ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Jared Wiley Thread*****
Dunerdr 05:06 PM 04-27-2024
There’s just some kelce style in there with the hands catches and wiggle.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:09 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
There’s just some kelce style in there with the hands catches and wiggle.
Yup, there's a lot they look similar at.

Of course he's not the athlete Kelce is but he can do a lot of the same things.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 05:11 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Yup, there's a lot they look similar at.

Of course he's not the athlete Kelce is but he can do a lot of the same things.
I bet he’s not that athletically different than where Kelce been the last few years. Hoping he’s prime Kelce is ridiculous but if he can backfill 65-70% post retirement it’s a home run.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:20 PM 04-27-2024
I mean this is just incredible

Even when healthy I don't think fortson is it
And I love gray but he's not a future TE1 and he's just a good enough TE2

Just a tremendous pick. Great spot to take a TE2 floor with TE1 ceiling
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:30 AM 04-28-2024
I was wondering if it was just me but apparently most do agree that he moves and runs and is similar to Trav in a lot of ways.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:23 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
I was wondering if it was just me but apparently most do agree that he moves and runs and is similar to Trav in a lot of ways.
He's stiffer. Feet are heavier. Seems to have some of the same ideas but not quite as much fluidity.

But at that size, who does? It's just a level of grace that doesn't make sense at 6'5".

But Wiley is close enough to be starting caliber long term, IMO.

And unlike the trend you're seeing with Kincaid, Bowers, McBride, etc - he has the size that requires you respect his physicality on the field. You can't just go nickel when he's out there because he'll block a slot corner into the core of the earth. You might be able to do a 3 safety set and be fine, but really you should probably hang in base with a guy like that.

THATS where the mismatches come from. Not by sending some 6'3" and 235 lb guy who runs an 4.65 against a NCB.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 02:40 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's stiffer. Feet are heavier. Seems to have some of the same ideas but not quite as much fluidity.

But at that size, who does? It's just a level of grace that doesn't make sense at 6'5".

And unlike the trend you're seeing with Kincaid, Bowers, McBride, etc - he has the size that requires you respect his physicality on the field. You can't just go nickel when he's out there because he'll block a slot corner into the core of the earth. You might be able to do a 3 safety set and be fine, but really you should probably hang in base with a guy like that.

THATS where the mismatches come from. Not by sending some 6'3" and 235 lb guy who runs an 4.65 against a NCB.
You articulated that well, couldn't quite put my finger on it but he's almost like a stiffer version of Trav. Trav has such a smooth way he runs and transitions into movements that it's hard to describe. This guy is SIMILAR but as you said, a bit more heavy footed and stiff in his motions compared to him.

But the similaries are there.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:10 PM 04-28-2024
You articulated that well, couldn't quite put my finger on it but he's almost like a stiffer version of Trav. Trav has such a smooth way he runs and transitions into movements that it's hard to describe. This guy is SIMILAR but as you said, a bit more heavy footed and stiff in his motions compared to him.

He's MUCH more linear imo. He's going to catch the ball and get upfield. He's not going to shake people the way Kelce does, and his balance after contact isn't the same. But Kelce is a unicorn. What this guy can do is going to be plenty useful enough and should be a big upgrade on Fortson and Bell.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:34 AM 04-29-2024

Yeah - it took me a second to figure it out as well.

Like you, I thought he looked similar but...less. And I wasn't sure why. Then I think it was the play where he actually scored a TD on a drag lookin' route he turned upfield and then powered through a guy at the goal line to score.

His mechanics as he made the turn and then got upfield were just more deliberate. It looked good, but not second nature.

What's amazing about Kelce is how big he is. You never realize it because he doesn't move like it at all.

This guy moves like a very graceful big guy. Kelce moves like a WR so you lose track of the fact that he's damn near 6'6" and a massive human being. Watching Wiley, I can tell that he's big and it's because he has to take a little extra time to get that mass moving.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:24 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

So glad the Raiders took Bowers. He's so overrated that it is ridiculous.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:08 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
So glad the Raiders took Bowers. He's so overrated that it is ridiculous.
It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't take Mayer early in the 2nd last year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:38 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't take Mayer early in the 2nd last year.
The Chargers and Raiders both have genuinely good players at maybe 4 positions on the field and both took guys that play that position with their first round picks.

The Alt thing just blows my mind. Again - damn good player. Gonna be a starter there for 10 years. But man, you have Slater and a shot at Nabers and you took a guy who's either going to play RT or end up moving your pro bowl caliber LT over to the right side.

It's just braindead, IMO.
[Reply]
nychief 11:34 AM 04-28-2024
I assume his main roll is going to be blocking this up coming season, he's replacing Belldozer.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:37 AM 04-28-2024
He's gonna get a few 1000 yard seasons. Maybe not as many as Kelce, but he's gonna get a couple.

And the league is going to crrrrryyyyy
[Reply]
DenverChief 01:24 PM 04-28-2024
I just saw this guy is 6 foot 7 inches tall. Lawd he a big boy.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up