ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>Matt Damon on why the aren't making the same movies they used to
Just Passin' By 02:02 AM 08-23-2022
If someone already posted this, my apologies for not having seen it. But I thought some people here might find it interesting, so here it is.

Matt Damon explains why they don't make movies like they used to. pic.twitter.com/BhWypzcsgQ

— SPENCE, TODD (@Todd_Spence) August 21, 2022

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:28 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Dumb movies get made because dumb people pay to see them. For instance, if people stopped paying to see one fucking superhero movie after another, studios would stop making them.
Call me Joker.
[Reply]
Third Eye 01:15 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Regardless of anyone's opinion of The Terminal List, it generated viewership. And that, not how Third Eye (or anyone else) thinks of the quality of the product, is what drives movie creation. Great movies that don't click with a large enough audience usually don't get a follow up, while shit movies that make box office get the sequels.
While there is some truth to this, you really can’t correlate strong streaming viewership with strong box office performance.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:37 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
While there is some truth to this, you really can’t correlate strong streaming viewership with strong box office performance.

Try rereading what I'd posted.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:47 PM 08-26-2022
I wonder where things are going to end up with streaming. It seems like we're headed toward some kind of market correction, given what's going on with Netflix and HBO Max recently. The model of hemorrhaging money in exchange for subscriber growth seems like it's ending.
[Reply]
Third Eye 06:05 PM 08-26-2022
Try rereading what I'd posted.
What?

It seems pretty simple. I said a show was shit and if it were a movie, it wouldn’t get sequels. You responded with, paraphrased, one person’s opinion doesn’t matter, it’s sales that dictate whether a sequel gets made. Whereas I responded with a comment that strong streaming viewership does not equal strong box office sales. That’s the gist. Not sure where you see a disconnect.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:44 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
What?

It seems pretty simple. I said a show was shit and if it were a movie, it wouldn’t get sequels. You responded with, paraphrased, one person’s opinion doesn’t matter, it’s sales that dictate whether a sequel gets made. Whereas I responded with a comment that strong streaming viewership does not equal strong box office sales. That’s the gist. Not sure where you see a disconnect.

I see a disconnect with you not reading for comprehension. This is what I'd posted:

Originally Posted by :
Regardless of anyone's opinion of The Terminal List, it generated viewership. And that, not how Third Eye (or anyone else) thinks of the quality of the product, is what drives movie creation. Great movies that don't click with a large enough audience usually don't get a follow up, while shit movies that make box office get the sequels.

[Reply]
Third Eye 08:07 PM 08-26-2022
I see a disconnect with you not reading for comprehension. This is what I'd posted:
Jesus Christ, what a cunt. I’ll try one more time because I’m feeling generous, care to explain how my paraphrasing of your comment is materially different than what you actually said?
[Reply]
Rausch 12:11 PM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
The music industry is similar.
So without reading the whole thread it sounds like you either have big money behind you or it's a super big risk. Studios can afford the risk and smaller productions can't.

So the odd thing would be that streaming media strengthened the big studios and record labels after the initial lost revenue of d/loading and torrent. It's the little guy and gal that haven't found out how to fit in to the new marketing and business of the business.

Sad, but it seems like that's everything. The Robber Barrons are back. Five corporations to rule them all...
[Reply]
listopencil 08:37 AM 09-05-2022
Argh. I just found out that a Japanese company made a (Japanese) movie version of The Door Into Summer by Robert Heinlein, released in 2021. It has been my long held opinion that many of the works of RAH could be turned into some great movies. From children/YA movies to blockbusters to adult dramas. I'm going to give it a watch on Netflix.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:21 PM 09-06-2022
Matt Damons a Pussy and the Terminal list was good.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 01:15 PM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:

[Reply]
Rausch 04:54 PM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
He better hope not with friends like Affleck and Weinstein...
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:08 PM 09-27-2022

Anthony Mackie on why most movies today are trash.

"You're now making movies for 16-year-olds and China. And that's it." pic.twitter.com/qSbo6ar5bN

— Catch Up (@CatchUpNetwork) September 26, 2022

[Reply]
BWillie 07:36 PM 09-28-2022
Yep all super hero shit
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up