Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark arrested for felony possession of a firearm
Hammock Parties 03:40 PM 06-21-2021
Well, bye...

https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/21/frank...ty-chiefs-nfl/

K.C. CHIEFS' FRANK CLARK
ARRESTED
... Cops Say NFL Star Had Uzi In Lambo SUV

Originally Posted by :
NFL star pass rusher Frank Clark -- one of the best defensive players in the league -- was arrested Sunday after cops say he had an uzi in his Lambo SUV ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us Clark was pulled over for a routine traffic stop Sunday evening in Los Angeles ... when cops say they noticed an open duffle bag in his ride.

Our sources say officers saw the gun inside the bag ... and arrested the 28-year-old for felony illegal possession of a firearm.

The Kansas City Chiefs superstar is still behind bars in the Los Angeles area, jail records show.

According to the records, Clark -- listed at 6'3", 255 pounds -- was arrested at 9:20 p.m. ... and was booked into jail hours later at 9:28 a.m. Monday.

We've reached out to Clark and the Chiefs for comment ... but so far, no word back yet.

Clark was a key piece in the Chiefs' runs to the Super Bowls the last two years ... after being traded from Seattle to Kansas City before the 2019 season, Clark logged 14 sacks in 26 starts and was great in postseason play too.

In fact, Clark was so good for the Chiefs since joining the team ... he was selected to the Pro Bowl in each of his 2 seasons on the squad.

Of course, this is not Clark's first brush with legal trouble ... you'll recall, he was arrested in 2014 after being accused of domestic violence -- and was kicked off the Univ. of Michigan football team over it all.

Clark eventually struck a deal with prosecutors in that case, agreeing to plead guilty to a lesser charge of misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

Clark is currently in the middle of a 5-year, $104 MILLION contract with the Chiefs.

Story developing ...

[Reply]
htismaqe 06:12 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
i'initial stuff I'm reading say no extra cap room unless he has a more restrictive morals clause than the usual NFL one.
Which could be possible given his past, I suppose.

Mostly there's nothing to discuss here until the legal process plays out but I can't help but think that maybe this makes it even easier to move on after this season.

I just don't want the guy around anymore.
[Reply]
oldman 07:50 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
From the Kansas City Chiefs team perspective -

1. Frank Clark's reported court date is October 18, 2021.
2. The NFL won't enforce any penalties until a legal conclusion has been reached.
3. Frank Clark's lawyers will make all efforts for a continuance, so the trial will probably not finish until after the 2021 NFL season.
4. Frank Clark will be playing for his career in 2021.
5. The Chiefs after 2021 will be able to make a decision on what they want to do with Frank Clark based on his legal status, playing performance, and the Chiefs cap situation.
This is what I've been saying. Did the weapon belong to his security team? I don't know, but it's kind of like having a kilo of blow in your car. You're the only one there, so it's your's. Was the stop legal? Again, who knows, but if it wasn't, fruit of the poisonous tree, end of discussion. Until we have all the facts, it's foolish to speculate on his future as a Chief.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 08:11 AM 06-22-2021
Always have a fall guy
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:19 AM 06-22-2021
I read an article this morning saying that he was charged with having a concealed weapon (along with saying that the gun belonged to his bodyguard). But it also says that the cop saw it in plain sight, sticking out of a gym bag. I don't know the Kalifornia laws, but if the cop saw it "in plain sight", then how is that considered concealed? And wouldn't $35000 be an extremely high bond for just a concealed weapon? I assume that's a felony charge out there, which is crazy. Concealed carry is perfectly legal in many states. I'll be glad when all the facts come out. Too many questions unanswered right now.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:26 AM 06-22-2021
It's an extremely LOW bail for a felony as Dane said earlier in the thread.
[Reply]
In58men 08:28 AM 06-22-2021
Dramatic Planet
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:29 AM 06-22-2021
If it was a full-auto Uzi...

https://www.therange702.com/blog/can...a-machine-gun/

Originally Posted by :
To legally own a machine gun, you first have to apply for approval from the federal government. After purchasing the gun, you must fill out an ATF Form 4 application and wait for approval before taking possession of the firearm. The FBI conducts a thorough background check using fingerprints and a photograph required with your application, which could take 9 to 12 months to process. The gun will need to stay in possession of the previous owner until the process is complete.

In addition, you will need to pay a $200 “NFA tax stamp” for each weapon transaction. If approved, you will receive your paperwork in the mail that includes a permit with the listed lawful possessor of the firearm. Only then can you take the machine gun home and possess it legally.

[Reply]
gblowfish 08:31 AM 06-22-2021
I smell blood in the water.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:34 AM 06-22-2021
What about a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range? Did he have one of those?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:36 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
What about a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range? Did he have one of those?
Just what you see, pal.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 08:41 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Fuck you and your dog whistling bullshit.

Actually, let me correct myself. It’s not even a dog whistle. You aren’t even trying to hide your dumb fuck racism.

God damn you’re a piece of shit.
So courageous and brave!

[Reply]
bdj23 08:57 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
If it was a full-auto Uzi...

https://www.therange702.com/blog/can...a-machine-gun/
It's not as hard as most people think to legally own a machine gun. I went to a gun show out by the airport and some old dude had an entire table full of em.
[Reply]
Mav 08:58 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I've seen semi-automatic Uzis for sale here in Illinois. They aren't illegal. But I wouldn't want a semi-auto version of any sort of spray and pray SMG.

It's not difficult for someone who knows what they're doing to make an AR, AK or many other sorts of semi-auto weapons fully auto. It's just illegal as hell to do it.

Fair enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:01 AM 06-22-2021
On June 4, a federal judge ruled that California's assault weapon ban was unconstitutional. Yesterday, US court of appeals issued a stay on that ruling. I wonder how that will affect the charges. I would assume that it would have no affect, because the Uzi, if fully automatic, is federally banned. But if it's a semi automatic, then that would be California law. Here's a piece of an article about the ruling.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit has blocked a federal judge’s ruling overturning California’s longtime ban on assault weapons, in which he likened an AR-15 to a Swiss Army knife.

A three-judge panel in a one-page order on Monday issued a stay of the June 4 order from U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez of the Southern District of California, in which the judge ruled that sections of the state ban in place since 1989 regarding military-style rifles are unconstitutional.
[Reply]
poolboy 09:05 AM 06-22-2021
I just read where he got an additional GC in March, this is his second offense this year

Three months earlier, on March 13, Clark and another man, Charles Smith, were arrested after officers observed and recovered two loaded firearms inside the vehicle during a traffic stop, according to California Highway Patrol records.

From the KC Star
[Reply]
Page 18 of 43
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up