ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 284 of 324
« First < 184234274280281282283284 285286287288294 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:42 AM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
:-)... So who would you have signed. The info is out there, so who?
I thought the Falcons got a bargain for McGary when they signed him right around the time Taylor was signed.

But let me guess, you think Taylor is worth the extra $45 million because someday he may learn how to line up onside?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:53 AM 12-12-2023
Using the just keep Wylie mantra is pretty ehhh.

Wanya Morris looks like a capable starter at OT that is a good find in round 3. I'd say the 2 things that really hurt as far as adding Hopkins were #1, Chris Jones being a moron. #2 Using pick 1 on FAU.

Moves should have been made at WR no question but they weren't going to flush Skyy Moore 1 year into a second round pick and MVS makes 11 million dollars.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:56 AM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
I thought the Falcons got a bargain for McGary when they signed him right around the time Taylor was signed.

But let me guess, you think Taylor is worth the extra $45 million because someday he may learn how to line up onside?
$45 million... It's $25 million, over 3 years, and he was never projected as someone who could play LT. See below: He was never probably considered here as his skills didn't fit our needs.

https://www.nfl.com/news/falcons-re-...5-million-deal

Originally Posted by :
The former first-rounder put together his best career season in 2022 after the club declined to exercise his fifth-year option, rounding out to become one of the most vital pieces of a rushing attack that led the league with 559 attempts and was third in yards gained with 2,718.

McGary headed that charge from the right side of the line, improving his previous high of a 72.2 run blocking grade from PFF to a stellar 91.6 last season, which ranked behind only Trent Williams and teammate Chris Lindstrom.

Although his pass blocking remains inconsistent, there's no team that needs a run-blocking force like the Falcons.
Again, we signed Taylor as a potential LT, if we couldn't find a FA to fill that spot. Oh, and the penalties for alignment, just stop, that was a hit job after the Collinsworth bullshit...
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:58 AM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
And while we were looking for a LT and a RT, it was months and months before Hopkins got released.

Wylie has been complete ass in Washington BTW.

Again the revisionist history here is just reeruned.
Hopkins was available by trade months before he was ultimately released.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:59 AM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
:-) The irony of pointing towards Wylie and saying Mahomes made it work for an MVP season when it's literally the exact same WR room besides swapping JJSS for Rice, who is tracking to have a nearly identical season to 2022 JJSS.
Besides swapping out a veteran WR who led all Chiefs WR's last year in receptions and receiving yards for a rookie... yes the "exact same WR room".

:-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:59 AM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Using the just keep Wylie mantra is pretty ehhh.

Wanya Morris looks like a capable starter at OT that is a good find in round 3. I'd say the 2 things that really hurt as far as adding Hopkins were #1, Chris Jones being a moron. #2 Using pick 1 on FAU.

Moves should have been made at WR no question but they weren't going to flush Skyy Moore 1 year into a second round pick and MVS makes 11 million dollars.
I don't get why people keep bringing up Chris Jones. It had nothing to do with it.

If Veach wanted to create some artificial restriction where he can't sign FA's based on what Chris Jones was going to do it was completely self-created.

Mahomes roster bonus was always there to grab what was needed. They could have converted some and left it sitting there unused for traded deadline too.

Then even if no one is there, the money rolls forward.

Just basic cap management and our GM doesn't seem to understand how to do it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:01 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Besides swapping out a veteran WR who led all Chiefs WR's last year in receptions and receiving yards for a rookie... yes the "exact same WR room".

Oh yeah, it is exactly the same except they never replaced the veteran WR who ran the routes correctly, got open and caught the ball.

You had one guy that was reliable in the WR room and you take him away and elevate clowns like Skyy Moore and people declare "exactly the same"!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:02 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He was running for his life last year. Penalties have been a problem but the pass pro from the tackles have been significantly better.

Orlando and Wylie are at the top of PFF yet again for pressures given up. Here's what Jawaan has done in pass pro:

17 penalties.

17 penalties.

17 penalties.

He needs to bring more to the table than the "11th best pass block win rate" to justify being the second highest paid RT in the NFL.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:04 PM 12-12-2023

2022 JJSS: 78 receptions for 933 yards and 3 TDs

2023 Rice: projected 77 receptions for 867 yards and 8 TDs

And yes, Rice CAN do the same shit Juju did. We just saw him do it against the Bills.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:04 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Oh yeah, it is exactly the same except they never replaced the veteran WR who ran the routes correctly, got open and caught the ball.

You had one guy that was reliable in the WR room and you take him away and elevate clowns like Skyy Moore and people declare "exactly the same"!
Yep and Rice has been used much more limited in terms of his variety of routes and # of snaps until recently compared to JuJu last season.

Rice has exceeded expectations no doubt, but to compare his impact as a rookie WR in an Andy Reid offense to what JuJu brought as a veteran WR last season is laughable.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:05 PM 12-12-2023
17 penalties.

17 penalties.

17 penalties.

He needs to bring more to the table than the "11th best pass block win rate" to justify being the second highest paid RT in the NFL.
I understand the Jawaan move. I think they overpaid for the "could move to left tackle" piece and they overpaid a bit because they wanted 1 guy that could be left alone without help. There's value to that so I don't think the signing was terrible.

But when you throw in the penalties you can't say we are getting value there this year.

If Wanya hits that will give us the value back we lost on doing the Jawaan deal.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:07 PM 12-12-2023

And yes, Rice CAN do the same shit Juju did. We just saw him do it against the Bills.

He is not the same player and as you have already said their usage has been different.

I think Rice does need to move to the chain mover role NOW. Good signs in the Buffalo game but no more babying him. We need him now so use him now.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:10 PM 12-12-2023

No, not really. JJSS was much better at finding the soft spots in zones than Rice is right now. JJSS had a better release package. And he ran a better route. Which are all part of the reasons that Rice isn't running more downfield routes, or why he's been running so many screens and shorter routes so far, however you want to look at it.

Of course, all of these things are due to Rice being a rookie, and just not having enough experience. He can rise to those levels, and surpass them (hopefully), but right now, Rice isn't on the same level as a WR in terms of skillsets that JJSS was for us last season.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:11 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I understand the Jawaan move. I think they overpaid for the "could move to left tackle" piece and they overpaid a bit because they wanted 1 guy that could be left alone without help. There's value to that so I don't think the signing was terrible.

But when you throw in the penalties you can't say we are getting value there this year.

If Wanya hits that will give us the value back we lost on doing the Jawaan deal.
Is Taylor better than OBJ? We were either signing OBJ for his asking price, probably north of $20 mil at the time or we were replacing him. OBJ found out the market was soft on his skills and signed for less. As I asked Tex, what would you have done?

And again, stop with the penalties. Even some of the holding calls have been marginal compared to the Oline's opponents in the same game. They officials, as has been said many times, obviously have his number. That will subside.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:14 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No, not really. JJSS was much better at finding the soft spots in zones than Rice is right now. JJSS had a better release package. And he ran a better route. Which are all part of the reasons that Rice isn't running more downfield routes, or why he's been running so many screens and shorter routes so far, however you want to look at it.

Of course, all of these things are due to Rice being a rookie, and just not having enough experience. He can rise to those levels, and surpass them (hopefully), but right now, Rice isn't on the same level as a WR in terms of skillsets that JJSS was for us last season.
Correct.

I prefer the talent of Rice but to this point JuJu has not been replaced and Mahomes has had ZERO WR's he trusts to run their routes and be where he expects them to be.

Rice needs to be used as a chain mover now because we don't have viable NFL WR's elsewhere on the roster.
[Reply]
Page 284 of 324
« First < 184234274280281282283284 285286287288294 > Last »
Up