Media Center>Star Wars: Andor
Hammock Parties 08:02 AM 08-01-2022
New trailer holy fuuuuck

The new trailer for #Andor is here!

Coming September 21. pic.twitter.com/oGdhOt06EA

— Star Wars Stuff (@starwarstufff) August 1, 2022

[Reply]
Bowser 03:16 PM 01-28-2023
Even The Empire Strikes Back would have been harshly received had it shown up on the heels of the dogshit that was The Last Jedi.

*no, I am not saying Solo is on par with TESB, I'm just saying.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:42 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Even The Empire Strikes Back would have been harshly received had it shown up on the heels of the dogshit that was The Last Jedi.

*no, I am not saying Solo is on par with TESB, I'm just saying.
Agreed. Solo got targeted almost exclusively because of the lingering hatred for Last Jedi.

Kind of reminds me of the reception The Postman received. It was a post-apocalyptic movie starring Kevin Kostner that came out after the odious Waterworld. While it wasn't a great movie, it certainly wasn't bad, but the critics blasted it and it bombed. They, and apparently most moviegoers, were still pissed about Waterworld. Wouldn't have mattered if it was Citizen Kane.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:22 AM 01-29-2023
I know people say The Last Jedi is the most divisive Star Wars movie. But honestly, after Rise of Skywalker bombed, I think the grand majority of people you talk to argue that the movie was a disappointment (and it gets wrapped into the overall trilogy).

Solo, to me, is actually the most divisive SW movie. I thought it was great, but every person I talk to seems to have a different take on it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:08 AM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Agreed. Solo got targeted almost exclusively because of the lingering hatred for Last Jedi.

Kind of reminds me of the reception The Postman received. It was a post-apocalyptic movie starring Kevin Kostner that came out after the odious Waterworld. While it wasn't a great movie, it certainly wasn't bad, but the critics blasted it and it bombed. They, and apparently most moviegoers, were still pissed about Waterworld. Wouldn't have mattered if it was Citizen Kane.
The Postman is a decent movie. Only barely recognizable from the book the movie was made from. If you haven't read the book, I recommend it.

Solo got targeted due to the trash that was Last Jedi, and got the Obi Wan movie canceled.

Solo is a pretty good movie.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:10 AM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I know people say The Last Jedi is the most divisive Star Wars movie. But honestly, after Rise of Skywalker bombed, I think the grand majority of people you talk to argue that the movie was a disappointment (and it gets wrapped into the overall trilogy).

Solo, to me, is actually the most divisive SW movie. I thought it was great, but every person I talk to seems to have a different take on it.
I think a lot of people let their hatred of Last Jedi color their view of Solo. They watched it expecting to hate it and made it so.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 08:50 AM 01-29-2023
Solo was meh. Not terrible, not great. The whole "his name is Solo because it was assigned to him" bit was horrible... on par with "Greedo shot first". Just, no. There was no need for that. Terrible decision in a long line of successive terrible decisions associated with the Star Wars franchise (going all the way back to the prequels).

IMO what makes Andor so good is they take it seriously. No lame attempts at moronic humor. No "Marvel jokes" peppered into every other line. It is in line with the originals, well, at least episodes IV & V, before Lucas decided to focus more on selling toys than making decent movies. Can you imagine what "Revenge of the Jedi" would have been like on Kashyyk, with wookies instead of those stupid lame teddy bear ewoks? That could have been incredible, esp if he had hired another serious director (Kershner).
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:07 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:

???

People were desperately hoping for Solo to be good, precisely because TLJ was so bad.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:11 PM 01-29-2023
I'll say this for Solo - I enjoyed it much more on the second viewing, which was months if not a year down the road. It's an entertaining flick worth a re-watch if you've never done it.
[Reply]
rydogg58 01:34 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
The Postman is a decent movie. Only barely recognizable from the book the movie was made from. If you haven't read the book, I recommend it.

Solo got targeted due to the trash that was Last Jedi, and got the Obi Wan movie canceled.

Solo is a pretty good movie.
Not to sidetrack this even more, but The Postman book was so much better than the actual movie. It's like the only thing they have in common was the title.

And Solo was a fun movie that doesn't deserve the amount of hate it gets.
[Reply]
Fish 02:43 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Solo was meh. Not terrible, not great. The whole "his name is Solo because it was assigned to him" bit was horrible... on par with "Greedo shot first". Just, no. There was no need for that. Terrible decision in a long line of successive terrible decisions associated with the Star Wars franchise (going all the way back to the prequels).

IMO what makes Andor so good is they take it seriously. No lame attempts at moronic humor. No "Marvel jokes" peppered into every other line. It is in line with the originals, well, at least episodes IV & V, before Lucas decided to focus more on selling toys than making decent movies. Can you imagine what "Revenge of the Jedi" would have been like on Kashyyk, with wookies instead of those stupid lame teddy bear ewoks? That could have been incredible, esp if he had hired another serious director (Kershner).

[Reply]
Frazod 02:57 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
???

People were desperately hoping for Solo to be good, precisely because TLJ was so bad.
It was good. And compared to Last Jedi, it was great.
[Reply]
Colby Juarez 04:33 AM 02-09-2023
Agree. It was one of the best among Star Wars series. I liked Andor.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 22
« First < 121819202122
Up