ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 38
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:37 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
Nothing about DK was obvious, except for the fact he looked great shirtless

He lasted till the end of the 2nd round for reasons. DK being an elite receiver was a big surprise. Dude didn’t do much at Ole Miss. Hardman and DK both had pros and cons as prospects.

Obviously Veach was wrong but it wasn’t some obvious miss at the time. No front office in the NFL saw them as 1st rounders, which is why both were available in the 2nd
Replace DK with McLaurin then.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:38 AM 09-26-2022

He lasted till the end of the 2nd round for reasons. DK being an elite receiver was a big surprise. Dude didn’t do much at Ole Miss. Hardman and DK both had pros and cons as prospects.

Obviously Veach was wrong but it wasn’t some obvious miss at the time. No front office in the NFL saw them as 1st rounders, which is why both were available in the 2nd
Dk Metcalfs con was his 3 cone, so people got all indignant about it...lets not factor in that a dude the size of a TE that runs faster than 99% of the league is probably gonna get open even if he doesn't cut super fast.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:38 AM 09-26-2022
I mean this team thought it was more valuable to draft CEH than Tee Higgins.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:39 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup.

This is the most conventional group we've had since Hill was drafted.

We have to react accordingly. Trying to force your system on a mismatched roster is a recipe for disaster.
I don’t understand why we don’t. You have to guess that Bienemy wants to run the ball.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:40 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Dk Metcalfs con was his 3 cone, so people got all indignant about it...lets not factor in that a dude the size of a TE that runs faster than 99% of the league is probably gonna get open even if he doesn't cut super fast.
I may be wrong, but I think he also had injury concerns and barely any college production. Which makes you ask why a guy that big and fast can’t produce in college.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:40 AM 09-26-2022
I mean this team thought it was more valuable to draft CEH than Tee Higgins.
That's the real problem. They didn't build to the overall scheme. The way they use RB's, they should never invest that highly in the position.

I mean, say whatever about CEH - he's still an NFL RB. So is McKinnon.

We don't run the ball enough, or correctly. That's the real issue.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:40 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I don’t understand why we don’t. You have to guess that Bienemy wants to run the ball.
To be fair it's kind of a complacent coaching staff too, outside of 1 or 2 guys it's the same voices every year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:41 AM 09-26-2022
Yup.

We have to react accordingly. Trying to force your system on a mismatched roster is a recipe for disaster.
Exactly.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:41 AM 09-26-2022
WHAT?

A 6-4 chiseled adonis that runs a 4.3 forty who's game is based on getting downfield and taking the top off a defense? You couldn't predict that'd be a good match with Mahomes?

Seemed pretty damn obvious to me.

I was pining for the guy the entire offseason. A lot of people were.

To me, it was obvious. As obvious as Mahomes was. As obvious as Pickens should've been.

But hell, what the fuck do i know?

Apparently i know that sometimes you don't need to overthink shit. The people who doubted Mahomes over thought it. (Oh my god! look at his footwork! Oh my god, that'll get picked in the league!) Those who doubted Metcalf, over thought it. (Oh my gosh, did you see his cone drill? oh he can't play in this league!)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:44 AM 09-26-2022
Yup.

I’ll agree with this.

The interior of the line is too talented on paper to be so unproductive in the running game.

If I give you a piece of cheese, two slices of bread, some butter, and a skillet, just make a damn grilled cheese. You aren’t turning that into prime rib no matter how hard you try.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:44 AM 09-26-2022
People thought a guy that big and fast couldn't figure out how to cut and turn left. :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:45 AM 09-26-2022
This team, as shitty as it is to say, Needs to just active Ronald Jones, use the FB and multiple TE's and just fire off the ****ing ball and run it up the ass. Use PA to create space for Pat.
Yep

Mahomes pointing out the hole to CEH ... he ended up bouncing it and getting tackled for a loss pic.twitter.com/RWjs5VlOq3

— Steven Ruiz (@theStevenRuiz) September 26, 2022

[Reply]
Mecca 10:45 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’ll agree with this.

The interior of the line is too talented on paper to be so unproductive in the running game.

If I give you a piece of cheese, two slices of bread, some butter, and a skillet, just make a damn grilled cheese. You aren’t turning that into prime rib no matter how hard you try.
They refuse to stop with the shitty OZ and read option bullshit. Just pound the fucking rock, the interior of the line is more athletic than the OT's for christ sake.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:46 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yep

Something being lost here on how this team doesn't adapt...they keep not activating Ronald Jones for games when he's the best ball carrier they have. They'd rather have 3 guys who are similar to each other...what's that say?
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:47 AM 09-26-2022

#Chiefs snap count vs the Colts.
-Skyy Moore up to 9 on offense this week
-Joshua Williams no defensive snaps
-Leo Chenal only 11 on defense pic.twitter.com/gghjmcNGOG

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) September 26, 2022

[Reply]
Page 13 of 38
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up