ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 56
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
RunKC 06:49 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

If it's "harder" for him to block on an island, he's in for a rough time in Cincy. Judging by where Jonah Williams places on the chart we leave them out there at a roughly equal clip. (Also notice Jawaan Taylor was more successful AND blocked on an island at a higher rate)
I think besides Von Miller and Joseph Ossai/Trey Hedrickson (irony!), his worst game was against Myles Garrett and now he plays him twice a year.

Just went back to look at the highlights and yeah. Garrett absolutely destroyed the motherfucker in the worst way
:-)
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:00 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
IDK why I feel like doing this but OK.

LOLWUT. No, Brown isn't a better RT. Even in his 'prime' at RT he might not've been, and he DEFINITELY isn't now having not played it for years.

As for being a better LT, the only way that's true is if Taylor bombs. Why anyone would think that is beyond me. Absolutely beyond me. If you're eating up with PFF is feeding you, STOP. PLEASE.

A "chance." He's literally already better. Orlando Brown is a bad pass protector. Period. Full stop. End of story. He always has been. Are we smoking crack here?

No he wouldn't or he'd have OFFERED it.

Veach didn't want ANOTHER YEAR OF OBJ GETTING MAHOMES KILLED.

Are you people ****ing BLIND? We just watched this guy for 2 years. We don't need "ESPN pass block win rate" to trick us into thinking he's good, for **** sake.

By protecting their QB, who's way less talented at escaping pressure (he actually creates a lot of it himself), with a guy who IS TERRIBLE AT GIVING UP PRESSURE?

WHAT THE **** IS HUMANITY
And if we're honest, it was actually apparent from the get-go. In the 2021 preseason, the rebuilt offensive line looked pretty good, except for Orlando Brown in pass protection, and it never really got better.

I think it's a real question as to how much we wanted him back. Last year, our offer was really just a glorified two-year contract, and going into this off-season, Veach had probably already made up his mind he wasn't going to go anywhere near where Brown wanted and was ready to move on.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:06 AM 03-16-2023
I say good luck to him but he isn't all that great at all. Many a game he can't handle speed and we all know it. Mahomes had to change his game because of it and Joe likes to hold the ball. They blame his OL for his sacks but he ho0ld the ball too long. He will get nailed doing that with Brown at LT or they will have to do the same thing we did. Leave in an RB to chip on his side.

I hope Taylor is an improvement. I doubt they would have let Brown walk if he wasn't
[Reply]
O.city 07:10 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
And if we're honest, it was actually apparent from the get-go. In the 2021 preseason, the rebuilt offensive line looked pretty good, except for Orlando Brown in pass protection, and it never really got better.

I think it's a real question as to how much we wanted him back. Last year, our offer was really just a glorified two-year contract, and going into this off-season, Veach had probably already made up his mind he wasn't going to go anywhere near where Brown wanted and was ready to move on.
Andy has always preached over the years how much he values tackles. They've always wanted a premium asset at LT, especially now that they have the best QB in football behind him.

It said enough to me atleast when they said "nah no thanks" to tagging OBJ again and working on a deal. They knew what was up.
[Reply]
Shields68 07:10 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think it's as simple as the Chiefs made Brown an offer and he thought he could get more (or at least wait them out). The Chiefs made their offer to Taylor and signed him leaving no room for Brown. He had to move on and took the Gals' offer.

No clue why Chief Fan wants to shit on a guy that gave the Chiefs so much, but they've done that since he got here.
Start of free agency is like a game of musical chairs. They needed a LT and could not come up empty. Taylor took the offer, Brown probably wished he did and had to sign at a discount but still a good payday.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:14 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think besides Von Miller and Joseph Ossai/Trey Hedrickson (irony!), his worst game was against Myles Garrett and now he plays him twice a year.

Just went back to look at the highlights and yeah. Garrett absolutely destroyed the motherfucker in the worst way :-)

He also seemed to have a lot of trouble with Oweh. Now he gets 4 games a year guaranteed against him and Garrett. Could be rough.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:18 AM 03-16-2023
What discount? Out of his own agents mouth, he signed the best offer available when it came to guaranteed money. The harsh reality is he's not a top tier LT and the entire league more or less hammered that I to his and his agents thick skulls over the past few days.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:20 AM 03-16-2023
Attached: well bye.jpg (5.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:23 AM 03-16-2023
I think as I have all season that Brown's "badness" is a little overblown by people who focus on only the bad reps. Is he good? No. He's just a league average tackle. You can see it in the graphic above, his win rate is middle of the road.

Decent, good enough for our offense to be a top offense, but not enough to be paid like a great tackle.

You can't know what Andy and Burt are thinking, only infer it from what they do. They didn't tag Brown, meaning they felt they could upgrade the position. We can't know if Taylor was the plan all along or if they had something else working that didn't work out. All we know is that they felt the Chiefs can do better.
[Reply]
scho63 07:24 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Interesting there was so little market for him. What's going on here
He wasn't elite like he thought he was. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 07:27 AM 03-16-2023
He's probably in that 8-14 range of LT's. He's durable and you know what you're getting.

There's value there and I don't really like that the Chiefs ended up letting him walk and got nothing back for it, but no sense worrying about that now.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 07:27 AM 03-16-2023
Many of us said all season we needed to upgrade the OTs... and here we are :-)

Thanks to OBJ & Wiley for playing their career best game in the SuperBowl for us! Enjoy your payday.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:33 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
He's probably in that 8-14 range of LT's. He's durable and you know what you're getting.

There's value there and I don't really like that the Chiefs ended up letting him walk and got nothing back for it, but no sense worrying about that now.
The worst is that he went to the Bengals, and they got a decent upgrade on the cheap. But we also dodged a bullet in that he didn't accept our offer last offseason.

As far as Brown himself or whether we'll miss him, I don't give that a thought.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:34 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:

Wut? Seriously, what the fuck would you expect them to do differently? NO ONE was willing to meet his initial contract demands. No one. And we're supposed to tie up 20 million in cap while these two obstinate fucks go around and get laughed out of the room until we either have to rescind or take some mid round pick?
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:46 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's not like they got him at a discount. He signed with them because they offered the most guaranteed. His market was just absolute dogshit.

At $16MM per year its easier to guarantee more of the deal.

What an idiot, you know damn well he turned down more than this overall from KC. When he says later he wanted to stay in KC you will know he is lying.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 56
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up