ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2262 of 2688
« First < 1262176221622212225222582259226022612262 2263226422652266227223122362 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
-King- 11:50 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Not like Tyreek was perfect. He was a major contributor to KC's turnover issues last year.

You're correct that it's too early to say in either direction, but I do think there is *potential* for Mahomes to be a better QB if he simply focuses on spreading the ball to various guys instead of trying to force the ball to a superstar player.
He was doing that because other than Kelce, the other options were Hardman, Pringle, and Robinson.

We could have still got Juju even with Hill here. And Mahomes would have still looked amazing.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:51 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Didn’t Ty’s replacement fumble?

Isn’t it just a tad early to declare this a win? I said it would be a win when we did it but I can’t claim that already nor should you
:-)

Imagine thinking it was a 1 for 1.

Trading Tyreek allowed us to have more depth at WR, a better/younger defense, and cap space flexibility moving forward.

I think it's already safe to say it was a smart move for the long run, and it already appears to be a smart move for the short term too.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:02 PM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Tyreeks replacement(s) from draft picks and money spent had 13 catches for 195 yards and 5 qb pressures.
Plus a couple more draft picks next year that will hopefully be legit contributors.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:16 PM 09-13-2022

[Reply]
jettio 12:42 PM 09-13-2022
Of all the NFL QBs that are considered the best ever for accuracy, Mahomes has the most variation in velocity and trajectory on his throws. Amazing talent, great attitude and fun to watch play.

We are so blessed to have this guy as our QB.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:51 PM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Check out his initial draft profile in 2017 on the NFL web site. It's very telling.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/patric...1-bb89191b4e71

They list a ton of strengths, and then look at the first six items on the list of weaknesses:

Can be inconsistent in his approach

Needs to play inside the offense and show more discipline

Too eager to go big game hunting

Ravenous appetite for the explosive play can also bring unwanted trouble

Willingness to default to playground style appears to limit his ability to get into a consistent rhythm

Needs to improve anticipatory reads and learn to take what the defense gives him

Every one of these is a strength if you're an open-minded coach/GM. But too many were locked into a box of what a quarterback should be, and that's how you end up with game manager quarterbacks. There's no doubt that a bunch of teams didn't see the talent because the talent wasn't cookie-cutter.
It's much easier to get a guy to dial it back than to dial it up, especially for guys with borderline talent.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:52 PM 09-13-2022
Not like Tyreek was perfect. He was a major contributor to KC's turnover issues last year.

You're correct that it's too early to say in either direction, but I do think there is *potential* for Mahomes to be a better QB if he simply focuses on spreading the ball to various guys instead of trying to force the ball to a superstar player.
Potential?

It's almost assuredly going to make Mahomes a better QB in the long run.

EDIT: I probably should have added that it ALREADY HAS made him better. We don't get to the showing we had on Sunday without the learning curve of last year, IMO.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:04 PM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Of all the NFL QBs that are considered the best ever for accuracy, Mahomes has the most variation in velocity and trajectory on his throws. Amazing talent, great attitude and fun to watch play.

We are so blessed to have this guy as our QB.
This thread should be a temple for worship and reverence. I sometimes think we shouldn't even type in this thread. We should only post photos of doves.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:14 PM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Potential?

It's almost assuredly going to make Mahomes a better QB in the long run.

EDIT: I probably should have added that it ALREADY HAS made him better. We don't get to the showing we had on Sunday without the learning curve of last year, IMO.
I don't take anything for granted, so that's why I said "potential" to get better by not having Tyreek as a crutch. I'm certainly hoping it will play out that way. We will see how it goes over the long haul.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:26 PM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This is all just positioning and public relations. I'm sure that he liked Mahomes if we assume that he knew anything about quarterbacks. But if he was that confident he would have traded up. You don't recognize the best quarterback in the world and then lose him because you didn't want to give up a second round pick in a trade. That's not a risk you take.

Half the GMs in the 1980s league have talked about how they saw Joe Montana's talent and would have taken him with their next pick if the 49ers hadn't taken him. In the third round.

The truth is that nine GMs didn't see Patrick Mahomes II's talent, and 22 others didn't see it well enough to engineer a trade up to get him. Only one team was smart enough to see his talent and make sure that they could get him.
There was a pro golfer in the Saints war room who confirmed the Saints were going to take Mahomes.

Golfer Ryan Palmer: Saints wanted Patrick Mahomes
Published: Apr 28, 2017

The Kansas City Chiefs paid a pretty penny to move up to the No. 10 overall pick to snare quarterback of the future, Patrick Mahomes.

The reason Andy Reid and John Dorsey needed to give up two first-round picks and a third-rounder to secure Mahomes is that they believed another team was eyeing the quarterback.

The speculation during the draft was that the New Orleans Saints targeted the big-armed Texas Tech product at No. 11 to be their heir to Drew Brees.

That speculation was confirmed from an odd source on Friday.

Golfer Ryan Palmer was in the Saints' war room on Thursday night, along with fellow golfer Jordan Spieth. Palmer told reporters on Friday the Saints were "really big into Mahomes."

https://www.nfl.com/news/golfer-ryan...p3000000803944
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:32 PM 09-13-2022
LOL

[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:03 PM 09-13-2022
Plus a couple more draft picks next year that will hopefully be legit contributors.

not to mention the salary cap considerations and what that will allow us to do elsewhere
[Reply]
DRM08 04:22 PM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
not to mention the salary cap considerations and what that will allow us to do elsewhere
No kidding. Hopefully the money can be spent in a wise manner on the OL and defense. Gotta avoid some of the mistakes like the Frank Clark contract in the future.

I think it's pretty amazing you can have Kelce at $14M compared to receivers demanding $30M. Kelce is worth every penny. He's an incredible player, but he also has none of the ego that seems to exist with the big time WR's.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:42 PM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Deep in the pit of his soul, Sean Payton knows that he's still coaching if he'd have drafted Mahomes. And that he'd be coaching for another 15 years. And he'd go down among the all-time great coaches.

He can sit there and chuckle and talk about how happy they were about getting Lattimore all he wants. He can say "we both won" if it makes him feel better. But this Thursday he'll be sitting at home watching that game knowing full well that he'd be on his way to being an historical coaching icon if he'd have swapped places with the Bengals.

And man, if he really got out of that meeting and told his staff "hey, keep this stuff secret because THAT'S our QBOTF..." how do you not flip a 2nd out there to get him and just knock it out?
I think he's really just not trying to put Lattimore down. You can tell they would have absolutely drafted Mahomes over Lattimore while fist pumping. He just doesn't want to hurt Lattimores feelings.
[Reply]
Pants 06:10 PM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
LOL

There are no superlatives left.
[Reply]
Page 2262 of 2688
« First < 1262176221622212225222582259226022612262 2263226422652266227223122362 > Last »
Up