ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 219 of 240
« First < 119169209215216217218219 220221222223229 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:48 AM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I like the way Kyle Shanahan calls games better......
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
If Mahomes is Michael Jordan, Andy Reid is Doug Collins.

Chiefs will need a Phil Jackson to get over the top.
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I have a much better idea:

Let's count on Andy to continue being Andy in all of his "Andyness"( high fat diet included ), and hope that our version of post-Reid Philadelphia comes sooner rather than later.

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
"Wannabe" what?

I wannabe not watching Reid choke on another playoff dick?

I wannabe enshrining Mahomes in to the Hall of Fame instead of the Chiefs Hall of Shame and Wasted Careers( all welcome our newest members DJ and J. Charles! )???

I wannabe watching a Head Coach that can coach the ENTIRE team and who understands that those shifting numerical digits on the scoreboard are an indicator of the passage of time?

I wannabe not listening to the same dip shit spouting the same ****ing line of garbage about how it's "on him", and he'll "get that fixed" every time he ****s up, but never actually DOES anything to correct the exact same ****ups he makes over and over again?

I wannabe free from listening to delusional idiots continuously defending said clown shoe on the basis of nothing but hope rather than any solid track record of championship performance?
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
I think the frustration is that his problems are so easy to fix, yet they never get fixed.

Every GDT, about 10-20 posters, in real time, are screaming at Andy when to call/not call a timeout, challenge/not challenge, run/pass on this play, which play not to run in which situation, etc., when and how to burn clock, and they're almost always right.

Yes, we all know how talented Reid is at crafting offenses, but he sucks at things that high school coaches and multiple forum posters know how to do. Even a modicum of humility would make him realize this, yet even with Mahomes' career and health on the line, he won't make the adjustments.

I made the analogy a few years ago that he's like an elite receiver with an untied shoelace who insists on keeping it untied, even though it costs him games. The analogy appears just as relevant now as it was before.
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
It’s time for Andy to go. He runs too loose of a ship. His teams are too undisciplined to win anything of substance
Originally Posted by bricks:
The Fatso problem

Chiefs fans its important to know,

Fatsos teams are nothing but a regular season show.

Many fantasize about winning a title,

Fatso, however, will put those dreams on idle.

To Fatso’s credit; he got paid,

And he rewarded us with Mahomo which is our foundational piece laid.

We think of Mahomo as that “magical” thrill,

yet he is overruled by Fatsos poor game management skills.

Evidence suggests that Fatso has no game management flow,

and accounts for many of the games that the Chiefs blow.

Many of us are aware that he can’t adjust,

that is why he is a bust.

His overall prestige may be solid as a rock,

But oh how mind baffling is it that he can’t even manage a clock?!?!?!

In close tight games those miscues will spell shame,

And when that time comes, fatso will be the name to blame.

Disappointing playoff losses make his regular season profile more valid,

Perhaps the only bowl he will hoist will be that of a salad?
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
We're not winning with this defense and we're certainly not winning with this fraud of a coach, period :-) .
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Dude...I want Minnesota's OC.

They can really run. Their Oline BLOCKS.
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Precipice of discovering?

Andy Reid is an open book, not some kind of secret. He's the offensive version of Marty Schottenheimer. Andy is a great stop-gap Head Coach if your offense is broken. He can fix your offensive, stabilize your team and get you to the playoffs.

You sign Andy for 5 yrs and then you move on, Perfect.
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Andy is a great coach in every aspect except when the game is close and on the line. He does not have the killer instinct to put teams away. We have seen Andy's team choke away games in every conceivable manner now. He is a jinx that stands there like he expects the team to lose-no emotion- just stoic, ready to go down with the ship and fall on his sword during the press conference afterward. Nothing ever changes with this guy.
Originally Posted by Spott:
Reid is the Alex Smith of coaching.
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I LOVE ANDY REID
Some gems here. I love this thread.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:01 AM 05-10-2020
Rabble has at least seen the error of his ways. Sweet daddy hate most likely still thinks Andy is a terrible coach. I'm pretty sure he said Tom Cable was just as good of a HC as Andy. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 10:04 AM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Chiefs will need a Phil Jackson to get over the top.
What. A. Fucking. Moron.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:29 AM 05-10-2020
I'm still waiting for a Chiefs fan to tell me what game management entails.

Some of them legit believe it's only about calling plays, and they believe calling plays is as easy as it is on Madden.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:31 AM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Some of them legit believe it's only about calling plays, and they believe calling plays is as easy as it is on Madden.
If a play doesn’t work it was a bad call. Execution is irrelevant!
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:34 AM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If a play doesn’t work it was a bad call. Execution is irrelevant!
And who's responsible for that execution?!

Who's responsible for a player committing a penalty?!

Who's responsible for every QB overthrow, RB fumble, and whiffed tackle?!

Fire Andy!!!!
[Reply]
staylor26 10:41 AM 05-10-2020
And who's responsible for that execution?!

Who's responsible for a player committing a penalty?!

Who's responsible for every QB overthrow, RB fumble, and whiffed tackle?!

Fire Andy!!!!
Oh of course. It’s also his fault that Dee Ford forgot where to line up on the biggest play of the game/season! He was supposed to remind him!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:51 AM 05-10-2020
Bringing on Spagnuolo was such a good move. As long as he's here and his players are performing at that level I see no reason why we aren't winning multiple championships. Even injuries this year to key players couldn't stop us in the end.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:53 AM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Bringing on Spagnuolo was such a good move. As long as he's here and his players are performing at that level I see no reason why we aren't winning multiple championships. Even injuries this year to key players couldn't stop us in the end.
Wait, I was told this was a bad move? Hamas said we should’ve went with somebody like John Pagano.

:-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:54 AM 05-10-2020
A lot of people were down on Spags and they had a pretty good argument. He has utterly failed before but it worked here.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:58 AM 05-10-2020
Too damn bad he didn't come a year earlier. No doubt in my mind we'd be repeating Super Bowl champions right now.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:03 AM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
A lot of people were down on Spags and they had a pretty good argument. He has utterly failed before but it worked here.
No, they didn’t. They were judging him based on bad situations on bad teams with little talent.

You’re talking like the guy doesn’t have a SB ring holding one of the best offenses in NFL history to 14 points (the same way they were). If you’re only going to acknowledge his failures and try to diminish his biggest accomplishment that’s not a “good argument”.

Hence why they were completely wrong.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:16 AM 05-10-2020

The thing that I hate, and Andy is not the only one who does this, is when it’s the 2 minute drill and a play is made and literally 40 seconds goes off the clock and we have 2 time outs. So then we only have like 20 seconds left at the 40 yard line.

It’s like these coaches don’t know what a clock is
[Reply]
staylor26 11:19 AM 05-10-2020
Who would’ve known Spags would have more success with Reid/Veach/Mahomes than he did with the post Bountygate Saints and Ben fucking McAdoo’s Giants?

Who could’ve seen that coming?
[Reply]
Hoover 11:23 AM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by :
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Thats funny.

Phil Jackson was so successful because he bought into the triangle, an actual team offensive scheme. That's Reid. Collins IMO would be any other coach, who would just let Mahomes be Mahomes feed the ball to his star.

Jordan didn't like the change, but bought into the team concept. Mahomes was lucky not to have to wait to find the right coach/system. The result is championships.
[Reply]
Page 219 of 240
« First < 119169209215216217218219 220221222223229 > Last »
Up