ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 954 of 3903
« First < 454854904944950951952953954 9559569579589641004105414541954 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 03:51 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Would be nice .
[Reply]
Mecca 03:51 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There's an entire world of Type A personalities who are being told "just sit tight for awhile and this will sort itself out..." who damn sure aren't taking well to it.

We've spent decades telling America about the nobility of pulling yourselves up by your bootstraps and bowing your back and fighting for the life you want....and now we're expecting many of those same people to just turn that off?

That's why the whole "your grandparents stormed the beaches in Normandy to save the world, all you have to do is sit on your couch" thing falls really damn flat. For many, if not the majority, the problem is that there's nothing they can do. If there was an actual enemy to fight, you'd see these same people who are being chastised for being stir crazy being the first people enlisting.

Americans aren't a sit back and wait it out lot. Yeah, they're gonna struggle like hell with this. It doesn't make them 'fucktards' - it makes them frustrated and left without an outlet. And it's made worse by these heavy handed efforts to claim a moral high ground.
I'm like that, I enjoy being out but at the same time, there are plenty of things to do at my home. It's why I have hobbies, it's why I invested in things like big tvs, and video games and arcade machines and built a man cave.

So when we are actually at home there is shit to do, to be bored in my house you have to actively try to be bored.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:54 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I did.

You said it hasn't gone through a small town. That's wrong.

You then said maybe it will. That's wrong too. It already has.

If you don't like having your ignorance corrected, please don't display it.
That wasn't my original statement it was a reply to another comment I made that really didn't make that assumption, you are behind as usual and posting from a position of ignorance.

11 cases in 1 town does not equal "running through it". You know you don't have enough data to support that claim, you don't know how it started or how it got to 11 and where it ends. Could have been 11 people who took a trip somewhere and nobody else gets infected.

You don't get to make your own rules dipshit.

Once again this is just you making your own qualifiers and then calling someone wrong.
[Reply]
wazu 03:54 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Would be nice .
Yeah, seems like I've seen reports of something similar being available every day for the past 3 weeks.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:55 PM 03-31-2020
20,297 and 558
So both numbers have gone up.
[Reply]
Tnerped 03:55 PM 03-31-2020
I'm hoping Iowa gets a SIP order soon. I just can't take seeing the constant flow of people in and out of the Post Office. Even my remote PO has seen business increase by at least 300%. This is absolutely sickening and there is a high population of 61+ in these towns. We're gonna be pretty fucked here sooner or later.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:56 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Unfortunately, we're probably going to see a lot of that around the world. Countries with poorer economies and less-developed health care infrastructure are probably gonna get thrashed.
India's gonna do this for a month, say "we did what we could", open things back up and a million people are probably going to die.

It won't get reported and ultimately a million people in a country of 1.4 billion won't make a dent. They'll move on with their lives because it's a harsh, poor, hardscrabble society that is in many ways immune to suffering because they hardly know anything else.

Yeah, the third world's gonna have a bad few months.

Novel viruses that attack people's lungs are a bitch.
[Reply]
Donger 03:57 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
That wasn't my original statement it was a reply to another comment I made that really didn't make that assumption, you are behind as usual and posting from a position of ignorance.

11 cases in 1 town does not equal "running through it". You know you don't have enough data to support that claim, you don't know how it started or how it got to 11 and where it ends. Could have been 11 people who took a trip somewhere and nobody else gets infected.

You don't get to make your own rules dipshit.

Once again this is just you making your own qualifiers and then calling someone wrong.
What was your original statement?

This is where you go away, FYI.
[Reply]
Tnerped 03:57 PM 03-31-2020
Feel free to zoom in on any of the little red dots throughout western Kansas, or any very rural areas of other states. You'll see the same thing.
Fairly certain it puts the dot where the main town is in each county. We have no reports in this town (main city in the county) and they are in fact reported in the next town over. But I could be wrong about other counties?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:58 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm like that, I enjoy being out but at the same time, there are plenty of things to do at my home. It's why I have hobbies, it's why I invested in things like big tvs, and video games and arcade machines and built a man cave.

So when we are actually at home there is shit to do, to be bored in my house you have to actively try to be bored.
I'm gonna put together a little driving range off my patio. Have re-arranged some stuff in the shop to make for better workflow and am probably going to start a kitchen table project w/ some old walnut I have.

But as you well know, there's a difference between 'doing something' and 'doing something'.

The former is just asking people to occupy themselves while things spin around them. The latter is what all of them would like to do. This isn't about raw boredom, its about powerlessness and lack of purpose.
[Reply]
O.city 04:05 PM 03-31-2020
White house goals are set between 100 and 240k deaths. Thats rough.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:05 PM 03-31-2020
I'm gonna put together a little driving range off my patio. Have re-arranged some stuff in the shop to make for better workflow and am probably going to start a kitchen table project w/ some old walnut I have.

But as you well know, there's a difference between 'doing something' and 'doing something'.

The former is just asking people to occupy themselves while things spin around them. The latter is what all of them would like to do. This isn't about raw boredom, its about powerlessness and lack of purpose.
For those of us that are still working being quite at home isn’t the worst thing but I would imagine if you are not working it would be hard to enjoy your days off knowing that each passing day you get more and more in debt. Having to do something that wasn’t by choice is harder to stomach.
[Reply]
Donger 04:05 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Tnerped:
Fairly certain it puts the dot where the main town is in each county. We have no reports in this town (main city in the county) and they are in fact reported in the next town over. But I could be wrong about other counties?
Yes, it's counties.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:06 PM 03-31-2020

There is some truth to that but I'm sure everyone has some home projects they could be getting done right now.

My son and I, hung shelves, got our deck ready for summer with all the furniture, cleaned out our garage. I mean I get it can be a source of frustration but I try to view it as an opportunity to get some extra things done.
[Reply]
TLO 04:12 PM 03-31-2020
Just watched the daily briefing... Anyone have a link for the 50 states that Dr. Birx showed?

This is looking really, really grim.
[Reply]
Page 954 of 3903
« First < 454854904944950951952953954 9559569579589641004105414541954 > Last »
Up