Hammock Parties 08:02 AM 08-01-2022
New trailer holy fuuuuck

The new trailer for #Andor is here!

Coming September 21. pic.twitter.com/oGdhOt06EA

— Star Wars Stuff (@starwarstufff) August 1, 2022

[Reply]
Frazod 12:02 PM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
It's my favorite of the entire franchise, and I watched the original movie in a drive in theater while I was still in fourth grade.
When it comes to Star Wars movies, I judge them by the way they made me feel after the first viewing. While most people generally say ESB is the best movie, and perhaps it is, it left the 14-year-old me confused and depressed; it was definitely not what I was expecting or hoping for. Despite being annoyed by the teddy bears, 17-year-old me was thrilled by the ending of ROTJ. The cheer that erupted when Vader chucked the Emperor down the shaft that June night in 1983 at the long since demolished Kennedy Theater in Kirksville was the loudest I've ever heard - damned near Arrowhead loud. The jaded old fart me was similarly thrilled by the ending of Rogue One and, to a lesser extent, Solo. But none of them can top how exhilarated 11-year-old me was pretty much from end to end of the '77 original. As I've said many times, younger generations spoiled by decades of special effects advancement and CGI will simply never be able to appreciate what a game changer that was. That was the moment science fiction movies changed forever, and you had to be there. I can still watch a clip of the opening and remember how I leaned back in my seat with my jaw agape in utter amazement when the imperial cruiser slowly crossed the screen, after basically having to be dragged to see it by a friend because I thought it would be nothing more than "another stupid space movie."

So while I rank Rogue One right up there with the original, it didn't top that, because it's simply impossible to top. And of course, none of the numbered movies that came later even register.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:20 AM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by sully1983:
This actually looks pretty awesome. I did like Rogue One for the most part.
Looks like DIsney spent a shit ton of money on it at least (finally putting all that baby Yoda merchandise profits to use I see) Love the dark gritty feel to it.
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Rogue One is the best of them all, period.
Originally Posted by listopencil:
It's my favorite of the entire franchise, and I watched the original movie in a drive in theater while I was still in fourth grade.
Originally Posted by Frazod:
So while I rank Rogue One right up there with the original, it didn't top that, because it's simply impossible to top. And of course, none of the numbered movies that came later even register.
I agree the feeling in the movie theatre after the first one back in the late 70's cant be topped emotionally. But...... Rogue One once they get to Scariff is the best "Star Wars" ever put on film. Hands down, no debate.

Hope they don't screw this up. Since Kennedy has been at least sidelined, maybe they can get back to their roots.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:32 AM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-):-):-):-)

Talk about living in a fantasy world . . .
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:47 AM 08-12-2022
I think it's terrible when Star Wars fanatics pirate their content rather than monetarily support it. Stealing from your favorite franchise and then claiming to be their biggest fan. So weird.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:39 PM 09-21-2022
Anybody start this yet? First 3 episodes came out today.

I'm going to start it tonight.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:08 PM 09-21-2022
Seems like a lack of enthusiasm for this. Ill get to it eventually, I guess.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:19 PM 09-21-2022
Watched all of the first 3 episodes. First 2 were solid, nothing special, but it really picks up in episode 3.

It's definitely better than Obi-Wan and Boba Fett.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:57 PM 09-21-2022
Oh shit, lost track of this. I'll give it a shot.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:14 AM 09-22-2022
Oh I'll check it out and just tune out the bullshit
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:34 AM 09-22-2022
It's great. You know why? Disney didn't make it. Rogue One people did.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:16 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Watched all of the first 3 episodes. First 2 were solid, nothing special, but it really picks up in episode 3.

It's definitely better than Obi-Wan and Boba Fett.
Yup.
[Reply]
hometeam 10:57 PM 09-23-2022
im diggin it
[Reply]
Frazod 12:11 PM 09-24-2022
Finally got caught up on this. I really like it. Skarsgård is awesome in everything.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:54 AM 09-28-2022
This is better than I thought it would be. After an OK start the last two episodes (#3 and #4) were compelling and very entertaining.
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 10:23 PM 09-28-2022
Episode 4 was awesome. Really wish this was released in one shot cause I want to keep watching.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 22
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up