ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Burrows: I played in the SEC. None of these NFL stadiums can be that loud.
BigRedChief 06:06 PM 01-25-2022
Someone needs to remind Mr. Burrow’s he’s playing in the loudest stadium in the world on Sunday.

To be fair, Joe has never played at Arrowhead. Having said that, he is in for a rude awakening.

There is no place louder in sports and it’s not up for debate. pic.twitter.com/OKJCHlZj09

— (@lt4kicks) January 24, 2022

[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:10 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I find it hard to believe Arrowhead is that much louder than say Alabama's stadium which seats 25k more people but anyway it doesn't matter. Josh Allen played at Wyoming and the crowd noise didn't bother him. The crowd noise will have less impact on Burrow than his shit offensive line.
at least in my experience, it is.....and I think there are legitimate reasons why:

1. Stadium design: most stadiums in CF are older designs fabricated before noise impact was a real thing or a consideration for design...Arrowhead was designed for noise. Additionally, Arrowhead is a very "compact" stadium, where a lot of college stadiums are fairly wide open and sprawling (I suppose to accommodate 80-90K in fans)
2. Split crowds: In SEC, you have to figure 30 - 40% (a total guess) are fans from the visiting school, as opposed to Arrowhead where it's probably 90-95% Chiefs fans. 90% of 70K >>>> 60% of 90K. At any one time, during key points in the game, you might have 40% of the crowd quiet.....
3. College Kids: a large proportion of the crowd are drunk ass college kids who really aren't so focused on the game as they are the social environment they are in.....unlike College Basketball where the student section is constantly cheering, the slower aspect of football results in the student sections losing momentum as the game wears on....
4. Bands: generally when the band is playing, each team has their own chants and crap, which will sustain short bursts of noise, but not sustainable, constant noise....in short, the band dictates when a lot of the crowd cheers (with obvious exception to big plays)

I've only been to a handful of games in the SEC (2 at LSU and one in the Super Dome in NOLA)....so this is just my experience, but I've yet to go to a college game that was anywhere close to noise than Arrowhead
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:14 PM 01-26-2022
Deafen him.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:20 PM 01-26-2022
Arrowhead and Lambeau are the two best NFL stadiums for atmosphere. Also, two of the oldest stadiums.

Otherwise, the best stadiums in the US are college stadiums. They have the most history, the largest capacity, etc. The NFL's desire to build fancy domes and architectural marvels has worsened the fan experience somewhat.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:32 PM 01-26-2022
He heard about the Chief fans finding out about his earlier comments

Burrow says he expects Arrowhead to be as loud as an SEC stadium.

— Andrew Siciliano (@AndrewSiciliano) January 26, 2022

[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:36 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

and he is still wrong.....Arrowhead won't be "as loud", it will be significantly louder
[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 02:01 PM 01-26-2022
Ya I've been to my fair share of SEC football games and none of them hold a candle to the Arrowhead experience.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:40 PM 01-26-2022

Security guard at Paul Brown stadium apologized for it being so loud, “they’re practicing.” Bengals are trying to simulate Arrowhead crowd noise at practice- here’s what it sounds like *outside* the stadium. pic.twitter.com/xb2D8kMJaC

— Michele Steele (@MicheleSteele) January 26, 2022

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:46 PM 01-26-2022
Meh. You don't know what you don't know.

We'll see what he thinks after Sunday . . . . .
[Reply]
eDave 02:53 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
That's pretty crazy.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:07 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Whatever. Still looks like MaCaulay Culkin on crack.
[Reply]
carcosa 03:11 PM 01-26-2022
Joe's Burrows deserve to DIES for what he say!
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:18 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Whatever. Still looks like MaCaulay Culkin on crack.
Macaulay Culkin and Macaulay Culkin on crack are the same person.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:35 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
at least in my experience, it is.....and I think there are legitimate reasons why:

1. Stadium design: most stadiums in CF are older designs fabricated before noise impact was a real thing or a consideration for design...Arrowhead was designed for noise. Additionally, Arrowhead is a very "compact" stadium, where a lot of college stadiums are fairly wide open and sprawling (I suppose to accommodate 80-90K in fans)
2. Split crowds: In SEC, you have to figure 30 - 40% (a total guess) are fans from the visiting school, as opposed to Arrowhead where it's probably 90-95% Chiefs fans. 90% of 70K >>>> 60% of 90K. At any one time, during key points in the game, you might have 40% of the crowd quiet.....
3. College Kids: a large proportion of the crowd are drunk ass college kids who really aren't so focused on the game as they are the social environment they are in.....unlike College Basketball where the student section is constantly cheering, the slower aspect of football results in the student sections losing momentum as the game wears on....
4. Bands: generally when the band is playing, each team has their own chants and crap, which will sustain short bursts of noise, but not sustainable, constant noise....in short, the band dictates when a lot of the crowd cheers (with obvious exception to big plays)

I've only been to a handful of games in the SEC (2 at LSU and one in the Super Dome in NOLA)....so this is just my experience, but I've yet to go to a college game that was anywhere close to noise than Arrowhead
That’s been my experience too. Also depending on ticket policy you’re more likely to get college fans who love the team but don’t really understand the rules for crowd noise. Or sometimes are just there to have fun. In terms of the rah rah stuff of having a home crowd it’s a huge advantage. But in terms of a very coordinated crowd noise that specifically tries to screw up the defense, I’d have to think a few nfl stadiums have them beat.

Big house is a good example. From what I remember in the early 2000s sound practically shooted out because of the stadium design. Think I recall installing luxury boxes helped sound bounce off better in the stadium. A lot to small things like that you might see in really old stadiums.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:33 PM 01-26-2022
If Joe Burrow expects his offense to hear him in the equivalent of standing on the deck of an aircraft carrier with jets about to take off, then more power to him. He's going to be in for a rude awakening.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:58 PM 01-26-2022
Mahomes asked about Burrow’s Arrowhead comment at the presser today.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up