View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 277 of 343
« First < 177227267273274275276277 278279280281287327 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:09 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
So you think that benching the best 2 OT that we have to teach them a lesson is not more apt to get Mahomes injured? That would be putting Mahomes at more risk.
Since we have all watched these turds for far to long now how could anymore think their backups would not be worse and that they opposing team would not try and take advantage of that situation.
They're 2 of the 5 worst OT's in the entire league...I also don't think Wylie is one of the 2 best OT's on the roster. Some of this is loyalty, some of it is about not changing a line mid season..

But every number says if you changed them out the backups probably at worst would be about the same.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:17 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They're 2 of the 5 worst OT's in the entire league...I also don't think Wylie is one of the 2 best OT's on the roster. Some of this is loyalty, some of it is about not changing a line mid season..

But every number says if you changed them out the backups probably at worst would be about the same.
I would say that Niang would be an improvement over Wylie as he was the starter that is making his way back from injury. Beyond Niang, we are talking bout Wanogho, Christian, and Kinnard. I do not believe any combination of those three would be equal to what we currently have even as bad as they have been. I would say that they would be proportionally worse because of their talent level and continuity.
One of the best things for Brown will be getting Thuney back in there. Brown has been bad but a part of the problem has been Allegretti not being in the position to help with the inside move by a DE.

I am hoping that Thuney being back will help Brown and that Niang gets back in there at RT. I think the OL would be vastly improved under those circumstances. Not that it would take much to be vastly improved.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:19 AM 12-08-2022
no one can convince me geron christian isn't a better pass blocker than orlando brownstain jr

I KNOW he has better feet.

First thing that’s popping out for Christian (#72) is the foot quickness allowing him to maintain good positioning into his set #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/N0vzhagOZt

— Bryan Stewart (@BryanStewart_) March 20, 2022

Would say in my initial looks, Christian’s anchor has surprised me in a good way for a player who seems to have questions re: play strength.

Seems his technique/pad level makes up for some of that. pic.twitter.com/sZfR36EkK6

— Bryan Stewart (@BryanStewart_) March 20, 2022

[Reply]
-King- 10:27 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I wouldn't hold your breath that anything is going to change this year.

He'll have McKinnon stationed behind OBJ to help him when he gets whipped and then address it in the offseason.

People have won superbowls before with huge problems so it isn't a season-killer but yeah. OBJ has to go.
Yep.

McKinnon is the reason why Orlando's sack numbers aren't as high as Wylie's despite allowing the same number of pressures.

We'd probably be able to make McKinnon more of a weapon if he didn't need to chip or stay in the backfield and block as often.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:36 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
What, are you trying to get Mahomes killed? There are other ways to drive the point home without that.
The way things are going, Brown and Wylie are going to get Pat killed.

Andy won't make a change mid-season. But he should.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:41 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It wouldn't matter where he plays. He's not going to magically be more consistent just because he's playing on the right instead of the left. That's why it's so incredibly frustrating with him. He has the talent to be an elite LT. He's flashed it enough for it to not be a fluke. But it not nearly consistent enough to make him our long term LT.
He's flashed enough to show he's an elite RT too. Just not in this offense. He needs to go somewhere that pounds the ball.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:42 AM 12-08-2022
Orlando either shuts down Denver's edge rush this weekend or goes to the bench.

We should dominate Denver and if we don't why expect Orlando to play up to snuff in the postseason?

Geron Christian, period.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:50 AM 12-08-2022
Saw a stat that Mahomes is 10th in the league in how long he holds the ball in the pocket. Gonna have to speed that up unless you have 3 TE’s on the field, which makes Hardman and Toney coming back even more critical
[Reply]
TEX 10:55 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's flashed enough to show he's an elite RT too. Just not in this offense. He needs to go somewhere that pounds the ball.
Exactly. If he plays RT in this offense, the same problems he has now will just follow him to the other side.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:12 AM 12-08-2022
Watching all of the pass reps from Sunday...I mean...some of those reps were so unbelievably bad that I can't imagine ANYONE being worse. I mean, just atrocious. A lot of those snaps, he had barely moved and Hendrickson was already around the corner.

Just horrible.

I don't know how much more leash Andy can give either of these guys. I mean, if Christian and Niang and/or Winnebago can't do better than that then Veach has failed miserably. And I don't think Veach is a dumb guy.

Brown's awful and Wylie blows goats.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:11 PM 12-08-2022

Bieniemy: Lucas Niang is chomping at the bit to play.#Chiefs

— PJ Green (@PJGreenTV) December 8, 2022

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:12 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Watching all of the pass reps from Sunday...I mean...some of those reps were so unbelievably bad that I can't imagine ANYONE being worse. I mean, just atrocious. A lot of those snaps, he had barely moved and Hendrickson was already around the corner.

Just horrible.

I don't know how much more leash Andy can give either of these guys. I mean, if Christian and Niang and/or Winnebago can't do better than that then Veach has failed miserably. And I don't think Veach is a dumb guy.

Brown's awful and Wylie blows goats.
Everyone here seems to see it, not sure if Andy does or seems willing to admit he needs to move on or at least try something else.
[Reply]
irafreak 12:27 PM 12-08-2022
Hopefully andy will scheme up better if we see these guys in the playoffs. When we played san fran, Andy had plays that let bosa blow by the tackle and we attacked the space he left behind. Kept waiting for mahomes to step up past their rusher blowing past obj....
[Reply]
DRM08 12:37 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Saw a stat that Mahomes is 10th in the league in how long he holds the ball in the pocket. Gonna have to speed that up unless you have 3 TE’s on the field, which makes Hardman and Toney coming back even more critical
Need more quick hitter plays. Would be really good if the combo of Toney, Hardman, and Thuney can get healthy for Playoffs.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:39 PM 12-08-2022
Can't even imagine if Brown didn't have Mahomes' elusivity in the pocket.

He would easily be the worst tackle in the league.
[Reply]
Page 277 of 343
« First < 177227267273274275276277 278279280281287327 > Last »
Up