« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:49 PM 02-26-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Character accuracy, yes.

And Arendelle was clearly inspired by a certain time in history.

Like I said, this process is only allowed to cut one way.
Even you aren't dumb enough to actually believe that. FFS, man.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:41 PM 02-26-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I kept thinking, watching the original LOTR movies, that it was shocking to me that they never had Tilda Swinson play an elf. They are the most androgynous characters in Middle Earth.
If she can make it work playing the archangel Gabriel, she can definitely play an elf lord.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:53 PM 02-26-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
If she can make it work playing the archangel Gabriel, she can definitely play an elf lord.

Constantine is underrated, in my opinion.

Her as Gabriel, the guy who played Lucifer, Keanu, even Shia Lebouf.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:20 PM 02-26-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Constantine is underrated, in my opinion.

Her as Gabriel, the guy who played Lucifer, Keanu, even Shia Lebouf.
I've been in lust with Rachel Weisz for years, and Peter Stormare as Lucifer stole it. I was really digging the movie until he pulled out the Holy Shotgun of Antioch (with infinity ammo!) and went all Matrix lobby scene with it. Other than that, love the movie.

And holy shit, I didn't know Garth Ennis was a credited writer for Constantine. He was the guy behind the Preacher graphic novel and show.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:28 AM 02-28-2022
Amazon had a post teaser reaction panel of diverse people discussing the diversity on this show. These people were supposed to be “super fans”, but they obviously are just influencers. It is absolutely cringe.

I’m sorry guys, but it couldn’t be more obvious that they’re more worried about diversity than making a great show.

Again, no issue with the diversity itself, just concerns that the show won’t actually be good because it’s not organic.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 03:19 PM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Amazon had a post teaser reaction panel of diverse people discussing the diversity on this show. These people were supposed to be “super fans”, but they obviously are just influencers. It is absolutely cringe.

I’m sorry guys, but it couldn’t be more obvious that they’re more worried about diversity than making a great show.

Again, no issue with the diversity itself, just concerns that the show won’t actually be good because it’s not organic.
Turns out they were not even influencers...but paid actors. I will watch it when it drops, but early returns are looking like a disaster.
[Reply]
Bump 09:23 PM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

well ya, they aren't talented enough to come up with anything on their own so they have to ruin good older stuff. Unfortunate.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:32 PM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
well ya, they aren't talented enough to come up with anything on their own so they have to ruin good older stuff. Unfortunate.
You can’t have a better example that the issue isn’t diversity than The Batman.

I’ve seen some idiots bitching about black Catwoman and black Gordon, but those were brilliant castings that made sense, and most people got that from the beginning.

Great movie, and fans loved it for the most part.

It’s frustrating that people can’t see the difference.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:04 AM 06-21-2022
made the orcs as white as possible :-)

First look at the Orcs in Amazon’s ‘THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER’ series.

(Source: https://t.co/xRF8mVbmM7) pic.twitter.com/CJtNmynFQI

— DiscussingFilm (@DiscussingFilm) June 21, 2022

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:10 AM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
made the orcs as white as possible :-)

White/grey Orcs have always been a thing in the LoTR movie franchise.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:42 AM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Don't let facts get in the way of agenda.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:47 AM 06-21-2022
Orcs have always been scrappy
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:03 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
none of them were that pale in those kinds of numbers
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 12:11 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
none of them were that pale in those kinds of numbers
..he said about imaginary creatures.

Imagined by the original author, various directors, animators, costume designers, and you yourself.

but you stay true to the imaginary cause you are defending.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:15 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
..he said about imaginary creatures.

Imagined by the original author, various directors, animators, costume designers, and you yourself.

but you stay true to the imaginary cause you are defending.
Wrong again.

https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Orcs

Originally Posted by :
They were generally squat, broad, flat-nosed, sallow-skinned, bow-legged, with wide mouths and slant eyes, long arms, dark skin, and fangs.
Deliberate wokism by AMAZON.

Can't have any of this.

[Reply]
Page 9 of 44
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up