ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 26
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Single Men Own Cat(s)?
BEAVER 12:01 PM 03-24-2023
This topic came up at the bar last night.

My take - Single guy owning a cat = Beta and should not happen.

There are some extenuating circumstances by which one might end up with a cat. Dead Wife, Girlfriend, Mom, Sister.

But if a single guy actually makes the effort to get a cat as a pet? Unacceptable.

I knew the final word could be found here on CP. This place is a bastion of what is right.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:23 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:

Yup. Any cat that shows up on my property gets buckshot.

Song birds are awesome. Cats aren't.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:24 PM 03-24-2023
I had a stray cat show up at my house right before I met my future wife. Took it in. It ended up being a cool cat. So it didn’t **** up my future. 33 years later she’s still around.

The cat only lasted 2.5 years before a car flattened it. Never had a cat before or after that one. So from my experience with cats, they were cool. But I’ve always had a dog or two.
[Reply]
loochy 03:38 PM 03-24-2023
I missed most of today's conversation on this, but:

Who cares what's "beta" or not? If you like cats, then get a cat. You know what's really beta? Giving a damn what others think is beta.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:42 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They've chewed up the spark plug wire in my mower twice over the last few years. 2 years ago, we had a opossum take up residence in that building and the mice really haven't been back.

The real kicker was the time I discovered they chewed through about $250 of pro audio cables, including wiring inside of a speaker cabinet.
the chewed through your kicker nooo how are you going to listen to kottonmouth kings
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 03:44 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BEAVER:
This topic came up at the bar last night.

My take - Single guy owning a cat = Beta and should not happen.

There are some extenuating circumstances by which one might end up with a cat. Dead Wife, Girlfriend, Mom, Sister.

But if a single guy actually makes the effort to get a cat as a pet? Unacceptable.

I knew the final word could be found here on CP. This place is a bastion of what is right.
If he is gay, sure. Real men own pitbulls.

BIG DADDY
Just had to say it.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:47 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Yup. Any cat that shows up on my property gets buckshot.

Song birds are awesome. Cats aren't.
Dude what a fucking alpha you are
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:50 PM 03-24-2023
Lew is reading this thread and amending his "list" as we type.
[Reply]
seclark 03:52 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:

BIG DADDY
Just had to say it.
What if they’re feral cats that haven’t had any shots?
sec
[Reply]
carcosa 03:53 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:

BIG DADDY
Just had to say it.
ok now this is epic
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:53 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Dude what a ****ing alpha you are
I see a problem, I deal with it.

Now I just need Mark Davis to wonder upon my property. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:54 PM 03-24-2023
What a dumbass thread :-)

I actually do prefer dogs and wish I could have one, but between the fact that I've never had success house training one and that I'd have to leave it home alone for 8-10 hours a day just makes it unrealistic

About 10 years ago the cat lady across the streets husband died and she moved shortly after, she took about 15 and turned another 15 or so loose... thats I how came to own Fanny, the sweetest little cat ever

She loves to cuddle, always comes when I call her, and she's always following me around the house, very much like a dog

Cats can be great pets, some of the posts here are just pure cringe
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:10 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
Cranking over my forklift the other day and it wouldn't start. Popped the seat up and behold, a mouse nest and chewed up cords.

I'm thinking about putting a cat in the roundtop the forklift is stored in. Mother fuckers.
If you can keep your other critters out, put an autowaterer full of antifreeze out and take care of those god fucking mice. But if you have other cats, get another cat.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:18 PM 03-24-2023
In 7 hours there are 177 posts in a thread about a man owning a cat. If that isn’t a day in the life of a ChiefsPlanet offseason, I don’t know what is.

Anyway, who cares if a single guy has a cat? Even in the offseason. What’s acceptable? A gerbil? That seems even weirder to me. Cats are OK. We have one and she catches every mouse and other small creature that enters our property, the dog sure as hell doesn’t do that. She requires no maintenance and loves to sit on the toilet and watch me shave. No idea why, but it makes me feel cool.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:18 PM 03-24-2023
Weird thread. And a strange lens to view the world and other men through.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 07:19 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by seclark:
What if they’re feral cats that haven’t had any shots?
sec
Barn cats are cool, if you got a barn.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 26
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up