ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Former Packers OC Nathanial Hackett to be Donks HC
cmh6476 09:08 AM 01-27-2022
hmmmm

The #Broncos will make Nathaniel Hackett their new head coach, according to a report from NFL Network. https://t.co/TDnuxelif9

— Broncos Wire (@TheBroncosWire) January 27, 2022

[Reply]
BlackOp 04:29 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Rodgers is a foolish idea.
Please sign him...your fanbase deserves it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:38 PM 01-28-2022
The problem is what do you do if no Rodgers? Not a great amount of options unfortunately. Maybe Russell Wilson? He's younger but not much and he'll probably cost 2 firsts this year at the very least, maybe even a 1st next year.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:41 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The problem is what do you do if no Rodgers? Not a great amount of options unfortunately. Maybe Russell Wilson? He's younger but not much and he'll probably cost 2 firsts this year at the very least, maybe even a 1st next year.
I’d go for Rodgers, then Russ if that didn’t work out.

If both don’t work out all you can do is scout the hell out of these QB’s while you find your bridge QB, whoever that is.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:56 PM 01-28-2022
Being honest here…I think Hackett was a decent hire. They needed an offensive coach badly which is why I wanted them to get Quinn.

He isn’t Andy tho
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:03 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dunno... it all depends on the costs.

Rodgers - 38, doubt there is a deal I would accept for the short term.

Wilson - 33, I could buy into a multi-pick over 2 drafts deal

Outside of that, maybe you're looking at Cousins or Jimmy G and neither does much for me. Then it's keep Lock and draft a QB.

There may not be a great answer, if there's not - so be it. They made that bed by screwing up previous QB draft picks and not getting Allen.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:17 PM 01-28-2022
I agree.

I could see Rodgers signing a 3 year deal with Denver and then deciding a year in to retire. There's no predicting what he'll do.

He's got that "fuck it. Ima' go play racquetball" look to him...
[Reply]
staylor26 05:23 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Being honest here…I think Hackett was a decent hire. They needed an offensive coach badly which is why I wanted them to get Quinn.

He isn’t Andy tho
If we’re being honest, we have no idea what kind of hire he’s going to be. Not only is he a first time HC, but he didn’t even call the plays in GB. I know that he’s called plays in the past, but he got fired doing that.

If it were as simple as hiring an offensive minded HC, then the Bears would’ve had success with Nagy.

What people like me and htismaqe are saying is that if this hire is based solely around attracting Rodgers, that reeks of desperation.
[Reply]
MagicHef 05:34 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’d go for Rodgers, then Russ if that didn’t work out.

If both don’t work out all you can do is scout the hell out of these QB’s while you find your bridge QB, whoever that is.
I'm hoping for a QB in the draft, with Lock being the bridge for next year. I'd also be okay with Wilson. Not really excited about giving up the whole team for Rodgers.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:39 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If we’re being honest, we have no idea what kind of hire he’s going to be. Not only is he a first time HC, but he didn’t even call the plays in GB. I know that he’s called plays in the past, but he got fired doing that.

If it were as simple as hiring an offensive minded HC, then the Bears would’ve had success with Nagy.

What people like me and htismaqe are saying is that if this hire is based solely around attracting Rodgers, that reeks of desperation.
I think Nagy got railroaded but Ryan Pace. He did a good job and never got a fair shake
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:03 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I agree.

I could see Rodgers signing a 3 year deal with Denver and then deciding a year in to retire. There's no predicting what he'll do.

He's got that "fuck it. Ima' go play racquetball" look to him...
Yep, and if things don’t go well year 1, could be a nail in the coffin. Lots of variables with getting Rodgers. If I was a Dungver fan :-) I’d be like MHM and not want to do the deal. What has he shown that makes you think he’s capable of winning a SB in the last decade? He’s a choker, and has had some pretty stacked teams. He’s shown he won’t put everything on the line to get to a SB. Really selling out their future for a not guaranteed shot at playoffs seems very dumb. But I bet there’s quite a few Dungkeys fans that think he’s the cure all for all their woes. I hope they trade a boatload for him. They still have a rookie HC, while we have arguably the best coach in the league. The best quarterback in the league, the best TE in the league, and a top 3 WR. And all of them are battle tested, and so very on the same page. Bring on Rodgers, will be comical to see him in an actual competitive division, and conference. He’ll choke, like he always does.

On a side note I see the Russ thing being a better option, but I can’t for the life of me figure out why Seattle has kept Carrol, when it’s likely to drive away the best quarterback they’ve had in decades. If I’m Seattle, I’d fire Carrol and bring in a new coach. Russ isn’t declining, he’s just stuck in purgatory.
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:43 PM 09-12-2022
Great time management skills
[Reply]
New World Order 09:44 PM 09-12-2022
General Pay-a-TON sure knows how to pick em
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:52 PM 09-12-2022
I like him
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:55 PM 09-12-2022
He was the only rookie HC to lose in week one.
[Reply]
PHOG 06:20 AM 09-13-2022
Great hire :-)
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up