ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 469
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:32 AM 05-25-2022

Lololol

Pasquantino with a grand slam

He’s now 3-4 with 2 hr, a double and 5 rbi

Pratto also 2-4 with a hr and 3 rbi

— Jason Anderson (@J810Anderson) May 25, 2022

Vinnie Pasquantino. HR #12. Grand Slam. 423 feet. I have nothing else to add. pic.twitter.com/EVDgpkScX9

— Royals Farm Report (@RoyalsFarm) May 25, 2022

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:41 AM 05-25-2022
Let’s talk lil Nicky. After last season he ended up with a 4.0 fWAR. But when I looked today it had been massively updated to +6.0. His def was +28 runs and his base running was +8.2 which is insane. It’s the 13th best season in 53 years of Royals history, for position players and about identical to Cain’s 6.1 in 2015.

Looking under the hood tho, it was a mirage. He’s the identical hitter this year by expected data. Expected batting average: .239 last year .236 this. On base? .283 last year vs .286. Slugging? .304 vs .328 this.

Net: Nicky is back to being what he always was, a slightly above replacement player only useable at SS due to his def. He isn’t the .300 hitter of last year
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:49 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Let’s talk lil Nicky. After last season he ended up with a 4.0 fWAR. But when I looked today it had been massively updated to +6.0. His def was +28 runs and his base running was +8.2 which is insane. It’s the 13th best season in 53 years of Royals history, for position players and about identical to Cain’s 6.1 in 2015.

Looking under the hood tho, it was a mirage. He’s the identical hitter this year by expected data. Expected batting average: .239 last year .236 this. On base? .283 last year vs .286. Slugging? .304 vs .328 this.

Net: Nicky is back to being what he always was, a slightly above replacement player only useable at SS due to his def. He isn’t the .300 hitter of last year

Easy to say this now with the start he has had. To be fair, he started hot and cooled off!

So what do we have with Nicky?

The Good?
The Bad?
or
The Ugly?
[Reply]
nychief 10:57 AM 05-25-2022
when I see this thread bumped, I always click hoping someone has lost their job sadly.

What a disgrace. It's not even june and the only thing I look at is the Royals Farm Report twitter feed. barf.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:59 AM 05-25-2022
Vinny and Pratto have both earned a chance to be up here at some point.

The problem is where do you put them? Even IF you were to DFA both Santana AND O'Hearn.

Right now you've got a spot at DH or 1B you could use, with Dozier filling the other. But what about when Salvy gets back? And Olivares?

Do you bench Rivera, who seems to be coming around offensively and defensively, push Witt Jr. out of his natural position at SS back to 3B, move Nicky back to SS, Whit back to 2B. That opens up a spot in RF. Melendez needs to be playing every day if he's up here. I guess you could stick him in RF occasionally. He's not playing CF. CF is Isbel's spot till Taylor gets back.

So once Salvy and Olivares are back: you'll have 4 spots to utilize (C, 1B, RF & DH) and you'll have these players that need to be playing pretty much every day: Salvy, MJ, Dozier, Merrifield, Olivares. You could make it work with all 5 by benching Rivera and sliding Merrifield back to 2B. So then you're basically choosing between Rivera and Olivares. Which one do you want playing most of the time?

So, taking all that into account, where do you put Pratto and Vinny if you call them up? Vinny's a DH, period. But you have a lot of guys right now on the big league club that you will need to rotate through that DH spot on a regular basis (Salvy, MJ, Dozier, etc.). That doesn't leave regular playing time for him. And Pratto? You can put him at 1B, but then you run into the Dozier, Salvy, MJ problem of how do you play all 3 every day when you only have C and DH to utilize if Pratto is locking down 1B? And is Pratto's bat ready for The Show? I don't know. Obviously, you'll have to give him a shot at some point. His K% worries me a little, although it's not as high now as it was earlier in the season.

The truth is likely the Royals aren't gonna have room for all these young guys unless they fully commit to a complete youth movement. That means moving on from Merrifield, Dozier, Taylor, etc. I don't see the Royals doing that this year, for several reasons.

All that to say, I don't expect Pratto or Vinny up this year, even IF Santana and O'Hearn were chopped. Why bring them up to have them sit on the bench most of the time?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:05 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
[/B]

Easy to say this now with the start he has had. To be fair, he started hot and cooled off!

So what do we have with Nicky?

The Good?
The Bad?
or
The Ugly?

The batted ball profile says we are getting the exact same Nicky we always had. The one last year just had a lot of luck.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:11 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

The problem is where do you put them? Even IF you were to DFA both Santana AND O'Hearn.

Right now you've got a spot at DH or 1B you could use, with Dozier filling the other. But what about when Salvy gets back? And Olivares?

Do you bench Rivera, who seems to be coming around offensively and defensively, push Witt Jr. out of his natural position at SS back to 3B, move Nicky back to SS, Whit back to 2B. That opens up a spot in RF. Melendez needs to be playing every day if he's up here. I guess you could stick him in RF occasionally. He's not playing CF. CF is Isbel's spot till Taylor gets back.

So once Salvy and Olivares are back: you'll have 4 spots to utilize (C, 1B, RF & DH) and you'll have these players that need to be playing pretty much every day: Salvy, MJ, Dozier, Merrifield, Olivares. You could make it work with all 5 by benching Rivera and sliding Merrifield back to 2B. So then you're basically choosing between Rivera and Olivares. Which one do you want playing most of the time?

So, taking all that into account, where do you put Pratto and Vinny if you call them up? Vinny's a DH, period. But you have a lot of guys right now on the big league club that you will need to rotate through that DH spot on a regular basis (Salvy, MJ, Dozier, etc.). That doesn't leave regular playing time for him. And Pratto? You can put him at 1B, but then you run into the Dozier, Salvy, MJ problem of how do you play all 3 every day when you only have C and DH to utilize if Pratto is locking down 1B? And is Pratto's bat ready for The Show? I don't know. Obviously, you'll have to give him a shot at some point. His K% worries me a little, although it's not as high now as it was earlier in the season.

The truth is likely the Royals aren't gonna have room for all these young guys unless they fully commit to a complete youth movement. That means moving on from Merrifield, Dozier, Taylor, etc. I don't see the Royals doing that this year, for several reasons.

All that to say, I don't expect Pratto or Vinny up this year, even IF Santana and O'Hearn were chopped. Why bring them up to have them sit on the bench most of the time?
Pratto has been playing the OF the last two days. Perhaps getting ready for a Benintendi trade.

EDIT: Here's an RR piece that addresses those issues: https://www.royalsreview.com/2022/5/...ver-themselves

BTW, Vinnie just hit another double. 4-for-5 today with 2 HRs, 2 2Bs.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:58 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Pratto has been playing the OF the last two days. Perhaps getting ready for a Benintendi trade.

EDIT: Here's an RR piece that addresses those issues: https://www.royalsreview.com/2022/5/...ver-themselves

BTW, Vinnie just hit another double. 4-for-5 today with 2 HRs, 2 2Bs.
Well, a Beni trade would partially solve one issue.

But you still have the Vinny problem. He's gonna hit up here, not worried about that, but he will basically be your everyday DH once he's up here. And the Royals have too many guys to rotate through that DH spot right now. AND he's also not on the 40 man roster currently (yes, that part could be taken care of pretty easily by DFA either Santana or O'Hearn).

I just don't see him getting regular playing time up here this year unless there are a LOT of moves (DFAing aforementioned two, trading Beni AND Whit, etc.)
[Reply]
ROYC75 12:00 PM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
The batted ball profile says we are getting the exact same Nicky we always had. The one last year just had a lot of luck.
I have a hunch we will eventually get an average Nicky, somewhere between the bad and the good Nicky.

Later this year if not traded I see the Royals moving on from Santana and O'Hearn.

I think we will trade Benny and Dozier and maybe even entertain offers on Merrifield.

We have to play the kids and see if they can handle the major league level!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:26 PM 05-25-2022
“Pitching is the currency of baseball”. - Skunkhead

(Currently dead last in AL for era)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:30 PM 05-25-2022
Well, a Beni trade would partially solve one issue.

But you still have the Vinny problem. He's gonna hit up here, not worried about that, but he will basically be your everyday DH once he's up here. And the Royals have too many guys to rotate through that DH spot right now. AND he's also not on the 40 man roster currently (yes, that part could be taken care of pretty easily by DFA either Santana or O'Hearn).

I just don't see him getting regular playing time up here this year unless there are a LOT of moves (DFAing aforementioned two, trading Beni AND Whit, etc.)
Vinnie profiles as an everyday DH, but he doesn't have to be. He can be the starting 1B. That leaves DH open for Salvy and MJ to share.

Dozier becomes a bench player. He's having a decent year, but he's also 30 (turns 31 in August).
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:33 PM 05-25-2022
So Omaha won 19-0 and Vinnie went 5 for 7. OPS is now 1.034
[Reply]
myselff77 12:42 PM 05-25-2022

Sadly this team is not in position to compete in the next two years with the current roster build. Benintendi, Merrifield, Dozier, and sadly even Salvy need to be on the trade block. Trade whichever two bring the best return of prospects (and not Major League ready "talent"). I'd also throw in Mondesi for any promising bullpen arm that is above replacement level.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:45 PM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
So Omaha won 19-0 and Vinnie went 5 for 7. OPS is now 1.034
Santana and O Hearn combined is 1.066 so therefore they are better!!!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:47 PM 05-25-2022
I would trade Vinny for pitching.
[Reply]
Page 114 of 469
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Up