ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 44
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
srvy 07:15 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Musk is crazy
Like bat shit crazy
That is not a truck and I hope he is on the maiden voyage trip to mars
:-)

[Reply]
aturnis 07:20 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This is true. But you're all in and the thing hasn't hit the road yet. New models of any vehicle tend to have issues. Even Toyotas. And lithium batteries don't do so well when banged, rattled and vibrated heavily for hours at a time. And then there's the wiring/connections etc., that would have to put up with all of that as well. Never mind what would happen if the battery case cracked while you were driving through a 3-foot deep stream.

And I've seen first-hand what happens if a lithium battery gets smacked too hard.

So I'll wait and see what that thing does when you get it out say on the Rubicon Trail or Imogene Pass, or even just up the Deer Creek Trail on Boulder Mountain before considering that thing a real pick-up.
They've got their tech pretty dialed in. The battery is armored from the bottom and sides. Not sure if they go with the stainless they covered the car with or the usual titanium.

The 35 degree approach angle, 28 degree departure angle and 16" ground clearance won't hurt either.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
lewdog 07:58 PM 11-23-2019
Great, Telsa fanboy has shown up to ruin this thread.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:08 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by aturnis:
They've got their tech pretty dialed in. The battery is armored from the bottom and sides. Not sure if they go with the stainless they covered the car with or the usual titanium.

The 35 degree approach angle, 28 degree departure angle and 16" ground clearance won't hurt either.

That's fine
F -N Musk is still bat shit cray cray
Approach angles n' all
Just dont throw rocks at the side windows
[Reply]
DaFace 08:11 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
That's fine

F -N Musk is still bat shit cray cray

Approach angles n' all

Just dont throw rocks at the side windows
To be fair, there's not a car out there with windows that would have taken that hit. Their problem was making a big deal out of it as if it were a compelling feature in the first place. It's not like most people need a window that can take a bullet.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:16 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
To be fair, there's not a car out there with windows that would have taken that hit. Their problem was making a big deal out of it as if it were a compelling feature in the first place. It's not like most people need a window that can take a bullet.
First- promoted as "such"

Second -Tell that to the peeps who live in Crenshaw.....
FWIW most are still Faider fans
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:17 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
No, it is because they got the huge bail out and then once they had paid back the loans they never brought the prices back down to the normal range.
No it's because unions along with bad Managment created the stupid cost and the crisis.

They paid back the bail out money with interest ahead of schedule so no idea why people still bitch about it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:19 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by aturnis:
It comes in RWD, Dual Motor AWD, or a tri motor setup, probably the plaid powertrain they're currently developing. They say 0-60 in 2.9.

How many miles that battery last while towing 6,000lbs? 100 miles is my guess.
[Reply]
srvy 08:20 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The Beast.

[Reply]
TLO 08:20 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I'd guess that 9/10 of these things will be sold to people living in major metropolitan cities who never tow anything.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:22 PM 11-23-2019
Fly me to the moon .....
[Reply]
aturnis 08:30 PM 11-23-2019
300-400 I bet. Worst case, big load in winter, I bet you're looking at 250mi from the 500mi battery pack. More than enough to get supercharger to supercharger.

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:32 PM 11-23-2019
The YouTube channel, The Fast Lane Car, towed a little overland camper with the Tesla SUV. I think the trailer was just a few thousand pounds, it completely skull fucked the range. I can’t remember exactly but it was something crazy, the SUV normal range is 300 miles(?) and it sucked it down to 100(?).
[Reply]
DaFace 08:34 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'd guess that 9/10 of these things will be sold to people living in major metropolitan cities who never tow anything.
Yeah, as I said earlier in the thread, this thing's target market has to be Land Rover people. It's definitely not a work truck in its current form.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:36 PM 11-23-2019
Here is the SUB towing I mentioned

https://www.tflcar.com/2019/09/a-tes...-try-and-fail/
[Reply]
Page 14 of 44
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up