ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 234 of 297
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244284 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 05:54 PM 09-18-2010
Originally Posted by KevB:
It is, and he's a talented writer. Haven't been around him since college....
Decent writer although he always writes non-stories. Maybe that is all he is allowed to do. He is an awful poster/tweeter. A real awkward guy to be around, too.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 05:55 PM 09-18-2010
Originally Posted by notorious:
How does a Conference USA team a decent running QB and KSU gets Coffman.

:-)

It comes down to QB, and since KSU doesn't have one we have no hope.
Coffman made one horrific pass, a couple of bad passes - but let's be honest, he had a few decent throws too. He didn't lose us the game. The defense put us in a position to lose us this game, IMO.
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:02 PM 09-18-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Coffman made one horrific pass, a couple of bad passes - but let's be honest, he had a few decent throws too. He didn't lose us the game. The defense put us in a position to lose us this game, IMO.
It's weird. You look at the stats and you'd think the D played pretty well. I mean, ISU was only 33% on 3rd downs, gained less than 300 total yards, and they only gave up 1 TD. But, it seemed like we just didn't press them much. We played D to keep the play in front of us, instead of trying to just make a play, We missed a F ton of tackles, and just didn't look sharp. I REALLY hope we bring it against NU. Otherwise, we are going to get our asses steam rolled.
[Reply]
KevB 06:03 PM 09-18-2010
It's not just a matter of the throws he makes...it's the throws he doesn't make because the coaches can't trust him. The threat of our running game should make playing QB quite a bit easier, especially with a solid WR corp. Instead, it's a struggle at all times, and any time he drops back KSU fans collectively hold their breath.
[Reply]
notorious 06:03 PM 09-18-2010
I am looking at the big picture. He looks like he is going to piss his pants whenever he has the ball in his hands. KU's freshman looks more comfortable with the ball then Coffman.

I hope that the next QB in line has better running/passing instincts then Coffman. I will leave it at that.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:04 PM 09-18-2010
Originally Posted by KevB:
It's not just a matter of the throws he makes...it's the throws he doesn't make because the coaches can't trust him. The threat of our running game should make playing QB quite a bit easier, especially with a solid WR corp. Instead, it's a struggle at all times, and any time he drops back KSU fans collectively hold their breath.
Yep. I'm glad we have some pretty good wide receivers to bail him out.
[Reply]
KevB 06:05 PM 09-18-2010
Yep. I'm glad we have some pretty good wide receivers to bail him out.
We caught a break on the deep ball to Broderick. There was definitely a push off, but it was subtle and WRs tend to get away with that. Great play on his part.
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:08 PM 09-18-2010

I hope that the next QB in line has better running/passing instincts then Coffman. I will leave it at that.
The QB's behind Coffman, if you can believe it, are worse. If Lamur was the goods, he'd be playing. Apparently, from what I've been told, he has NO idea how to read D's, and makes horrific decisions. Athletically, he's all that. Game time, he's Oh Shit! Cosh is a lost Frosh. I'm not sure what to think of him. Klein has no instinct for the game. Apparently, he's more tentative than Coffman in his reads, if you can believe that. Personally, I'd start running Harper 10-15 plays per game at QB in the option role. Dude is far too athletic not to touch the ball. That whole deal is a major mystery to me.
[Reply]
KevB 06:11 PM 09-18-2010
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Personally, I'd start running Harper 10-15 plays per game at QB in the option role. Dude is far too athletic not to touch the ball. That whole deal is a major mystery to me.
Agreed, although obviously Snyder is no dummy. If that were as obvious as you and I think it is, they'd be doing it. Who knows.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:14 PM 09-18-2010
Anyways. I wish we'd run Powell more often to spell Thomas.

Our special teams improved by quite a bit today.

Feels good to be 3-0.
[Reply]
Coach 06:16 PM 09-18-2010

Feels good to be 3-0.
That's what I been saying. I tweeted to let them know that the back-up is solid, and to get him the ball sometimes to give Thomas a rest.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
notorious 06:16 PM 09-18-2010
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
The QB's behind Coffman, if you can believe it, are worse. If Lamur was the goods, he'd be playing. Apparently, from what I've been told, he has NO idea how to read D's, and makes horrific decisions. Athletically, he's all that. Game time, he's Oh Shit! Cosh is a lost Frosh. I'm not sure what to think of him. Klein has no instinct for the game. Apparently, he's more tentative than Coffman in his reads, if you can believe that. Personally, I'd start running Harper 10-15 plays per game at QB in the option role. Dude is far too athletic not to touch the ball. That whole deal is a major mystery to me.
I saw "the future" against UCLA. At that moment I prayed that a JUCO QB will come and save the next season.
[Reply]
Coach 06:18 PM 09-18-2010
I saw "the future" against UCLA. At that moment I prayed that a JUCO QB will come and save the next season.
Justin Tuggle.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:20 PM 09-18-2010

Feels good to be 3-0.
DT's shoulder is banged up again. This is going to be a REAL problem if we don't start spelling him more.
[Reply]
kstater 06:33 PM 09-18-2010

His inability to hit the open receiver with a clear path to the endzone anywhere near in stride or anywhere near him at all(a once a game opportunity at best) is what kills me. I don't mind the game manager aspect of him, he's decent at that, but you can't give up those opportunities when you have them.
[Reply]
Page 234 of 297
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244284 > Last »
Up