ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 192
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
Jerm 01:47 PM 03-23-2022
I’d sign RoJo and MVS and make a move for Metcalf….offense looks pretty damn good then.

And yeah, I know you’d have to pay Metcalf…he’s 25, won’t completely break the bank, and has been productive. I’d do it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:48 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
And he's not fucking the chiefs over by taking the best deal possible after taking a team friendly deal last time. He's a top 2 WR. He wanted to get paid like one and now he is.

We all expected to pay him like a top WR but now it's fuck him for doing so? If he was innocent of what he accused of like all you guys believe, why should he keep taking discounts just because the chiefs "stood by him"?
I never said that.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:48 PM 03-23-2022
Remember this? Truly the end of an era.

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:49 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
100% agree... which is why I have doubts about the likelihood that the Chiefs are going to successfully replace Tyreek via the draft.
Well nobody is replacing Tyreek beyond filling the spot for a 80% of all offensive snaps as a receiver.

Replicating Gronk / Aaron Hernandez with Kelce and an analogue to Hernandez (hopefully without the criminality)
at TE isn't replacing Tyreek, but it certainly fills a void with pass catchers.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:50 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
And he's not ****ing the chiefs over by taking the best deal possible after taking a team friendly deal last time. He's a top 2 WR. He wanted to get paid like one and now he is.

We all expected to pay him like a top WR but now it's **** him for doing so? If he was innocent of what he accused of like all you guys believe, why should he keep taking discounts just because the chiefs "stood by him"?
He's not even going to be able to spend all that money so yeah he basically is screwing the Chiefs. Be honest with yourself buddy.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:50 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Yeah, I’m convinced this didn’t happen solely because of the Adams deal.
He also posted a basically “goodbye” post about 10 days ago. Talked about KC in past tense.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:50 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
If you thought that then you're ignorant of the recent track record regarding Reid + Dorsey/Veach and developing WRs.

It takes a year for a rookie to get Reid's offense.

If they ever do.
What rookie WR's are you talking about? Hardman? The LATE 2nd round pick that only had 2 years of experience at WR? That guy?

Or LATE 5th round pick Powell?

We talking about Tyreek Hill who was a goddamn RB coming out of college?

Who are these rookie WR's that Reid failed to develop?
[Reply]
threebag 01:50 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He kind of had some off the field shit going on at that time. I’m not for bashing Hill but it’s not like the Chiefs have fucked him over at any point in his career so far.
Like they did Eric Berry
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:51 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Remember this? Truly the end of an era.

I would bet big money that you were a miserable bitch back then too
[Reply]
EPodolak 01:51 PM 03-23-2022
Ugh...big star trades bug me regardless of the deal, still get attached to players.

Have to say I'm excited about the possibilities and seeing this maneuvering play itself out though. Didn't appear we had any choice anyway.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:51 PM 03-23-2022
The whole Andy Reid and rookie WR thing is overblown.

Tyreek and Hardman were basically gadget guys in year 1 learning how to play the position on top of learning the scheme and they both had over 500 yards.

Whatever WR we draft will likely be a more polished WR.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:52 PM 03-23-2022
Forget "surefire starter"... how about expecting Cornell Powell to make the active roster at some point last season? :-)

That was too much to ask?

The Chiefs were so desperate at WR last season they signed Josh Gordon, and yet Cornell Powell couldn't find his way off the Practice Squad?
He was a 5th round comp choice, so practically the 6th round at that point.

Nothing is a sure thing by then. Far from it.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:52 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by stumppy:
It's not like they needed to rebuild the OLine last year or anything.

JFC Do you even football?
What does that have to do with completely whiffing on the Cornell Powell draft pick?

It is okay to excuse a 5th round WR draft pick not making the active roster all season because the Chiefs "needed to rebuild the offensive line"?

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 01:53 PM 03-23-2022
What does that have to do with completely whiffing on the Cornell Powell draft pick?

It is okay to excuse a 5th round WR draft pick not making the active roster all season because the Chiefs "needed to rebuild the offensive line"?

:-)
No. It’s ok because they still had arguably the best draft in the NFL last year.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:54 PM 03-23-2022
As I process this....I am depressed.

Maybe Veatch thinks he can win no matter who is in the system.

I hope so.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 54 of 192
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Up