ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 125 of 1209
« First < 2575115121122123124125 1261271281291351752256251125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Dinny Bossa Nova 06:46 PM 03-13-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Precisely how much cheese is actually on that pie? And what kind is it?
2.14 pounds (give or take). Baby Swiss.

I always put 2 pounds of cheese on pizzas.

This one was 2 pounds crust, ~ 1 pound sauerkraut, 2.25 pounds ground corned beef (my own using Alton's corned beef recipe) and of course, the cheese.

I am not the least bit ashamed of any of those numbers.

If y'all ate more cheese, perhaps your comb over would look as good as mine.

Dinny
[Reply]
Dinny Bossa Nova 06:47 PM 03-13-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I had a dinnys bacon explosion once.

****ing awesome, it was.
It was killer.

Damn near killed me there for a while.

Dinny
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:50 PM 03-13-2016
Originally Posted by Dinny Blues:
2.14 pounds (give or take). Baby Swiss.

I always put 2 pounds of cheese on pizzas.

This one was 2 pounds crust, ~ 1 pound sauerkraut, 2.25 pounds ground corned beef (my own using Alton's corned beef recipe) and of course, the cheese.

I am not the least bit ashamed of any of those numbers.

If y'all ate more cheese, perhaps your comb over would look as good as mine.

Dinny

No judgement, man, I order all mine extra cheese. That's a shitload of cheese, though!

:-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:58 PM 03-13-2016
It was killer.

Dinny
:-).
[Reply]
Dinny Bossa Nova 07:43 PM 03-13-2016
I had a dinnys bacon explosion once.

****ing awesome, it was.
It was killer.

Dinny
:-).
Seriously, though.

I used some of my first batch ever of Italian sausage in that bacon explosion. I lost that recipe and have never been as satisfied with any Italian sausage I have made since.

I wish I had that one back. :-)

Dinny
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:56 PM 03-17-2016
I needed something quick and relatively small for breakfast this morning, so I grabbed a Hot Pocket from the store at my office building. As I was heating it up, it dawned on me that I had never in my life eaten a Hot Pocket.

I'm not sure how I got to be 37 years old without ever having a hot pocket.
[Reply]
Donger 12:59 PM 03-17-2016
Shrimp etouffee and Jasmine rice last night. Grilled burgers tonight. In the snow...
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:04 PM 03-17-2016
I needed something quick and relatively small for breakfast this morning, so I grabbed a Hot Pocket from the store at my office building. As I was heating it up, it dawned on me that I had never in my life eaten a Hot Pocket.

Just haven't found the right woman
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:11 PM 03-17-2016
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Just haven't found the right woman
I've been married for 13 years.

But how did I live to almost 25 (including 4.5 years of college) without ever having a Hot Pocket.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:13 PM 03-17-2016

So can we get a culinary review?
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:14 PM 03-17-2016
Originally Posted by Donger:
Shrimp etouffee and Jasmine rice last night. Grilled burgers tonight. In the snow...
I need to find some decent Cajun food. I was in New Orleans with these fucksticks I worked with and every place we ate was a lousy excuse for shit food.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:25 PM 03-17-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
So can we get a culinary review?
All the store had was the pepperoni pizza kind. My office has a 1200w microwave, so I nuked it for 10 seconds shy of the recommended 2 minutes for 1100w oven. One of the corners burst open and spilled marinara and cheese onto the plate.

The package advertised a flaky, buttery crust. The crust was less flaky than spongy. It wasn't bad, just not was I expected. From the looks of it, it actually looked like there would be some crispness to it after using the included cooking pouch. It had a buttery flavor, but it was that fake butter flavor.

Upon my first bite, the filling had the texture and temperature of molten lava. I assume this is part of the Hot Pocket experience, so I allowed it linger on the roof of my mouth so I could get the full effect.

It tasted like bad pepperoni pizza. I don't say that as a negative, per se. Even bad pizza is still pretty good pizza. I found it a tad salty, even though the sodium content wasn't as high as I'd have figured it to be (around 600mg).

Overall, it's a quick meal that will do in a pinch. I didn't regret eating it then, it didn't give me any digestive problems. Would eat again. I'd give it a solid "meh."
[Reply]
Donger 01:29 PM 03-17-2016
I need to find some decent Cajun food. I was in New Orleans with these ****sticks I worked with and every place we ate was a lousy excuse for shit food.
I use a variation on a Paula Deen recipe. It's a bit of work, honestly, particularly the roux, but the wife and daughter love it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:29 PM 03-17-2016
I need to find some decent Cajun food. I was in New Orleans with these ****sticks I worked with and every place we ate was a lousy excuse for shit food.
Skip NOLA. Go to Baton Rouge, it's an hour north.

Parrain's (chargilled oysters)
Jambalaya Shop (jambalaya, pasta jambalaya)
Tony's (it's a seafood market, get the boudin balls)
Benoit's (sausages)
Save More Market (po boys)
The Chimes (beer, apps)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:30 PM 03-17-2016
Originally Posted by Donger:
I use a variation on a Paula Deen recipe. It's a bit of work, honestly, particularly the roux, but the wife and daughter love it.
Alton Brown has an oven method for roux. It takes a little longer, but it's almost entirely hands-off and has less chance of scorching. I use it for gumbo, works great.
[Reply]
Page 125 of 1209
« First < 2575115121122123124125 1261271281291351752256251125 > Last »
Up