ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 52
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Chief TE Travis Kelce
TribalElder 06:43 PM 04-26-2013
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...lce?id=2540258

OVERVIEW
In high school, Kelce was a three sport star, but his best sport was always football. He was a three-year letter winner at quarterback, and earned All-Lake Erie League honors after totaling 2,539 yards of total offense and 31 total touchdowns as a senior. Kelce’s uncle Don Blalock played football at Purdue and grandfather Don Blalock played football at Ohio. Travis is the younger brother of former Cincinnati Bearcats and current Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce.

In his first year on campus, Travis redshirted. In his redshirt freshman year, Kelce participated in 11 games as the tight end. He caught one pass for three yards. Kelce also played some quarterback, strictly in a Wildcat role. He logged eight carries for 47 yards and two touchdowns. Kelce did not play in 2010, as he was suspended for a violation of team rules. Upon his return in 2011, Kelce caught 13 passes for 150 yards and two touchdowns. In his senior season, Kelce put himself on the NFL prospect map, as he caught 45 passes for 722 yards and eight touchdowns. He was selected to the All-Big East first team for his play.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Kelce has an ideal tight end frame. Athletic for his size, with great strength, and the ability to stretch the field vertically. Very physical run blocker, generates power from the lower half, and will move defenders off the ball. Plays with leverage. Wide catching radius, can adjust and make the difficult catch. Tough to bring down after the catch. Light feet, and has lined up in numerous different positions.
WEAKNESSES Suspended for an entire season for violating team rules. Only one season of production. Doesn't have blazing speed. Not a tremendously explosive athlete. Doesn't come out of his breaks all that well.
NFL COMPARISON Rob Gronkowski
BOTTOM LINE Kelce has been a tremendous run blocker throughout his career for the Bearcats, but really elevated his game as a receiver in his senior season. He isn't a tremendous athlete, but he does a lot of things very well. It's a deep tight end class, but Kelce's play suggests that he should be highly sought after.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:35 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
It's a bet. What does the winner get? Whatever JWhit leaves behind at Gates?
You have yet to suppose yer' arger-ment azzhole!

[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 05:40 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by Rausch:
You have yet to suppose yer' arger-ment azzhole!

Your meme prowess is fascinating. Do you celebrate Festivus?
[Reply]
Rausch 05:50 AM 04-27-2013
Your meme prowess is fascinating. Do you celebrate Festivus?
Bitch I celebrate the end of evera' day!
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 05:52 AM 04-27-2013
Bitch I celebrate the end of evera' day!
Confession. Woke up at 5:40. Started drinking at 5:41. Some call this a problem. Gotta pace myself. Helluva life.
[Reply]
jimw51 05:58 AM 04-27-2013
If isn't for that man you wouldn't have a team to complain about fruit ninja.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:00 AM 04-27-2013
Confession. Woke up at 5:40. Started drinking at 5:41. Some call this a problem. Gotta pace myself. Helluva life.
I'm pretty sure that if you can still afford it it's not a problem.

I think.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:01 AM 04-27-2013
I'm pretty sure that if you can still afford it it's not a problem.

I think.
Thanks for the self esteem boost. I feel..........better.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:04 AM 04-27-2013
Thanks for the self esteem boost. I feel..........better.
Good.

I'm pretty sure that's the main reason they haven't banned me...
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:07 AM 04-27-2013
Good.

I'm pretty sure that's the main reason they haven't banned me...
Well, you have helped me this morning. And vodka has helped. I hope someday to help you. No homo.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:14 AM 04-27-2013
Well, you have helped me this morning. And vodka has helped. I hope someday to help you. No homo.
I'm glad that my words and you not wanting to touch me has allowed us to bond.

Without touching.

Prost!:-)
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:16 AM 04-27-2013
I'm glad that my words and you not wanting to touch me has allowed us to bond.

Without touching.

Prost!:-)
A small tear and a fist bump was enjoyed by all.
[Reply]
Micjones 11:06 AM 04-27-2013
Here's the response I got from a friend who's a HUGE Cincinnati football fan (he's also a Broncos fan):

"I think he's really a diamond in the rough. Was recruited by Brian Kelly, I think as a QB. Had to adjust to Butch Jones, made a mistake smoking weed and got suspended. Spent his third year mostly as a blocker, and then this past year they really cut him loose more. He's really only played the position two seasons and yet he was the best college tight end I saw this year. He caught 46 balls but it's important to note that for most of the year they had a really, really dicey QB who was a good runner but was horrendously inaccurate on intermediate throws. Kelce could have caught 65 or 70 easy if they had made the change to their backup earlier in the season. Also, it's kind of funny to me that his supposed off-field "problems" led to him falling that far. He smoked marijuana when he was 19. That's his off-field problem. After that he was pretty much an exemplary teammate--his teammates and coaches loved him, he was a captain, and I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a segment on the Butch Jones Show where he mentioned Travis and his brother Jason as two of the favorite players he ever coached. Check out any of his media interaction on youtube, too--the guy is really sharp, respectful, insightful...I think he has the mental makeup and the work ethic to go with the skills. Also he has the kind of make-up that Chiefs fans like...intense, maybe a bit cocky, but not disrespectful or showboaty. Maybe like Jared Allen without the white trashness? Andy Reid drafted or signed a bunch of Bearcats in Philly and had a lot of success with them, including another UC tight end, Brent Celek. If you want a little glimpse of Kelce's speed, check out his game-winning touchdown against Duke on youtube. It was a blown assignment by Duke but then Travis outruns two DBs by a solid ten yards--just absolutely leaves them in the dust. Anyway, lengthy post, but I'd bet on this being a great pick for the Chiefs."

The first catch and run is more impressive than the TD. This kid has good feet and can run!
[Reply]
Frosty 11:08 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by Micjones:
He smoked marijuana when he was 19. That's his off-field problem.
CP had him one drink from Skid Row yesterday. :-)
[Reply]
chief4life 12:37 PM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by Micjones:
Here's the response I got from a friend who's a HUGE Cincinnati football fan (he's also a Broncos fan):

"I think he's really a diamond in the rough. Was recruited by Brian Kelly, I think as a QB. Had to adjust to Butch Jones, made a mistake smoking weed and got suspended. Spent his third year mostly as a blocker, and then this past year they really cut him loose more. He's really only played the position two seasons and yet he was the best college tight end I saw this year. He caught 46 balls but it's important to note that for most of the year they had a really, really dicey QB who was a good runner but was horrendously inaccurate on intermediate throws. Kelce could have caught 65 or 70 easy if they had made the change to their backup earlier in the season. Also, it's kind of funny to me that his supposed off-field "problems" led to him falling that far. He smoked marijuana when he was 19. That's his off-field problem. After that he was pretty much an exemplary teammate--his teammates and coaches loved him, he was a captain, and I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a segment on the Butch Jones Show where he mentioned Travis and his brother Jason as two of the favorite players he ever coached. Check out any of his media interaction on youtube, too--the guy is really sharp, respectful, insightful...I think he has the mental makeup and the work ethic to go with the skills. Also he has the kind of make-up that Chiefs fans like...intense, maybe a bit cocky, but not disrespectful or showboaty. Maybe like Jared Allen without the white trashness? Andy Reid drafted or signed a bunch of Bearcats in Philly and had a lot of success with them, including another UC tight end, Brent Celek. If you want a little glimpse of Kelce's speed, check out his game-winning touchdown against Duke on youtube. It was a blown assignment by Duke but then Travis outruns two DBs by a solid ten yards--just absolutely leaves them in the dust. Anyway, lengthy post, but I'd bet on this being a great pick for the Chiefs."
Thanks for the insight I love this pick as well. I found a great video on him he is just pure nasty when it comes to his blocking and overall speed. I am impressed with him and lucky to have him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUj5zK06orY
[Reply]
beach tribe 12:41 PM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Hamas had him one drink from Skid Row yesterday. :-)
FYP

functioning alcoholic IIRC
[Reply]
Page 20 of 52
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up