ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 374 of 382
« First < 274324364370371372373374 375376377378 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 03:42 PM 09-05-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Not sure who all needs to hear this
Who doesn't like a Hawaiian pineapple pizza with some pumpkin beer and bacon cheesecake.
[Reply]
scho63 06:10 PM 09-05-2023
IMHO a single flavored beer is the best. It lets that single leading ingredient shine.

Sam Adams Summer Ale - lemon
Hell or High Mango - Mango
Founders Breakfast Stout - Coffee
Lindeman's Kriek - Cherry
New Belgium Citradelic - Tangerine
Yuengling Hershey’s Porter - Chocolate

I think when you try to do too much, you wind up doing nothing.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:31 PM 09-05-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
IMHO a single flavored beer is the best. It lets that single leading ingredient shine.

Sam Adams Summer Ale - lemon
Hell or High Mango - Mango
Founders Breakfast Stout - Coffee
Lindeman's Kriek - Cherry
New Belgium Citradelic - Tangerine
Yuengling Hershey’s Porter - Chocolate

I think when you try to do too much, you wind up doing nothing.
I hate to break this to you but Founder's Breakfast Stout contains both coffee and chocolate. The rest of those beers are OK.

That being said, I've had well balanced and tasty beers that had multiple adjuncts. It's all about balance. Lots of beers have too much of one ingredient and are just as unbalanced as any beer with multiple adjuncts.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:34 AM 09-06-2023
Speaking of beer pilgrimages, my trip to Decorah for TG and Pulpit Rock was two years ago today, and had met the legendary KCU that weekend as well.

[Reply]
Graystoke 09:13 AM 09-06-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Oh man, I ssssooooo want to try that one, but haven't found it anywhere yet.
What did I tell you!
I believe we have it in local Hy-Vee wine and spirits right now.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:16 AM 09-06-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Speaking of beer pilgrimages, my trip to Decorah for TG and Pulpit Rock was two years ago today, and had met the legendary KCU that weekend as well.

Haha!

Can't believe that was 2 years ago

We'll have to do round 2 in the near future
[Reply]
BWillie 09:18 AM 09-06-2023
The best beer is the one that tastes like beer the least...you know the most watered down so you can't taste the shitty...I'd say that is probably Michelob Ultra or Bud Select.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:20 AM 09-06-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The best beer is the one that tastes like beer the least...you know the most watered down so you can't taste the shitty...I'd say that is probably Michelob Ultra or Bud Select.
I know this is a foreign concept to you but people like different things than you do. It's ok. I don't like the Fast and Furious movies either but it's OK that you binge them.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:36 AM 09-06-2023
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
What did I tell you!
I believe we have it in local Hy-Vee wine and spirits right now.
I found a place ~30 minutes away that has the Caramel Apple Fandango, Berry Patch Fandango, and Ginger Snap Fresh Batch... just need to get my ass there.

I'll let you know if that doesn't work out though!
[Reply]
Shag 09:41 AM 09-06-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Thanks for your contribution to the beer thread. Please find the vodka soda thread for any future comments.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:46 AM 09-06-2023
I booted him... he's been in here 3 different times just to tell us he doesn't like beer.

And then PM'd me to ask about beer.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Graystoke 10:41 AM 09-06-2023
As a note:
If there is ever another pilgrimage to Toppling Goliath planned please let me know.
Would love to meet up there, tour TP, Pulpit and even Pivo in Calmar IA.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:15 AM 09-06-2023
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
As a note:
If there is ever another pilgrimage to Toppling Goliath planned please let me know.
Would love to meet up there, tour TP, Pulpit and even Pivo in Calmar IA.
Really hoping to pass through again, even though it might be a year or more down the road.
[Reply]
RockChalk 11:19 AM 09-06-2023
If any of you are into good Marzen-style beers (Oktoberfest), give Ska Brewing Oktoberfest a taste. Wife and I were on vacation in Buena Vista, CO, last week and a bar received a fresh keg of the 2023 version. Damn good beer. Picked up a six pack yesterday and it's just as good.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:55 PM 09-06-2023
:-)

Picked up a couple 4 packs, plus they had some WeldWerks. They apparently suck at untappd inventory because they didn't have the ginger snap stout or some others. Mentioned "stout season" starts in a month, lame.

And TG nails it again, it's fantastic. :-)

[Reply]
Page 374 of 382
« First < 274324364370371372373374 375376377378 > Last »
Up