-28-2022
The best jobs for him (and most likely imo) remain Minnesota and New Orleans. 2 teams with fantastic RBs and a lot of vets who might not mind EB's style of coaching. I think he gets 1 of them before this is all over....and we get more picks.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:10 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Zap Rowsdower:
Damn, the OC of one of the worst Chiefs offenses ever (2012) gets hired over the OC of some of our best offenses ever.
Thigpen year ??
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:21 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Doug Pederson was easily replaced. He's still a Super Bowl-winning head coach. And it's not like you can point to him just taking credit for the work of other guys, unless we're going to argue Chip Kelly was actually a good head coach.

How much work did Bill Walsh assistants do? I'm asking because I actually don't know. Did any of the offensive guys call plays (if that's the sticky wicket). What about that Mike Holmgren tree in Green Bay? What the hell did Andy Reid actually do on that team other than be a position coach and "assistant head coach" for a couple seasons. What even the hell is an assistant head coach? You mean a coordinator? If that's the case, why do so many assistant head coaches not get the nod as interim if a guy gets fired mid-season?

Working under and for a successful system isn't necessarily a black mark on what a guy does. Bieniemy may end up leaving, and the guy replacing him will probably appear to do a great job. That doesn't mean EB and the guys before him weren't actually good or important to the success and outcomes. It just means Andy Reid is the goddamn king at coaching his coaches.
I feel like they use the assistant HC label as a way to keep a coordinator they don’t want to get away. Not really sure how that all works, but OL coach/asst HC may not be able to take an OC job? But I’m really not sure of the logistics.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:27 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Phoneix:
Mayyyybe …and hear me out …this is Andy’s last run and he knows it. EB will slide in and fill in for Andy and Kafka will be the OC.
You think Andy waited his whole career to find his Patrick Mahomes, then will retire 4 years later? No chance, he’s chasing greatness. He’s less than 100 wins from Shula. Idk if he stays long enough to pass him, but him and BB may end up close.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:28 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
You think Andy waited his whole career to find his Patrick Mahomes, then will retire 4 years later? No chance, he’s chasing greatness. He’s less than 100 wins from Shula. Idk if he stays long enough to pass him, but him and BB may end up close.
Andy is a workaholic. Always has been. He lives and breathes football. Wouldn't surprise me if he coached until he keeled over.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:29 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
The best jobs for him (and most likely imo) remain Minnesota and New Orleans. 2 teams with fantastic RBs and a lot of vets who might not mind EB's style of coaching. I think he gets 1 of them before this is all over....and we get more picks.
Saints are fucked. I hope he’s not considering that one. That job needs a fall guy who will lead way to a better coach when they get their cap back in line. Can’t see anyone doing a good job there until they figure out their finances and players.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:33 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Phoneix:
Mayyyybe …and hear me out …this is Andy’s last run and he knows it. EB will slide in and fill in for Andy and Kafka will be the OC.
Yeah, I doubt it. He signed an extension through 2025 in November of last season (2020). He's only had one full year on the deal. It's absolutely his intent to go as many years as he can with this QB.

He's a lifer. He might even die while on the job. And I'll bet he wouldn't have it any other way.
[Reply]
emaw1979 06:36 PM 01-28-2022
Maybe EB is just not a good candidate? I didn't think he should have been promoted to OC personally. It's worked out but how much of that is Andy? (hint: most).
[Reply]
mkp785 06:46 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Saints are ****ed. I hope he’s not considering that one. That job needs a fall guy who will lead way to a better coach when they get their cap back in line. Can’t see anyone doing a good job there until they figure out their finances and players.
Fair enough, but there is only 32 of these jobs available...and I think he's from the city so that has to help somewhat. If we win this year he comes into whatever locker room that hires him wearing 2 Superbowl rings...in this case that's 1 more than Sean Payton ever got.

Also, and this part sucks but it's obvious he's been passed over for whatever reason. This Saints job does suck and that means that it's not gonna be the prime choice. I wouldn't be surprised to see them hire their coach last, unless they promote from within of course.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:09 PM 01-28-2022
I think he’s probably an excellent coach, but his press conferences are usually terrible.

That’s usually an indication, I think, that he interviews horrifically.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Up