ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2312 of 2688
« First < 1312181222122262230223082309231023112312 2313231423152316232223622412 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:33 AM 11-11-2022
what a badass

smoking defensive tackles and staring down his next victim with no fear

[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:14 AM 11-11-2022
Snapping necks and cashing checks!
[Reply]
staylor26 11:38 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I think Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson could step in and make any team a playoff contender at the very least. We've yet to see if Josh Allen will have the staying power and Lamar Jackson would require a complete switch in offensive scheme.

Mahomes could go anywhere and see immediate, lasting success, I'd think.
You continue to overrate Lamar Jackson.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:43 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You continue to overrate Lamar Jackson.
I disagree.

They've had bad defenses, dealt with tons of injuries, etc. yet he still leads that team to regular season wins at an impressive rate.

Which team would he not make an instant playoff contender?
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:38 PM 11-11-2022
I think Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson could step in and make any team a playoff contender at the very least. We've yet to see if Josh Allen will have the staying power and Lamar Jackson would require a complete switch in offensive scheme.

Mahomes could go anywhere and see immediate, lasting success, I'd think.
All it takes is a stodgy coaching staff (and there are a fuckton of those in the NFL) to limit or hamper what Lamar Jackson can do.

Ravens fans bitch about Greg Roman, but if they want Lamar to keep doing what he's doing, they really do depend on Roman to draw up some of those runs.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:11 PM 11-11-2022

Well, it’s November, which means the @Chiefs should feel PRETTY good about their chances going forward. With Patrick Mahomes under center, KC has won 23 straight games in the months of November and December. Since 1950 no other QB won more than 17 straight. pic.twitter.com/ZWaAUkvYeI

— trey wingo (@wingoz) November 11, 2022

[Reply]
suzzer99 02:30 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
what a badass

smoking defensive tackles and staring down his next victim with no fear

"Coach I'm gonna need next week off."
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:43 PM 11-11-2022
Some people here are forgetting that Lamar wasn't successful until they modeled an offense that minimized his weaknesses.

He's not going to be very successful in more traditional offenses. he needs the gimmicky rush offense with plenty of designed runs because he's not a good pocket passer. Put him in a traditional offense and he probably can't consistently get to the playoffs, depending on the division, of course.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:04 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Some people here are forgetting that Lamar wasn't successful until they modeled an offense that minimized his weaknesses.

He's not going to be very successful in more traditional offenses. he needs the gimmicky rush offense with plenty of designed runs because he's not a good pocket passer. Put him in a traditional offense and he probably can't consistently get to the playoffs, depending on the division, of course.

Originally Posted by RealSNR:
All it takes is a stodgy coaching staff (and there are a fuckton of those in the NFL) to limit or hamper what Lamar Jackson can do.

Ravens fans bitch about Greg Roman, but if they want Lamar to keep doing what he's doing, they really do depend on Roman to draw up some of those runs.

I've already mentioned that most teams would need a complete change in offensive scheme.

Assuming every team makes the switch, I think he makes any of them a playoff contender. Even if they don't, he's still a Michael Vick-level player in a traditional offense. I'm not sure he could take a team like Houston to the playoffs in a traditional offense, but I think he'd get close at the very least.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:16 PM 11-11-2022
I've already mentioned that most teams would need a complete change in offensive scheme.

Assuming every team makes the switch...
Ok, but that's a helluva caveat to add to, "can take any team to the playoffs".

That's more like, "can take any team who shit cans their OC and installs a completely different system and offensive talent to the playoffs"

It's a disqualifier to the question, is what it is. Because if they have to do that, they're not the same team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:25 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Ok, but that's a helluva caveat to add to, "can take any team to the playoffs".

That's more like, "can take any team who shit cans their OC and installs a completely different system and offensive talent to the playoffs"

It's a disqualifier to the question, is what it is. Because if they have to do that, they're not the same team.
Anybody that acquires him (assuming the Ravens expose him) is going to automatically retool their offensive coaching staff to accommodate him. It's a given.

I don't think he would excel in a traditional offense but that's almost not worth discussing because nobody is going to put him in that kind of offense to start with.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:28 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Anybody that acquires him (assuming the Ravens expose him) is going to automatically retool their offensive coaching staff to accommodate him. It's a given.
Which immediately disqualifies him from, "can take any team to the playoffs".

If you have to change the team, it isn't "any team".
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:34 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Which immediately disqualifies him from, "can take any team to the playoffs".

If you have to change the team, it isn't "any team".
I don't know man. I see both sides of it.

He technically could take any team to the playoffs because no team is going to force him into a traditional offense. The two ideas aren't separable to me.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:42 PM 11-11-2022

He technically could take any team to the playoffs because no team is going to force him into a traditional offense. The two ideas aren't separable to me.
But just assuming that every team is going to magically change their entire offense successfully is baffling.

The Ravens are one of the best organizations in football. Greg Roman is probably the perfect OC for a Lamar led offense, even with as much shit as he gets.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:45 PM 11-11-2022

I think there would be some personnel changes necessary for Lamar to be successful as well. OL has to be great at run blocking, you need a good TE as well.
[Reply]
Page 2312 of 2688
« First < 1312181222122262230223082309231023112312 2313231423152316232223622412 > Last »
Up